PDA

View Full Version : BDA Garage clearout 23rd April

enigma
14-04-2005, 07:27 PM
OKAY, its been a long time coming, but finally I have decided its clearout time for the BDA garage!

So on the 23rd of April anyone that is interested is invited to the BDA residence to help out.

The reward? Well as Nick has pointed out before, my garage is a bit of a goldmine of bits and I want rid! Anything that you find that I dont want - its yours! This may be a screw........errr hold on that came out wrong :embarasse all the way up to a VR4 back box, a Caddilac rear axle, a rover V6 engine, A Jag front subframe and back down to a washer.

There are obviously things I want to keep, such as my tools and help finding them will be rewarded with food from the BBQ ;)

I have a skip out front for all the crap (there is a lot of it) so if you fancy a mini meet where you do a bit of work let me know..........

and if you are good i will show you some 4ft ****! (Ask Nick!)

Nick Mann
14-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Cool! (Not yours, though!)

I'm up for a bit of dirty food! I mean, BBQ food is often enhance with used engine oil!

SGHOM
14-04-2005, 07:30 PM
I'll give you a hand Dave ! :thumbsup:

there's an old engine on a stand I can releive you of !! /yes :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

Kieran
14-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Spot on! That falls just right, as Alex's hen night is the 23rd, so I'm being kicked out of KieranCorp Towers for that day/night!! :embarasse

psbarham
14-04-2005, 08:01 PM
i'll help out , and a i know someone who may have the rover V6 lump off ya to fit in his rover 600 (he can't keep up!)

bernmc
14-04-2005, 11:15 PM
There is clearly a conspiracy in this club to hold BBQ's on w/ends when I am working. I must start wearing deodorant :|

Kieran
15-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Doh!

I've just checked and I've got something else on. Sorry.

I-S
15-04-2005, 10:40 PM
I would definitely have been up for this one. My excuse is that I'll be in California.

SGHOM
15-04-2005, 10:51 PM
I would definitely have been up for this one. My excuse is that I'll be in California.
pathetic excuse !! :embarasse :embarasse

Kieran
16-04-2005, 02:01 AM
Doh!

I've just checked and I've got something else on. Sorry.

Double DOH!

It's the 24th that I'm busy - Not the 23rd! :embarasse

That'll teach me not to look at the calendar properly! :inquisiti :rolleyes4 /help

Nick Mann
17-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Forget the double doh, what about double chocolate?

Vicky is planning to do a batch of chocolate brownies (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5702)!

What time shall we arrive? Do I get first dibs if I arrive first?!!!

enigma
17-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Forget the double doh, what about double chocolate?

Vicky is planning to do a batch of chocolate brownies (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5702)!

Any time you like, the earlier we finish the earlier we can eat brownies!!! Oh and start stripping the old engine to assess the damage! This kind of relies on finding my toold though! :rolleyes4

psbarham
17-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Any time you like, the earlier we finish the earlier we can eat brownies!!! Oh and start stripping the old engine to assess the damage! This kind of relies on finding my toold though! :rolleyes4
i might be working but should be able to get there for 2 ish , save some food please , and how much for the rover V6?

Kieran
17-04-2005, 11:46 PM
Vicky is planning to do a batch of chocolate brownies!

Not on the Brownies you don't!!! Mine!!! All Mine!!! :evil2: :evil2:

Kieran
17-04-2005, 11:46 PM

Should I pack the tools then, just incase? :inquisiti

bernmc
18-04-2005, 09:29 AM
You are all barstewards :( :( :(

grumblegrumblegrumble.

Kieran
18-04-2005, 10:17 AM
You are all barstewards :( :( :(

grumblegrumblegrumble.

Can't you book the day off?

SGHOM
18-04-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm helping my son move house on saturday ! :embarasse
i may still make it in the afternoon, but probably in my van. /yes
my car may still be in for it's service, & also it's going through a major transfomation at the mo !! :evil2: :evil2: I'm keeping it under wraps for the time being !!

Kieran
18-04-2005, 10:27 AM
...my car may still be in for it's service, & also it's going through a major transfomation at the mo !! :evil2: :evil2: I'm keeping it under wraps for the time being !!

:inquisiti :inquisiti :inquisiti :curtain: :curtain: :smart:

bernmc
18-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Can't you book the day off?
Unfortunately I've called in too many favours already with getting The Purple Peril sorted, so I'm stuck with working the w/end. :|

psbarham
18-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Unfortunately I've called in too many favours already with getting The Purple Peril sorted, so I'm stuck with working the w/end. :|
can't you phone in :sick2: tell them you are on your period or something :rolleyes4

Kieran
18-04-2005, 11:37 AM

Well, I'm sorry to hear of your problems with your 'Purple Peril'.... Hopefully the cream will work?!?! :inquisiti :embarasse

bernmc
18-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Look you lot, don't even pretend to care. This is the 2nd BBQ-blessed micro meet that just 'happens' to fall on a w/end that I have to work. Considering that I only do 1 in 4 w/ends now, it's too much to be a coincidence:inquisiti. So it's either a conspiracy (and i was so carefull not to dribble or strangle any small furry animals/PSB's children at the last meet), or that greedy boy Dave thinks I'm after the pies :|

enigma
18-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Look you lot, don't even pretend to care. This is the 2nd BBQ-blessed micro meet that just 'happens' to fall on a w/end that I have to work. Considering that I only do 1 in 4 w/ends now, it's too much to be a coincidence:inquisiti. So it's either a conspiracy (and i was so carefull not to dribble or strangle any small furry animals/PSB's children at the last meet), or that greedy boy Dave thinks I'm after the pies :|

Note to self, next BBQ scheduled for 4 weeks time! :p

zentac
18-04-2005, 09:18 PM
I will have that old VR4 engine thats kicking round in there somewhere that you no longer need ;)

enigma
18-04-2005, 09:47 PM
The engine will be hidden! :thumbsup:

Kieran
18-04-2005, 09:57 PM
The engine will be hidden! :thumbsup:

In a V6 Sport!! ;) /lol

enigma
21-04-2005, 07:48 AM
OK, can I have a rough show of numbers so I can organise the catering.

Partners are welcome, but we do ask that young children are left at home, my garage is not really the place for them.............last thing I want to find is small inquisitive fingers on my garage floor!

I am guessing that its the usual suspects at the moment

Me and Mrs BDA
Nick & Vicky
Kieran
Derek +1?

any more?

Maybe I didn't make myself entirely clear, its going to be a bit of a giveaway - no charge, free, gratis! There are a few items to which this doesn't apply like a set of brand new boxed Ford fitment 14" alloys! Donations are however welcome, but not expected! /yes

RED
21-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Would love to come and help but Marcus is rallying and i would have her ladyship with me and although she's been in the garage at work like you say it's no place for tiny fingers and :inquisiti minds. Plus she'd probably eat all of Vicky's brownies /yes ooh ok I would eat all the brownies :rolleyes4 /lol

enigma
22-04-2005, 05:14 PM
This appears to have died on its ass :embarasse

zentac
22-04-2005, 05:22 PM

What time tomorrow (not that I will be up too early !)

SGHOM
22-04-2005, 05:34 PM
just the usual suspects then ?? why did I suspect that !! /yes /yes /grr

enigma
22-04-2005, 05:44 PM
What time tomorrow (not that I will be up too early !)

sunrise to sunset!

Nick Mann
22-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Vicky has completed a batch of chocolate brownies! The smell is fantastic!

She has cut them into rather large pieces, so maybe a good thing there won't be too many of us fighting over them!

There must be someone else who wants to come along? I'm sure lugging BDA's rubbish is not compulsory! (Lets face it, Derek wouldn't be going if it was!!)

psbarham
22-04-2005, 10:25 PM
sorry i'm not gonna be able to make it , lost 2 days this week because of the weather so i've got some catching up to do :embarasse

bernmc
22-04-2005, 10:42 PM
There must be someone else who wants to come along?

/wave :sad3: :sad3: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Kieran
22-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Vicky has completed a batch of chocolate brownies! The smell is fantastic!

FEED ME!!! :evil2: :evil2:

Big Ian
23-04-2005, 12:23 AM
:embarasse i'd loved to have joined in and help'd...cant you all move closer to Scotland?... :inquisiti ..well at-least closer to the border? :rolleyes4

Kieran
23-04-2005, 08:01 AM
YAWN!!! :zzz: :zzz:

This time should not exist on a Saturday!! :embarasse :inquisiti :inquisiti :rolleyes4

I'll be there shortly! /yes I'll stick the cruise control on and sleep in the back of the car on the way!! :dizzy2: :stars: :zzz:

Nick Mann
23-04-2005, 09:23 AM
charge

SGHOM
23-04-2005, 10:37 PM
I wish we had before & after pics, but in Daves garage ...... you can now find things, & eat your dinner off the floor !! /yes well......sort of !! :embarasse :embarasse [ how often do you see Kieran hoovering concrete to the sound of queen's 'I want to break free' !! ] :thumbsup: :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4
the job was done in no time, from a 1/3rd full skip, to an overflowing one, in around 5 hours.
after that, we had a bit of a barbie, & set about my brakes. :rolleyes4

SGHOM
23-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Kieran, let loose with a club hammer, removing my rear back plate !! :embarasse :embarasse
easy tiger !! :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

The Vee
23-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Can't believe it, a car in there!!! Last time I saw it , Stuff was piled as high as the car. BTW is that another BDA project in the corner, looks suspiciously like a V6 powered pushbike /help :thumbsup:

enigma
24-04-2005, 08:09 AM
What a great day, thanks to those that came along, we have a very productive day!

Its a real shame I haven't got any before pics either, but try looking at this and imagining the entire contents of the skip and the stuff on the drive all just thrown back in the garage........this will give you a bit of an idea how tidy it was!

enigma
24-04-2005, 08:13 AM
With the garage empty we set about a bit of a spring clean, as well as the big stuff the floor was covered with nuts and bolts, discarded used tools (blades and drill bits), empty wrappers, leaves and dust like you wouldn't believe! Kieran took charge of the hoover (I must say he quite enjoyed it) and set about providing a surface to eat you lunch off! The rest of us rallied round and tried to keep out of his way!

enigma
24-04-2005, 08:17 AM
With the garage empty and a nice clean floor, everything was categorised and carefully store in an ordered fashion back in the garage.

Hand tools are on the right in the racking, Car parts are in the back left corner, saleable items are at the front right of the garage, etc etc!

Pride of place (briefly) was my old VR4 engine, smack bang in the middle :smug:

enigma
24-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Once we were done Kieran was keep to crack open the engine and see just what the damage was done.................

enigma
24-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Fortunately I caught him just in time with those very special words

GRUB UP

SGHOM
24-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Cool pics Dave !! :thumbsup:
whilst we were hanging around watching Kieran sweep up, the conversation got to stickers. As you know, Dave & me are partial to the odd sticker on our cars, :rolleyes4
some other members have the likes of, "apexi, ferodo, blitz etc" adorned on their cars. Kieran wants ' MMCS' along the side of his !! WTF !! /grr /yes /yes /help

enigma
24-04-2005, 08:21 AM
We never did get round to looking inside the engine, as my garage quickly became full of Legnum as the team started stripping Dereks car to fit his shiny new Brembos.................can anyone say problems? :embarasse

Derek left his car in the BDA garage overnight and we are going to attack it again today. Hopefully this time we will have the tools for the job and we wont end up destroying too many more items /help

enigma
24-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Oh and a pic from the demonstration of my big screen....................... :leer:

SGHOM
24-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Hopefully this time we will have the tools for the job and we wont end up destroying too many more items /help
for your information;
the 32mm nut on the end of the drive shaft, cannot be removed with an adjustable spanner !! :rolleyes4
please use a correct fitting socket ! /yes :embarasse :embarasse

psbarham
24-04-2005, 09:06 AM
for your information;
the 32mm nut on the end of the drive shaft, cannot be removed with an adjustable spanner !! :rolleyes4
please use a correct fitting socket ! /yes :embarasse :embarasse
have you got one? , if not i have and a BIGbar

enigma
24-04-2005, 09:08 AM
At 7pm we gave up, well ish! We are starting again this morning with fresh heads.......well some of us will be! :rolleyes4

Spirit
24-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Find anything along the lines of "OMG I forgot I had that !......." etc ?

Are the ladies on the big screen the new CVR4 stand models ???? :leer:

enigma
24-04-2005, 08:52 PM
The models are unavailable at this time.......sorry!

Anyway, back to the plot..............

We started to swap Dereks brakes at about 5:30 last night, after the grub and it turned out....well to be a bit of a pain of a job to be honest. Every which way we turned there were problems, lack of tools, bits not coming undone etc, so we disbanded and Rich took Derek home in the scary FTO, Nick and Vicky went home and Kieran and I set about debadging Dereks car as instructed. (Kieran stopped the night as Alex took over Kieran Corp Towers for the night)

So we duly stripped it bare and it looked, well Naked!

enigma
24-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Thats nothing 5 minutes with the vinyl cutter couldn't sort out though :evil2:

enigma
24-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Speaking of the vinyl cutter, it also came in useful for some decals for the Brembos, not sure how long they will last................but they is hot!

:thumbsup:

psbarham
24-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Thats nothing 5 minutes with the vinyl cutter couldn't sort out though :evil2:
thats just plain cruel , but bl00dy funny , i bet derek didn't thinks so , probably didn't even notice did he

enigma
24-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Now I am not saying its a pain in the ass, but for anyone with pre facelift cars that is thinking of fitting Brembos........THINK AGAIN! It has taken 4-5 of us the best part of 18 hours to fit them to Dereks car......granted we had a few 'issues', but it was a big ball ache! Anyone ever tried getting the speed sensors out of the hubs? IMPOSSIBLE!

Anyway, I will let Derek tell you all about it, but here are some snaps. Unusually Derek can be seen working!

enigma
24-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Some more of Derek working, and the front set up

enigma
24-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Its also worth checking the offset of your wheels as we were crapping ourselves for several minutes at lunchtime today thinking we were going to have major problems, turned out to be a false alarm though

we had nanometers to spare :rolleyes4

enigma
24-04-2005, 09:02 PM
All in all its been a cracking weekend, I am shattered now though! Thanks to Nick and Vicky, Rich, and Kieran...........Derek if you ever want help again, just call :thumbsup:

And the best bit? I now have a garage I can get a car in.....and whats more it can be worked on!

SGHOM
24-04-2005, 09:47 PM
probably didn't even notice did he
:embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

I did wonder why they were giggling at me ?? :embarasse

bernmc
24-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Dave (apart from the fact that you are still all barstewards) did you manage to have a look at those brembos with the old hubs? Is there really no way to make an adaptor?

I'm cussing even more that I couldn't make it :|:|

KiwiTT
24-04-2005, 10:21 PM
It's now real a car workshop. "BDA Fabrications"

zentac
24-04-2005, 10:46 PM
great weekend, thank the missus for the grub ;)

Oh and here are the results of the rolling road day that I missed !!!!

Chicko Subaru Impreza STi II 274bhp 250ft/lb
Exhaust, downpipe, decat, filter, AVCR boost control

Mystery shopper (name unknown!) Subaru STi V 314bhp 270ft/lb
Exhaust, filter, turbo, front mount, power fc.

Graham Stott Subaru Impreza STi V Wagon 285bhp 245ft/lb
Exhaust, decat, induction kit, standard boost

Chris Mitsubishi Evo FQ 400 402bhp 340ft/lb
Standard car!

Paul Hanson Ford Lightning pickup 419bhp 450ft/lb
Sports exhaust, standard 5.4l V8 supercharged

Ricky Yau Nissan 200SX S14 264bhp 225ft/lb
Exhaust, filter, decat, power FC, fuel pump, boost controller.

Bryan James BMW 5 series 310bhp 210ft/lb
Standard 3.4l V8

Jimmy Cooper Nissan 200Sx S14 211bhp 180ft/lb
Exhaust and filter, standard boost

Mystery shopper 2 (!) Honda Civic Type R 247bhp 185ft/lb
Supercharged, filter, exhaust, ecu, injectors.

Dave Subaru Impreza STi 311bhp 285ft/lb
Turbo, exhaust, power FC, front mount intercooler.

Steve Nissan 200SX S14 246bhp 220ft/lb
Exhaust, filter, boost controller, 1bar boost.

Kieran
24-04-2005, 11:12 PM
All in all its been a cracking weekend, I am shattered now though! Thanks to Nick and Vicky, Rich, and Kieran...........Derek if you ever want help again, just call :thumbsup:

And the best bit? I now have a garage I can get a car in.....and whats more it can be worked on!

Glad to help, and sorry I had to clear off early today! Anyone would think that next weekend is dead important, or something!! :embarasse :embarasse

I owe you one for letting me stay the night, particularly since Alex had kicked me out of KieranCorp Towers so she could hold a Hen party!! :evil2: :inquisiti

And the food was top banana too! :happy:

Kieran
24-04-2005, 11:16 PM
....some other members have the likes of, "apexi, ferodo, blitz etc" adorned on their cars. Kieran wants ' MMCS' along the side of his !! WTF !! /grr /yes /yes /help

...What's wrong with that?!?! :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

ritch_w
25-04-2005, 08:34 AM
looks you all had a laugh :thumbsup:

i wish my garage looked like yours dave...... mines fully of baby stuff, kids stuff and general crap that always reappears after a clearout! :rolleyes4

Brunty
25-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Looks like a good time was had by all.

i wish my garage looked like yours dave......

I wish I had a garage:sad3: