PDA

View Full Version : 94 vr4 suspension

adbramsay
18-04-2005, 02:40 AM
hey guys,
i am in dire need of some help. does anyone know if the suspension in the u.s. galants is the same as the japanese vr4 models? i live in the bahamas and i only have access to u.s. parts.

KiwiTT
18-04-2005, 02:48 AM
I believe the 1992-1995 Japanese Galants VR-4's had 4WS. This may impact your suspension options. If the 4WS is unaffected, you should apply the 3rd party upgrades for the US versions (1994-1997).

Kieran
18-04-2005, 07:10 AM
hey guys,
i am in dire need of some help. does anyone know if the suspension in the u.s. galants is the same as the japanese vr4 models? i live in the bahamas and i only have access to u.s. parts.

The 8th Generation (1996-2003 for UK/Japan and 1999-2003 for the US) are different. The rears are interchangeable I think, but the US market galants use a different front strut assembly to the Euro/JDM versions. Not sure about the 7G, but I would suspect, seeing as the suspension was ported over to the 8G and 'tweaked' rather than a new design being used, that the 7G will be different too.

adbramsay
19-04-2005, 01:22 AM
hey thanx guys. yeah it does have 4ws but i disabled the 4ws it makes it very hard to feel the back end of breaking away. if anyone else knows about this please help.

to4garret
21-04-2005, 06:26 AM
Here is what i know,

1996 Legnum Teins do fit into E84A's (JDM VR4) soo i think this is how it works JDM Legnum fits JDM VR4

I am currently using KYB factory replacements, they maybe uprated, but not sure, combined with Super low king springs. all brought from NZ

problem with king springs is there was actually two types for the E84, one set for the 4cyl and another set for t 6cyl. Of course the last owner of my car who put the springs in got the wrong ones. so it is real stiff at the rear and way too soft at the front :(

adbramsay
21-04-2005, 10:12 PM
doing some research on my end, but it appears that the jdm vr4's have the same suspension setup as the 2g eclipses. it is only at first glance, however. i am going to take out my suspension and measure it all up using a micrometer, whilst comparing it to the 2g eclpises. if it is the same suspension parts will be cheap and easy to find for all. thanx for all the help guys.

p.s. - t04garret, can you send me some pics of your engine bay and the part numbers of your tein suspension. thanx again for all the help.

michaeli
24-04-2005, 08:33 AM
looks like you're sorted...

But just to add that the 7G VR4 have the same bits as the V6 galants of the same age, so suspension should be the same, however, with it being 4WD it may differ slightly... :scholar:

How much use was that??? :inquisiti

I'll get mi coat.... /yes

Mike :rolleyes4

to4garret
24-04-2005, 10:30 AM
pic's are on my profiles homepage.

i helped a mate install the Teins into his E84 so im not sure on the part numbers sorry :(

adbramsay
04-05-2005, 11:01 PM
hey guys, i made a few calls and found out that the us spec galants had the same suspension as the japanese. so the parts are fine to interchange
thanx for all the help though.