PDA

View Full Version : Wot's this switch for then?

bernmc
18-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Somewhere between me buying my translated VR4 service manual and actually getting the car, the missus has had a cleaning frenzy, and now I can't find the darn thing!

Also the boy has run off with my camera to take pics of his dodgy plumbing for his apprenticeship coursework, so I can't post a pic...

In the switch cluster to the right below the steering wheel, the TCL switch is in the middle. I have the rear fog to the right of this. What's the switch to the left of the TCL for then? Looks like the kind of pic that rear washer/wiper normally has, but these controls are on the left column stalk, and the rear screen heater operates from the climate control...?

Also, are those beady little eyes on the front supposed to be driving lights or fogs eh?

SGHOM
18-04-2005, 09:55 AM
It's your heated front screen Bern !! just the bottom bit to stop the wipers from freezing.
As for the bumper lights, get some philips blue ultra lamps in 'em, that goes for the side lights & dip also. 50% brighter than the standard set up. :thumbsup:

bernmc
18-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Ta Derek! Luxury!

I'll have a scrabble around the lights to find out the fittings when I have a mo.

SGHOM
18-04-2005, 10:13 AM
It's an old pic I know, but you mean no; 3 dont you ?

bernmc
18-04-2005, 10:31 AM
It's an old pic I know, but you mean no; 3 dont you ?
yup - that's the one.

psbarham
18-04-2005, 10:33 AM
thats where my cruise control switch is