PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys have that i might need?!

Simon
01-08-2003, 06:10 PM
ive a relative in NZ coming to the UK next month. Is there anything i could ask her to bring over for me? any suggestions? i would like a carbon fibre bonnet but i dont think that counts as hand luggage!:INSERT INTO post VALUES ( im assuming prices over there are cheaper than here in "rip off Britain". We always send her back with loads of "Marmite" an odd tasting spread thing made of yeist...ive described that badly:rolleyes: Seems in short supply over there.....may be i should start importing:D

BraindG
01-08-2003, 06:14 PM
that Promar stuff Si... :)

Brind
01-08-2003, 07:11 PM
I'd like a Kangaroo!

Spirit
01-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Jonah Lumu - to kick the crap out of someone for me :D

Do you get Kangaroo's in NZ ? Daft question but not sure

On a more serious note though how much would a Mitsy ECU be from there - can they find out ?

Brind
01-08-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by spirit979
Jonah Lumu - to kick the crap out of someone for me :D

Do you get Kangaroo's in NZ ? Daft question but not sure

On a more serious note though how much would a Mitsy ECU be from there - can they find out ?

You must be really odd to start talking about Kangaroos? :o :o lol :D
I'm sure they would have.. it's pretty much Australia isn't it? so pretty much in hopping distance I guess.:D
If not then I really didn't listen in Geography class.:)

Pescha
02-08-2003, 05:42 AM
LOOK MATE!!!!! :nono: There are NO! I mean no kangaroo's in New Zealand. The only thing Australian we have are the 'human' Australians :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( So please oh please get your facts straight! :p

I think I will have to educate you UK people about NZ! :rolleyes:

Lol, i admire you guys trying though lol....:thumb:

Cheers,
Pescha!

P.S the ECU would cost approximatley $500.00NZ INSERT INTO post VALUES (GB 181.00)
But that depends on where you go! :)

Simon
02-08-2003, 07:51 AM
HOW MUCH DO POSSUM'S RETAIL AT? Can you get a car seat cover in possum's skin?!?. that would keep my vegetarian wife happy!:D ;)

Pescha
02-08-2003, 08:04 AM
If interested in possum click here (http://www.furtrading.co.nz/ShopOnline.htm)

See us kiwi's sell everything!

HEHE, cheers,
Pescha!

Simon
02-08-2003, 08:30 AM
i was originally joking!.......but after looking at that website!!!!!....you never know;)

Brind
02-08-2003, 04:55 PM
Okay then a koala! you must have koalas? how about one of them cooked hats? damn they're cool! :cool:

Pescha
02-08-2003, 11:01 PM
BL00DY SMART A$$....:nono: We don't have Koala's either!

LOL:p

Pescha!

Spirit
02-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Pescha
BL00DY SMART A$$....:nono: We don't have Koala's either!

I can feel a fight coming on :D

Brind
03-08-2003, 01:35 AM
*Stamps feet* But I want a koala! :mad: *stamps feet*

:D

Pescha
03-08-2003, 01:59 AM
Ok OK don't get ya tits in a tangle!

Here's ya Koala, notice the knife lol....

Cheers,
Pescha :thumb:

Brind
03-08-2003, 02:01 AM
Ok fine.. but I hope you don't think I've forgotten about the Kangaroo! ;) :D

Spirit
03-08-2003, 07:10 AM
Hey just chill guys :D :D :D

Brind
03-08-2003, 01:00 PM
:D :D

Ultra VR-4
04-08-2003, 12:35 AM
few things u might want from nz:

a kiwi INSERT INTO post VALUES (indigenous to NZ)
a cow INSERT INTO post VALUES (fresh beef)
mallowpuffs INSERT INTO post VALUES (chocolate marshmallow biscuit) *this is a must
L&P INSERT INTO post VALUES (lemon & paeroa)
6 pack of speights INSERT INTO post VALUES (beer) *pride of the south since 1901
pair of sheep skin seat covers.

AntonyBaker
04-08-2003, 08:42 AM
Duck Billed Plattypie ?

Pescha
05-08-2003, 07:01 AM
What about a 'Pavlova' hehe

Pescha!

FTOLTD
05-08-2003, 07:13 PM
Jesus Mate

You gotta get your self a sheep some gum boots as well, then you can really feel like a kiwi.

Kiwi, sheep & dog

A New Zealander, a sheep and a dog were survivors of a terrible shipwreck.

They found themselves stranded on a desert island and after being there for a while they got into the habit of going to the beach every evening to watch the sun go down.

One particular evening, the sky was red with beautiful cirrus clouds, the breeze was warm and gentle; a perfect night for romance. As they sat there, the sheep started looking better and better to the Kiwi.

Soon, he leaned over to the sheep and put his arm around it.

But the dog got jealous, growling fiercely until the Kiwi took his arm from around the sheep.

After that, the three of them continued to enjoy the sunsets together, but there was no more cuddling.

A few weeks passed by and lo, and behold, there was another shipwreck.

The only survivor was a beautiful young woman, the most beautiful woman the Kiwi had ever seen.

She was in a pretty bad way when they rescued her, and they slowly nursed her back to health.

When the young maiden was well enough, they introduced her to their evening beach ritual.

It was another beautiful evening: red cirrus clouds, a warm and gentle breeze; perfect for a night of romance.

Pretty soon the New Zealander started to get 'those feelings' again. He fought them as long as he could, but he finally gave in and leaned over to the young woman, cautiously, and whispered in her ear...

'Would you mind taking the dog for a walk?'

here is a few good ones

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~mitsi/joke.htm

Brind
05-08-2003, 07:29 PM
LOL!

We have similer jokes about the Welsh, they are renowned for liking the Sheep a liitle more than the average person.
Similer thing with the Scotish, there is a plain and simple reason why they wear kilts.. the sheep can't hear them coming with the sound of a zip. ;)

Apoliges to all concerned.. ;) :D

Spirit
06-08-2003, 06:34 AM
ROFL :D :D :D

Japmetal
09-08-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Brind
Apoliges to all concerned.. ;) :D

I actually keep a sheep in my deep-freeze for these occasions - Then I can take it out & batter such amusing souls as yourself until you change your mind :p

jtfleming
09-08-2003, 09:08 PM
I have a bit of a chuckle when I hear the rest of the world thinks NZ is backward. We have some of the cheapest cars in the world. Maybe a few of you should travel further than Calais or Ibiza and see there is life past your foggy shores :Cry1: :Cry1:

SGHOM
09-08-2003, 09:51 PM
I agree with that !!:) went to New Zealand a couple of years ago, & it was shut !!:D :D ............ only jesting !!

hobbit
16-08-2003, 02:57 AM
Well we don't have Kangaroos but we do have Wallabies down in the middle of the south island.:boing1: INSERT INTO post VALUES (smaller verision of the kangaroo)

Got them in parks and zoos

http://www.waimate.org.nz/parksreserves/victoria_park.html

but they also run wild around Waimate.

Emma
09-09-2003, 06:30 AM
It's funny seeing what all you guys in the UK think of NZ coz I moved from the UK to NZ when I was almost 10 and I was convinced that we would be living in a tin house and that everyone had pet sheep.

tunes
09-09-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by FTOLTD
Jesus Mate

You gotta get your self a sheep some gum boots as well, then you can really feel like a kiwi.

Yet aussie has far more sheep than NZ and was colonized by convicts? Where shall i start... :D

Atleast most people in the UK have heard of NZ and know roughly where it is. Ask an American where is is and they think it's a small part of Texas or somewhere in Europe!

Calling a Kiwi an Aussie INSERT INTO post VALUES (or vice versa) is the equivelant of calling a Pom a Scot INSERT INTO post VALUES (or vice versa again)!

Nick VR4
09-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Yeah
I got pretty naffed off when I was traveling a lot to the USA
And was asked loads of times

'What part of Australia are you from' derrrr

I use to say rather loudly I'm from the UK just outside London not Australia

AND then they would say 'Oh do you know so and so ' they live near London :nono:
Same yanks have no idea :confused:

Brind
09-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Nick VR4
Yeah
I got pretty naffed off when I was traveling a lot to the USA
And was asked loads of times

'What part of Australia are you from' derrrr

I use to say rather loudly I'm from the UK just outside London not Australia

AND then they would say 'Oh do you know so and so ' they live near London :nono:
Same yanks have no idea :confused:

Sounds very familier!
I have a few relatives in America, luckily they spawned from here :D but even they have been indoctrinated with stupidity after all this time.
If it wasn't for their news they would believe America is the only country on this planet, I expect many do actually believe that.
Also been accused of being an Ausie.. I can see why they get mistaken though, have you heard how they believe we speak? Imagine where they must think Geordies, Scousers, Worsels etc come from! :D
I've only got to drive a few miles down the road and the accent changes.

I think the best thing about the Ausies is their humour!! they can crack me up with just saying something.. the humour is quite similer to ours too and UK humour I think is the best in the world!!!