PDA

View Full Version : Avon Zv3

enigma
19-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Having finally got my car in for the lower ball joint recall today I got a call at lunchtime from the dealer.

Hello Mr Akers, we have your car in at the moment, we picked it up from your place of work this morning

Yes thats right

Well we have it up on the ramps and 2 of your tyres are fcuked

OK, not a real suprise

Well we wont be able to deliver it back to your place of work unless we fix them as our technicians have said the car is dangerous

OK

So we can fit the tyres for you sir, they are £135 each plus VAT plus fitting

hmmmmm, let me think on it, OK FCUK right off!

OK sir we will come and pick you up at yur place of work and recommend that you replace your tyres at your earliest convenience.

Sure, whatever!

So I get to the dealer, go to the tyre place next door and pick up 4 AVON ZV3 tyres for £320 inclusive, fitted, the lot!

mytyres lists them at £82 a pop, so I got a result. Too early to tell what they are like as they are still a bit slippy! Look nice though ;)

By the way they sealed my joints rather than replaced them :(

Nick Mann
19-04-2005, 07:35 PM
That is a very good price for ZV3. The only people I have spoken to about them rate the highly. Good grip in FWD cars, apparently.

Let us know!

Sealing the joints means they aren't worn? So that's not bad either?

enigma
19-04-2005, 09:26 PM
I am hoping they are good! I went in to the tyre place and said I want 4 tyres, chappy rummaged around and said I have these to which I said

enigma
19-04-2005, 09:27 PM
The fitter sucked his teeth and said, they will be expensive.....to which I said

enigma
19-04-2005, 09:28 PM
But at £80 a corner with valve and balance I thought it was a bit of a bobby bargain!

wirdy
20-04-2005, 12:59 AM
That's a good price Dave - paid £100 per corner for ZZ3's a year ago.

WildCards
20-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Had them on the Scenic after i'd upgraded my wheels. Very good, loadsa of grip, but i only got 6000 miles out of them, in a year i'd had two pairs of fronts and then decided to call it quits. Not really worth it on a bus, all be it a quick one.

Sulli
20-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Mine were sealed too. Means there is no play in them, and the sealant stops them from leaking, which was the fault I think subject to the recall.

Apparently they should put a yellow spot of paint on the top hinge for your drivers door to say it's been done - keep meaning to check mine.

By the way, love the 'Yeah i know' pics - classic mate :thumbsup: