PDA

View Full Version : Hks Blow off valve enquiry

Andre
20-04-2005, 03:12 AM
Does any of you all hks blow off valves flutter? i fitted and hks blowoff valve and i am running 15psi and i can't seam to get the BOV to flutter but it sound real sweet Does anyone have any pionters on what to do ?

TTV6VR4
21-04-2005, 01:06 AM
Its hard to explain but it just happens. It kind of happens when you dont boost as hard, maybe try changing gear as soon as it comes on to boost other wise i dont know as i said it just happens.

Kenneth
21-04-2005, 03:02 AM
I have often wondered if it is actually compressor surge which is happening when you havent enough boost to open the BOV. In effect at this point you might as well not have a BOV.

If that theory is correct, then there are a fair few out there thinking they got a cool sounding BOV when effect its not actually working.

Other possibility is that the BOV piston is bouncing.

I know that my car gets the flutter, but I don't run with a BOV.

to4garret
21-04-2005, 06:19 AM
the HKS super seq does make a fluttering noise. For some reason people seem to like that :inquisiti thats all i know ;)

Geordie Iain
21-04-2005, 09:44 AM
That flutter noise is turbo stall. There has not been enough boost for the dump valve to do its job so the boost pressure that has built up is forced back past the turbo blades causing it to stall slighty and that makes the flutter noise.

Roberto
22-04-2005, 09:36 PM
If its the one I'm thinking of, the SSQ???

I had on fitted to the MR2 at it did not flutter it banged :evil2:

It is fully adjustable for the boost the car is running, Adjustment is made by the nut and bolt set-up at the back of the dump valve.

Try either changing the setting yourself or get someone in the know to do it for you.

Lets know how you get on because I want to fit one of these aswell, but do not want a flutter :embarasse I want some serious :drummer: