PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure regulator

triplexke
20-04-2005, 05:50 PM
hey, i've been talking to my mechanic about get some more hp's out of the v6, and he told me about a fuel pressure regulator, providing more pressure to the fuel. Now, have any of you had any experience with this? He told me it would gain 8% power, being about 14 hp's, at the price of 180 euro (about 120-130 bp)... I also wonder if the fuel-hoses should be replaced by bigger one's, etc.... Hope someone can hêlp me out!

Greetz, Trip

Big Ian
20-04-2005, 09:15 PM
we call them "Boost valves" in the UK..i have looked into these and ..well not all good new's
yes they can give more BHP but i dont think they give you better top end speed?
also ive heard and read that they can over fuel and help burn out valves?
they are meant to work well if you have your ECU re-mapped or chipped,but fitting to a standard engine/ECU then they dont work any better than most standard pressure regulator?

ive also been told that if i sit a socket on top of my standard regulator and give it a "whack" with a hammer!!..that this can also add more pressure within the regulator housing? :rolleyes4 (i'm not brave enough to try :embarasse )

triplexke
20-04-2005, 09:21 PM
if you try, let me know the result :d just been on the phone with the guy who proposed it, and he said himself it wasn't the best option. He checked with a mate of his, and he said it was money wasted. Instead he proposed doing something to the temperature-sensor thing, making it think it is always below freezingpoint. That way the electronic managment would do something to the fuelsuply and all that kind of things... Are going to look deeper into that matter, but for the moment, the boost valve-plan has been postponed...

Thanks for the reply Ian!

Nick Mann
20-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Instead he proposed doing something to the temperature-sensor thing, making it think it is always below freezingpoint.

This is basically a resistor over the air temperature sensor for the incoming air to the engine. The ECU thinks that because it is cold there will be more air, so pumps in more fuel.

This is another way to end up running more rich. Possibly see some gains, but is running rich all the time worth it?

triplexke
20-04-2005, 09:34 PM
that's why we considered the boost valve, we were going to try and make something so we could easily change the pressure (not always running rich all the time)... But guess we'll have to do some more thinking about it all... Maybe i'll just save up for a compressor or turbo, and get it all over with :rolleyes4

Nick Mann
20-04-2005, 09:45 PM
I believe it is possible to get a resistor with a 'volume control', so you can play from the drivers seat.

Still not sure I would want to deliberately run with the wrong mixture.

Big Ian
20-04-2005, 10:04 PM
I believe it is possible to get a resistor with a 'volume control', so you can play from the drivers seat.

Still not sure I would want to deliberately run with the wrong mixture.

:rolleyes4 that'll be one of these thingy's then?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72205&item=7969246306&rd=1