PDA

View Full Version : Non dealer service

SGHOM
22-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Just picked my car up from my man !! :thumbsup:
full service, including changing all the fluids, engine oil & filter,[ & flush ] diff, transfer box etc.................. even flushed the rad & refilled !!
all brakes stripped, cleaned & refitted.
he didn't do the AYC, as he said it looked clean & in good nick ?? but I still want it doing next week when my driveshaft gaitor should be here.
He had the car two days, I supplied the AYC fluid, he supplied everything else including Mobil 1 fully synthetic, & the bill ??

£100 !! /yes /yes :thumbsup:

pezza
22-04-2005, 05:54 PM
superb.... superb.... is there a catch? :inquisiti

Pity its not local to harrow :)

howzit driving now?

SGHOM
22-04-2005, 06:02 PM
superb.... superb.... is there a catch? :inquisiti

Pity its not local to harrow :)

howzit driving now?
A catch ?? err......................nope !!

John is an old man, he's been servicing cars for hundreds of years :rolleyes4 , he just takes his time & does everything thoroughly & methodically.
he's no VR4 expert, in fact mine the only one he's seen, but as he says, a car is a car, an engine is an engine etc.
he also tightened up my PAS belt to stop it squeeking ! [ still squeeks a bit though,] but who am I to complain at that price ?? /yes :thumbsup:

paulmc
22-04-2005, 06:49 PM
thats prob why he never did the ayc, have you ever tried it :embarasse not the easiest thing to get at :rolleyes4

sounds a good lad to know all the same :thumbsup:

SGHOM
22-04-2005, 07:04 PM
thats prob why he never did the ayc, have you ever tried it :embarasse not the easiest thing to get at :rolleyes4

sounds a good lad to know all the same :thumbsup:
he didn't do the AYC because he wanted to ask me 1st if I wanted it doing, seeing as it looked ok.
also, he said it looks like a two man job, & it was his mate Brians day off !

AND !!! he thanks Wirdy for the comprehensive write up ! :thumbsup:

bernmc
22-04-2005, 08:17 PM
That's an unbelievable bargain. Must have plied him with your homebrew!

Would be nice to have him do my interim services, but I couldn't be without the car fro a couple of days, and 84 miles is a long way to walk home!

paulmc
22-04-2005, 09:10 PM
seeing as it looked ok.

But you can't see it unless you drain it :inquisiti