PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox woes

jbmitchell
22-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Not really problems, just annoyances! I bought my car just over 2 weeks ago (woo! hoo!) and immediately put it in the garage for a new gearbox (doh!) ... and there it has sat for the last two weeks. And there it will continue to sit for the next week. I should (note, should!) get it back next thursday evening. This should be cause for a large woo! hoo! but I am off to Dublin for the weekend, followed by a trip to Falkirk for 3 days and then a drive in a hire car via four of our depots back to Kent. This means I wont get to drive my car until almost exactly a month after I first got it! I just want to drive my car, is that so difficult?

Even worse than all this is that if I don't pick my car up next Thursday then my girlfriend will and she will drive it before me!

Thanks for listening, just wanted to get it all of my chest

The Vee
22-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Why a gearbox so soon? is it a manual or auto

Kieran
22-04-2005, 07:08 PM
I think the Manual V6-24 box is a bit of a weak point.... They don't like heavy use it seems.... Nick/Paul Beazer has had trouble, Mine is about conked out, I knew someone at work who had to have their's rebuilt too (though don't know why)... :inquisiti

jbmitchell
22-04-2005, 08:46 PM
I bought the car at auction and it needed a new one (it made a sound like a tumble drier full of stones!)

Kieran
22-04-2005, 10:15 PM
I bought the car at auction and it needed a new one (it made a sound like a tumble drier full of stones!)

Oh, you mean a bit like my......................................... :inquisiti :embarasse

Nothing to see here - Move along please!!! /help /help

Jimbo
22-04-2005, 11:45 PM
I think the Manual V6-24 box is a bit of a weak point.... They don't like heavy use it seems.... Nick/Paul Beazer has had trouble, Mine is about conked out, I knew someone at work who had to have their's rebuilt too (though don't know why)... :inquisiti

I didn't realise people were getting issues.....what sort of problems?

I'm contemplating another V6-24 myself to replace the Mundaneo, because after 4 years and 70000 miles in my old one with only a power steering fluid leak and a couple of bulbs, I'd consider the car to be near bomb proof :thumbsup:

We're not talking about that 1st-2nd clunk are we? That's not a fault ;) It's just a quirk :thumbsup:

psbarham
22-04-2005, 11:47 PM
I didn't realise people were getting issues.....what sort of problems?

I'm contemplating another V6-24 myself to replace the Mundaneo, because after 4 years and 70000 miles in my old one with only a power steering fluid leak and a couple of bulbs, I'd consider the car to be near bomb proof :thumbsup:

We're not talking about that 1st-2nd clunk are we? That's not a fault ;) It's just a quirk :thumbsup:
mines done 131000 and not a problem so it must be these rough drivers

Paul Beazer
23-04-2005, 05:08 PM
mines done 131000 and not a problem so it must be these rough drivers
I blame the previous owner, eh Nick Mann!! :happy:

Nick Mann
23-04-2005, 10:15 PM
:embarasse

But I haven't driven jbmitchells car!

Paul Beazer
25-04-2005, 05:05 PM
:embarasse

But I haven't driven jbmitchells car!
Asleep are we??
The car I brought off you, duh!!

jbmitchell
25-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Hey! You did this to my car? /yes

Nick Mann
25-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Asleep are we??
The car I brought off you, duh!!

:smug:

I may have needed a 'tongue in cheek' smilie then!!

jbmitchell - I most certainly hope not!! It would be nice to have superhuman powers, but alas......
Hope you get to enjoy it as it should be!