View Full Version : Scottish West Coast mini meet

ritch_w
25-04-2005, 11:26 PM
anyone up for a mini meet? somewhere on the west coast? /yes

Big Ian
26-04-2005, 08:59 AM
anyone up for a mini meet? somewhere on the west coast? /yes

:thumbsup: you know i'm up for a meet /yes

what about :inquisiti meet at beith and take the back road to larg's for an ice cream?

ritch_w
26-04-2005, 11:24 AM
:thumbsup: you know i'm up for a meet /yes

what about :inquisiti meet at beith and take the back road to larg's for an ice cream?

sounds good to me! :thumbsup:

ok - lets get some names and then we can fix a date?

1. ritch
2. ian

Roadrunner
26-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Could do, depending on the date :)

Big Ian
26-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Could do, depending on the date :)

i'll be away down south from 20-22nd May..... :inquisiti cant remember why! :rolleyes4

Axeboy
26-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Im in Beith so Im sure ill have time... :p

Im away in the middle of may, but anytime is fine really... even sooner?

strangebat
26-04-2005, 11:14 PM
:thumbsup: I'm up for it too

ritch_w
12-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Ok time to reserect this!
looks like we have
me
Ian
Yan
Brian
Axeboy (Scott?)
(all depending on date)

any more? craig, louis, DJ??

lets try and get a date - prob easiest to find out which dates dont suit?

ok - 20 - 22nd May Japfest (Ian), me - 14 & 21st may (footie) 4-18th June (working in US)

howsaboot the last week in May? (sat 28th or sun 29th?)
:thumbsup:

Big Ian
12-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Ok time to reserect this!
looks like we have
me
Ian
Yan
Brian
Axeboy (Scott?)
(all depending on date)

any more? craig, louis, DJ??

lets try and get a date - prob easiest to find out which dates dont suit?

ok - 20 - 22nd May Japfest (Ian), me - 14 & 21st may (footie) 4-18th June (working in US)

howsaboot the last week in May? (sat 28th or sun 29th?)

:embarasse 28th: scottish cup final

Axeboy
12-05-2005, 03:37 PM
29th is fine for me....

Roadrunner
13-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Can't do 29th, I'll be in Stonehaven that day. Currently free 4th/5th and 11th/12th June.

ritch_w
31-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Currently free 4th/5th and 11th/12th June.
I'm in the U.S. of A. then..... :embarasse

howsaboot the following dates?:

Sun 26th june
Sun 3rd July
Sun 10th july

DUNLY
31-05-2005, 04:00 PM
A meet sounds good, whenever yous guys decide, i'll be there!

Roadrunner
31-05-2005, 04:12 PM
howsaboot the following dates?:

Sun 26th june
Sun 3rd July
Sun 10th july

Unfortunately, I'm in Italy from 23rd June till 10th July. :embarasse It's no' easy getting everyone together on the same day :sad3:

Big Ian
31-05-2005, 04:21 PM
26th june should be fine for me, 3rd july is my annual gotta go to classic car show at Bridge O Allan...met up with Yan last year for it :happy: ...alway's quite a good turnout for this show,.....if you like your classic motor's, it's worth a look /yes and the price's of item's for sale on the stall's/auto jumble were good too /yes .ive not missed this show in over 12yrs :thumbsup:

ritch_w
31-05-2005, 05:08 PM
26th june should be fine for me, 3rd july is my annual gotta go to classic car show at Bridge O Allan...met up with Yan last year for it :happy: ...alway's quite a good turnout for this show,.....if you like your classic motor's, it's worth a look /yes and the price's of item's for sale on the stall's/auto jumble were good too /yes .ive not missed this show in over 12yrs :thumbsup:

ok howsabout this then *jangle jangle, jewellry jewellry* boys and girls (is there a jimmy saville smiley??? i thought not - i'll get me coat)

26th june - mini meet somewhere local ish (west coast - i think Ian suggested a wee blast to largs?)

3rd July - convoy to the classic show at Bridge of Allan

Aug 7th (i think) - another mini meet at the classic car show at Eglinton Park (Kilwinning) and a blast about some of ayrshires finest backroads?

Roadrunner
31-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Aug 7th (i think) - another mini meet at the classic car show at Eglinton Park (Kilwinning) and a blast about some of ayrshires finest backroads?
Unbelievable! I can't do Aug 7th either! Destined not to (mini) meet, me ... :sad3:

Big Ian
07-06-2005, 08:52 PM
anyone fancy a wee carpark meet this sunday?...hillington area? (or where ever)

ritch_w
08-06-2005, 03:32 AM
anyone fancy a wee carpark meet this sunday?...hillington area? (or where ever)

i'm still in the states - wont be back until sat 18th the week after (26th???) would be do-able tho

DUNLY
08-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Hows Crail on the 26th June, fast car day and run the cars on the 1/4??

i know ian u may be on holiday!

Big Ian
08-06-2005, 05:50 PM
lookin like i'll still be here :embarasse , gotta wait till next month now for a holiday /yes

so i'll see what i can do for the 26th ?

DUNLY
20-06-2005, 10:14 PM
any1 going to crail on sunday then???

Big Ian
26-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Ritch anymore on this:

my event that is alway's, alway's every year for the past 11 yrs held on the first sunday of july..... :inquisiti was held 3 week's early! :embarasse

i'm not so bothered about the blast about some back road's.....just a meet ( :leer: looking at some custom car's :leer: ) a coffee N burger and a chat would be fine :smug:

Shi2.................Bhaaa :inquisiti we may be out the country then?? :embarasse

ritch_w
26-06-2005, 11:27 AM
i may be on hols then as wel - have 2 weeks off - but booked anything yet.

if i'm in scotland will deffo go

Big Ian
26-06-2005, 11:59 AM
we nearly had a holiday booked, till we found out the travel agent never added it up proper /Hmmm ??

:joker: "still lookin"

Ritch if you here more about this event can you post it up?

ritch_w
26-06-2005, 12:15 PM
here the e-mail i recieved;
Hi Rich

We are holding several car events this year at Eglinton.
Here is the list :-

Sunday 5th June Morris Minor (Scotish Branch) Rally

Fri.24th to Sunday 26th June Alba West Bikers Rally

Sunday 24th July Ayrshire Vintage Tractor and Machinery Club Rally
(This is probably the one you want )

Sunday 7th August East Ayrshire Classic Car Show (Formerly Culzean Classic Car Show )

Sunday 21st August Kyle Custom Club Car Rally

Hope this info is of use.

George Clark
Country Parks Manager

Educational Services
Eglinton Country Park, Irvine, KA12 8TA
Tel: 01294 551776
Fax; 01294 556467

the classic car show is quite good loadsa yank stuff as well as the usual classic stuff - last year it was the day after the dumfries meet.

thats all the info i have

Big Ian
26-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Sunday 7th August East Ayrshire Classic Car Show (Formerly Culzean Classic Car Show )

Sunday 21st August Kyle Custom Club Car Rally

the classic car show is quite good loadsa yank stuff as well as the usual classic stuff - last year it was the day after the dumfries meet.

thats all the info i have

:thumbsup: 1 off these 2 .......Dumfries /Hmmm , ive been so caught up with japfest and house work (DIY) ...that i forgot ( :embarasse no time for much!)..... out off interest are any other Scottish (based) member's /Steeringw heading south for the "BIG ONE" when Derek & Dave go head to head for the quickest VR4???? WE'R GOING :thumbsup:

SGHOM
26-06-2005, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=scottish heading south for the "BIG ONE" when Derek & Dave go head to head for the quickest VR4???? WE'R GOING :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Derek & Dave & **** & ******& ***** :thumbsup: /Steeringw /help

Big Ian
01-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Ritch anymore on this:

my event that is alway's, alway's every year for the past 11 yrs held on the first sunday of july..... :inquisiti was held 3 week's early! :embarasse

just saw in the Auto trader.......it's on :smug: my "never miss classic show" is on :smug:
3rd July Bridge O Allan (Yan, this is the one you & your's went to too)

Big Ian
03-07-2005, 12:19 PM
just saw in the Auto trader.......it's on :smug: my "never miss classic show" is on :smug:
3rd July Bridge O Allan (Yan, this is the one you & your's went to too)

i'll be leaving in the next 15min's to go through to Bridge of Allan :happy: ..it's on till 5pm.......anyone else going?? /Hmmm
: junction 11 on the M9 then follow sign-post's, strathallan games park, Bridge of Allan
£3 entry, under 16's free.......auto jumble, over 200 classic car's pre war-hot hatches...etc..etc.

Big Ian
07-07-2005, 11:01 PM
who's available for a meet this sunday?......even just a car-park meet (catch up) somewhere!! it'be nice to meet Axeboy & Dunly along with the usual face's :thumbsup: .......any place between ........west Glasgow and ........ehh..??? beyond! /Hmmm even if anyone is going shopping Braehead..etc.....also there is a Cruise night in Glasgow mid July (not so much a cruise, more a big meet in a car park)

"C'mon Scottish member's we need to do somitt.......SOON!!" :drummer:

Axeboy
07-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Id be up for it, but its the golf on Sunday and i'll be drinking & eating on the speedboat hopefully...

/Steeringw

However, if i decide not to go, im well up for a meet up.

Big Ian
07-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Id be up for it, but its the golf on Sunday and i'll be drinking & eating on the speedboat hopefully...
/Steeringw

:inquisiti .......how do........??...... /Hmmm golf, speed boat!!...... how do these go together?

Loch Lomond?

Axeboy
07-07-2005, 11:38 PM
yup :thumbsup:

Not my boat mind... hehe

SGHOM
07-07-2005, 11:39 PM
come on you lot !! /pan this threads been ongoing since april, & you still aint sorted it out ?? /Hmmm /grr /Nuuu

ritch_w
08-07-2005, 08:57 AM
i should be ok for a meet up on sunday :thumbsup:

Big Ian
08-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Loch Lomond[/COLOR]?

My Home! :thumbsup: ........what area of the Loch will you be at? Balloch, Duck-Bay, Ballmaha, Rowerdenan (Drymen)

i was driving past the golf course yesterday "30mph"!! :inquisiti police every where whatch out for the camera van's and un-marked police car's, van's and bike's. my brother came to my house with one of the brand spankin new 5 Series estate car's that they use for moving VIP guest about in /Steeringw nice big car.....you'll see load's off them about this area, BARCLAYS right along the side of them. (he's 2nd head green keeper)

Big Ian
08-07-2005, 09:20 AM
come on you lot !! /pan this threads been ongoing since april, & you still aint sorted it out ?? /Hmmm /grr /Nuuu

/help so many life style's come's in to play (ive ad a busy year this year!)
/Hmmm, it will happen :thumbsup:

ritch_w
09-07-2005, 09:26 AM
anyone for a meet tomorrow???

Louis?
Shooter?
H7?
DJ?
Dan_g?
Paulmc?
Dunley?
Yoda?
anyone else in scotland???

DUNLY
09-07-2005, 09:39 AM
What time are yous thinking of, and where abouts exactly, as i am planning on getting slightly drunk tonight (Smashed). :thumbsup:

ritch_w
09-07-2005, 10:04 AM
nothin planned yet - need people 1st!! wont be too far!

so far then -

Me
Ian
Dunly

DUNLY
09-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Cool. im no promising as i might no be able to see. trust us to finally get a meet, and im being dragged out the night /help

but if i can still see the moro, and no under the influence i shall be there :thumbsup:

Big Ian
09-07-2005, 12:18 PM
OK then...... :inquisiti what about name's for meeting here: Sunday 7th August East Ayrshire Classic Car Show ?

also Scotland's biggest classic car show 28th August near Callander ( :thumbsup: i'm going with the family) great day out...if you like old motor's an stuff?

7th Aug
Ian :thumbsup:

ritch_w
09-07-2005, 01:08 PM
OK then...... :inquisiti what about name's for meeting here: Sunday 7th August East Ayrshire Classic Car Show ?

also Scotland's biggest classic car show 28th August near Callander ( :thumbsup: i'm going with the family) great day out...if you like old motor's an stuff?

7th Aug
Ian :thumbsup:
Ritch :thumbsup:

strangebat
19-07-2005, 10:35 PM
sounds good for 7th aug :thumbsup: will be going to callander as well seing as I missed bridge of allan

Big Ian
20-07-2005, 12:11 PM
7th should still be good for me.....were on Holiday from this weekend but we'll be back for the 7th :thumbsup:

ritch_w
20-07-2005, 04:05 PM
couple of ideas

1. we close this thread and start a new one each for 7th Aug and the Calander one

2. we get spirit or one of the Mods to do a blanket e-mail to all scottish members (full members and registered users) inviting them to these events with links to new threads?

(i'm away the week before but home on the sat - so i'm a definite for the 7th)

Big Ian
20-07-2005, 07:56 PM
LOCKED :thumbsup:
new post being started for a Scottish meet: 7th Aug