PDA

View Full Version : My first Mods: 400BHp?

bernmc
27-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Well, after recieving the post-SVA-and-Xtreme-service credit card bill, I made the face that goes :o, and decided that I'll have to stick to cheap mods for a while! Nevertheless, based on reliable scientific evidence, and comments from my 90 year old flatulent neighbour, I'm confident I'm approaching the 400BHP barrier.

The first mod is these: Bought on fleabay after this (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8107) happened to my wife's car - got her some, and thought I'd have a few for myself!

Natty little rotating sleeve which needs the 'key' to remove - might slow the chav's down a bit :|

According to a bloke in Halford's car park, they're worth about 25BHP each.

1. The bits :inquisiti
2. Before :thumbsdow
3. After :thumbsup:

bernmc
27-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Then, I got some of these: Another 40BHP at the very least:

Kieran
27-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Tut, Tut - They're not road legal, you naughty boy!! :evil2:

bernmc
27-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Tried to do some b4 and after pics, but not too effective because of the daylight intefering. 1st is before, 2nd is with the driver's side done (high & dip) - you can just make it out in the pics. Much more obvious in the flesh.

Of course, they're off-raod bulbs, so I'll only be driving on the pavement from now on :thumbsup: !!!

The massive gains in horsepower will off course be offset by the increased mass of the photons being emitted by the bulbs (that Einstein bugger has a lot to answer for, I tell you. e= em see squared my 4rse!) when the lights are on - the only downside, but shouldn't affect daylight driving.

I've been up to the corner shop and reckon the 1/4 mile time was about 9 sec - couldn't look at my watch properly as some daft bugger in a school bus kept getting in the way. I ask you :veryangry

ritch_w
27-04-2005, 05:44 PM
second pic does look brighter :thumbsup:

bernmc
27-04-2005, 05:50 PM
second pic does look brighter :thumbsup:

Pity the owner doesn't ;)

you can see the colour difference by looking at the 'glow' around the lamp over the grill and comparing driver to passenger side.

bernmc
08-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Nicked!!! Had my valve caps at the Warwickshire meet yesterday, went for a curry with the family last night. Went to do the shopping run this morning and noticed that they were gone! BAAAASSSSSSSSTTTTTTTEEEEEEWWWWWWAAAAAARRRRRRDDDDDD SSSS!!!!

That's the 2nd set stolen in about a month. And these had the supposed 'antitheft' caps.

Fek fek fek fekin fek. Unbelievable. :|:|:|

Wondered why the car felt down on power driving home last night... ;)

HJM
08-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Nicked!!!

no way :thumbsdow

Nick VR4
08-05-2005, 02:45 PM
My Mate put those valves caps on his Evo
Less than 24 hours stolen all 4 /grr

Spirit
08-05-2005, 04:09 PM
We had ours nicked too, so keep the second set in the glove box and only fit them for shows - then they come straight off !

nobbymogs
21-05-2005, 10:34 PM
fit flush fit
same price but it stops all the hassle

Dan_G
21-05-2005, 11:19 PM
I got my valve caps nicked too!.......

pi$$ me off!

now I have nice staibless shiney valve stalks with black plastic caps... looks poo... but noone ahs stole these yet........

bernmc
22-05-2005, 08:00 AM
Just picked up another set for a fiver, but they're sitting on my desk for now. Racking my brains to think of a way to secure them better.

Flush fit aren't an option until I change my wheels and tyres...