PDA

View Full Version : Evo Steering wheel

paulmc
29-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Will the evo steering wheel with airbag fit the VR4?

ANTHONY
29-04-2005, 09:35 PM
i'm not certain but i have a 2.0 sport with the same looking wheel as a evo which is the factory fitment.

ritch_w
29-04-2005, 09:39 PM
i would think so

are you thinking of the momo wheel?

its similar to the one fitted to the galant sports and later VR4s

i know a few guys from the colt forum have fitted lancer wheels to colts - so dont see why they shouldnt fit :thumbsup:

ANTHONY
29-04-2005, 09:43 PM
i would think so

are you thinking of the momo wheel?

its similar to the one fitted to the galant sports and later VR4s

i know a few guys from the colt forum have fitted lancer wheels to colts - so dont see why they shouldnt fit :thumbsup:

thats what i ment the momo wheel i have on my sport i cannot rearly see momo making 2 types of wheel for a mitsi

paulmc
30-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Yeah I fancy the momo one, the standard wheel looks pretty poor.

Roadrunner
30-04-2005, 03:17 PM
The wheel from the Evo VII GTA has the tiptronic buttons on it. That would be useful /yes

paulmc
30-04-2005, 03:39 PM
oh never thought of that :thumbsup:

andy43
21-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Looks to be a worthwhile mod - I sat in a new Evo VIIIIII FQ4987 ti (does that have enough IIIs?) today and the momo three spoke wheel is awesome - brushed satin ally three spoke with really chunky leather rim - if anybody has a go at fitting this to a VR4 pleease post the results here!

-LegnumVR4-
22-07-2005, 05:39 AM
Evo 4 5 and 6 will fit no problem, i have one on mine.

andy43
22-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Does your car have a working airbag though?
I would have thought the airbag cassette or whatver it's called that fits into the wheel would be different for each shape of wheel?
Bolt pcd/spline should match easy enough.
If a straight swap is possible, I think I have a plan :thumbsup:

paulmc
22-07-2005, 10:06 AM
As per H7's suggestion I am trying to find a GTA wheel, not sure re bags but if they come with the wheel I cant see a prob

-LegnumVR4-
22-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Does your car have a working airbag though?
I would have thought the airbag cassette or whatver it's called that fits into the wheel would be different for each shape of wheel?
Bolt pcd/spline should match easy enough.
If a straight swap is possible, I think I have a plan :thumbsup:

Yup i use the EVO steering wheel and airbag as the airbag will only fit that type of wheel. Its a straight fit, unbolt the old, bang on the new plug everything in. U'll find a lot of the mitzy parts work on many different models.

disciple
14-10-2005, 11:36 AM
i bought a nice(smaller) wheel off a mate of mine, same brand as the factory(Nardi Torino) and what looked to be the same fit, also it was airbagged. just to make sure i rang the ltsa cos i don't have any mechanic 'friends' to help me with a warrant and the guy basically said that if i or anyone else touches the wheel it ruins the frontal impact specs and would make it unwarrantable. needless to say i was gutted, even though i like the factory wheel, and quickly resold the smaller one. how did you guys get around that? i was fuct off, lost over a hundred bucks reselling the smaller wheel and ended up spending ****loads to get the 'textured' part of the wheel replaced with red leather which doesn't look as good as it could of been. if the guy from ltsa was spinning me some **** i'll be really, really pissed off

dreamer
20-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Does anyone in NZ know the story with changing Steering wheels with Airbags. I thought you weren't allowed unless you had someone certified fit a approved wheel, and then they give you a certificate for it.

Kenny - you know everything, have you got any insight?

_simon_
21-10-2005, 12:44 PM
You will need to get it certified.
If the car comes with airbags then you need to get certification if you change either the steering wheel or seats.
Then again how many people on this forum have their height adjustable suspension certified? And I'm sure a few have changed seat/steering wheels :)