PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Warranty Warning

Quad Al
30-04-2005, 10:48 AM
MITSUBISHI WARRANTY WARNING!!! .
What the hell are they on in Mitsu' Towers to justify such a price increase.
Came back from Browns Mitsui' Preston yesterday, visited them to book betsy in for 36k service new receptionist there so had to make friends, grovel, grovel.
Firstly he gave me a 500squid quote for a full lube service, s*at myself. I was just expecting 140 thought it was only normal oil & ayc service. Told him the car was warrantied with them, and hey presto 100squids off. Heart rate started to come down off the ceiling.... then he says how much did you pay last time for your warranty? bout 400ish couldn't quite remember, getting old!
Well he says i'll give you this to read rather than tell you, hands over a raft of A4.
New warranty prices for 2005 starting from April 1st. Looked straight to 4x4 total price per year.... 639, a £200 increase. Fook me. Hearts back on the ceiling and peeling tiles to get thru'!.
"Flipping heck" i said .
Then he said, no it is a vr4 you have , i say yes, and he sheepishly points to the bottom of the page.
Under the title of High Performance Cars, (me feels proud) and then glances over to the totals column at the righthand side and...

wait for it , wait for it!

"ONE THOUSAND,ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY SEVEN POUNDS"
Suddenly felt all dizzy! Heart had jumped aboard passing A380 on it's test flight, without a parachute!!! :sad3: :sad3: :sad3: .
Once i found the use of my voice box again, i just said Bye and said see you on the 24th......NOT!
Scurried off to catch up with my heart!.
So i Hope you guys find a mechanic like Interlec's!. It would be cheaper for me to drive from Preston to Doncaster to get me motor serviced and drive back!.
But even cheaper to get me ovaries on and do the work myself /yes .
Where would we be without CLUB VR4 ? :2thumbsup :drummer: :2thumbsup .
Can any one supply me with the workshop manual??? :rolleyes4

Kieran
30-04-2005, 11:02 AM
You have PM ;)

enigma
30-04-2005, 11:22 AM
You have PM ;)

Off topic sorry..............

Oi! You have more important things to be thinking of at this moment! :thumbsup:

Quad Al
30-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Kieran, Where ever you go for your honeymoon, For chr**tsake make sure they've got tinternet. Don't want to get the shakes from lack of CLUBVR4....
Might put you off vital strokes and we don't want that do we!!
:smitten: :love: :smitten:

Off topic sorry..............

Oi! You have more important things to be thinking of at this moment! :thumbsup:

Roadrunner
30-04-2005, 03:12 PM
The RAC offered me a two-year warranty on the VR-4 for £495, no major exclusions.

ritch_w
30-04-2005, 03:17 PM
£1170 - no fookin chance!!!!

The RAC offered me a two-year warranty on the VR-4 for £495, no major exclusions.

that sounds more reasonable - will that cover gearbox replacement?

Brunty
02-05-2005, 12:43 PM
I'll second the RAC warranty - £250 for a years worth of cover which acknowledges the automatic box, 4wd and turbos. {Interesting it specifically excludes the Vauxhall Calibra 4wd from cover}

£1,000 limit on claims, but as I understand it no limit on the number of claims within a years cover. That won't cover a gearbox replacement but could well take the sting out of it!

They'll pay an hourly rate of about £34 per hour, which I guess is to ensure their approved garages get the lions share of the warranty work.

Louis
02-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Hi Foks,
I paid £790 for a Mitsubishi Red Zebra Warranty for the VR4, it costs more for the performance car warranty, and it covers all, even mot fail!, not brake pads or oils, fluids etc. There is the obligitory small print which excludes wear and tear, and it seemed pricey at the time, but thank *** I decided to go for it.
I have had a new automatic gearbox from the Factory in Japan (took 4 weeks) and 2 weeks ago whan in for a service they gave me two new front discs as one of mine had cracked, (they didn't give me pads, but I bought these my self, it is a like for like replacment service and included hire car cover and all labour etc, you can get cheaper warranties but they won't all cover the full cost of some parts. The dealership said the cost of the new box was £6k and then there would have been shipping etc on top, cheers Louis

Spirit
02-05-2005, 06:10 PM
A lot of companies have had to increase the price of their warranties this year due to regulations implimented by the Financial Services Authority. I won't bore you with the details but depending on how the warranty scheme is administered determines if it falls within FSA regulations.

As an example VW cannot offer any extended warranties at present as they are still awaiting FSA approval - and they have already said the prices will increase at least 30% compared to 2004 prices.