View Full Version : Another trademe find

i3ooyah
01-05-2005, 01:07 AM
non vr4 related

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Other/auction-26211836.htm

so people have 2 much $$$$

97_Legnum
01-05-2005, 08:47 AM
That car was 1st owned by Sir Roger Batnhgar, he paid 2.2 million for it and never drove it once. His son drove it once and got it stuck on a speed bump in High Street.
Since Roger, it's had 2 other owners. So I wouldn't pay 2.8 million for it, considering you can still buy a new one and bring it over for less.
There are only 2 in NZ, this one and one owned by one of the sons of the Whittiker Family, that's a lot of Peanut Slabs... lol

i3ooyah
01-05-2005, 10:24 AM
dayum, didnt know peanut slabs waz such a good business, love those things

ive got my car stuck on highstreet 2, lol, jus had to scrape through :(

p1_
01-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Who the heck is authorised to service one anyway - Woking is rather a long way to go :smug:

Since they only (only) cost GBP635000 new, that equates to quite a hefty mark up :rolleyes4

97_Legnum
01-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Who the heck is authorised to service one anyway - Woking is rather a long way to go :smug:

Since they only (only) cost GBP635000 new, that equates to quite a hefty mark up :rolleyes4
There is no one actually authorised to service them in NZ, I'm sure it hasn't even done enough k's to service it. The main problem with it is Insurance, no one in NZ will touch it. When Roger owned it, it was insured by Lloyds of London with a monthly premium of $6,300 with a hugh excess. So you can see why he never used it. lol

i3ooyah
01-05-2005, 01:26 PM
if you dont have enough money to enjoy it anytime u want then you shouldnt have it

owwwww poor bugger couldnt drive it coz of insurance, thats so sad :(

wish he put some pics of that gold plated engine bay up there, he didnt even mention it in his ad

97_Legnum
02-05-2005, 08:00 AM
What makes me laugh is that he thinks that it was an investment for the future, and that it would gain value over the years... Hello, $700,000.00 profit, I don't think so... lol Considering that the drivers seat is custom made to Roger who I might add is a chubby fella.... lol No disrespect Roger... lol

p1_
02-05-2005, 10:24 AM
What makes me laugh is that he thinks that it was an investment for the future, and that it would gain value over the years... Hello, $700,000.00 profit, I don't think so... lol Considering that the drivers seat is custom made to Roger who I might add is a chubby fella.... lol No disrespect Roger... lol

Thanks 97 Legnum - you seem to know your cars and their owners :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here's a couple to test you then:
- Who owns the only Ferrari Enzo in NZ?
- Who owns the only Porsche GT1 in NZ?

I have no idea myself - but have seen both in person /yes

97_Legnum
02-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Thanks 97 Legnum - you seem to know your cars and their owners :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here's a couple to test you then:
- Who owns the only Ferrari Enzo in NZ?
- Who owns the only Porsche GT1 in NZ?

I have no idea myself - but have seen both in person /yes
I know that the 1st Porsche GT in NZ belongs to Colin Giltrap, but I read that in the news paper. I don't know who the Ferrari belongs to, because Continetal won't tell... The reason I know about the MacClaren is because Rogers son was a friend of my sister, they studied IP Law together and we still see Roger and then now and again... I also know who the 2nd owner of the MacClaren was. That was my brother Terry who brought it for his car rental business that was down the bottom of Parnell called Exotic Car Rentals... He closed up shop because of the problems getting Insurance on all the cars, so now he's been selling them off and became NZ's only offical distributor of Aston Martin, Bentley and Lamborghini which is on New North Road called Independent Prestige. www.iprestige.co.nz
All the new cars are 1 owner but never registared on NZ roads.

97_Legnum
02-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Before you ask... No I never got to drive it, and I didn't even get to sit in it... lol I touched the window to look inside tho... lol Thats a pic of my brother and his Viper

97_Legnum
02-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Opps for got to upload... lol

i3ooyah
02-05-2005, 01:01 PM
can u get mates rates on a lambo?

hook us up :p i'll take out a loan on the house & be poor 4 the rest of my life but it'll be worth it hahah

97_Legnum
02-05-2005, 02:03 PM
can u get mates rates on a lambo?

hook us up :p i'll take out a loan on the house & be poor 4 the rest of my life but it'll be worth it hahah
Hahahaha, if I was able to do that, I don't think I would be driving a VR4... lol

Trow
02-05-2005, 02:25 PM
With the F1 comes full engineer support, the car when bought new comes with 2 tool boxes, 1 you keep in the car and the other you keep in the garage, the one for the garage has enough tools to strip every nut and bolt of the car down plus panel beating tools... Mclaren will fly an engineer to anywhere in the world to service there cars... don't think you have to worry about authorised dealerships... just my 2 cents.... well jealous!!!!!

AllBeItMine
02-05-2005, 11:49 PM
That car was 1st owned by Sir Roger Batnhgar, he paid 2.2 million for it and never drove it once. His son drove it once and got it stuck on a speed bump in High Street.
Since Roger, it's had 2 other owners. So I wouldn't pay 2.8 million for it, considering you can still buy a new one and bring it over for less.
There are only 2 in NZ, this one and one owned by one of the sons of the Whittiker Family, that's a lot of Peanut Slabs... lol

BUY A NEW ONE???!!!!

they only ever made 100 and 25 of them were dedicated race cars.

it took them 12 years to make those 100 too so i doubt you can actually buy a new one.

of course, for the money, you could buy the best car ferrari, lambo AND porsche had to offer and still have change, all of which would probably go around a track faster than the McLaren... BUT, the McLaren is possibly the finest engineering feat in automotive history. I don't think you will be losing money on them

97_Legnum
03-05-2005, 01:25 AM
BUY A NEW ONE???!!!!

they only ever made 100 and 25 of them were dedicated race cars.

it took them 12 years to make those 100 too so i doubt you can actually buy a new one.

of course, for the money, you could buy the best car ferrari, lambo AND porsche had to offer and still have change, all of which would probably go around a track faster than the McLaren... BUT, the McLaren is possibly the finest engineering feat in automotive history. I don't think you will be losing money on them
Well if I had that sorta cash to dump on a car, I'd use it... Why buy it and park it up and think of it as an investment, Hello, it's only a car... lol

I currently have 5 cars at the moment, the VR4 being the cheapest of them all at $14,000.00... I use it as a work wagon, I also use my SRT V10 Dodge truck $140,000.00 for work also... But I also don't have a problem using my partners $380,000.00 600SL Merc to take on Construction sites and load it up with bags of grout... If you're going to buy a car, I say use it as you please just don't baby it.... lol

p1_
03-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Before you ask... No I never got to drive it, and I didn't even get to sit in it... lol I touched the window to look inside tho... lol Thats a pic of my brother and his Viper

Thanks 97 Legnum - has your brother considered bringing in TVRs? That other guy down in Waiuku already has Lotus, Noble and Marcos (& Ariel??), surely that has to be the next logical one?

i3ooyah
03-05-2005, 02:59 AM
didnt think you could get tvr's in nz?

though one of the guys in another department at work has one

97_Legnum
03-05-2005, 06:27 AM
Thanks 97 Legnum - has your brother considered bringing in TVRs? That other guy down in Waiuku already has Lotus, Noble and Marcos (& Ariel??), surely that has to be the next logical one?
I don't know what more he wants to get into, He only got the distribution rights for Lambo and Aston because he had brought so many for his rental company... TVR's are very nice tho, alot of car for around the hundred grand mark... Whats wrong with the guy importing them already? There's a guy out East Akl importing them isn't there?

p1_
04-05-2005, 01:21 AM
I don't know what more he wants to get into, He only got the distribution rights for Lambo and Aston because he had brought so many for his rental company... TVR's are very nice tho, alot of car for around the hundred grand mark... Whats wrong with the guy importing them already? There's a guy out East Akl importing them isn't there?

Not sure mate - hadnt seen any new(ish) ones here - only some about 5-10 years old. Wouldnt mind a Sagaris myself /yes :rolleyes4 :thumbsup:

Trow
04-05-2005, 01:56 PM
well if you think owning a VR4 is financial suicide, try buying a TVR, ave heard they are really unreliable... but then again... am really drunk and could be talking out my poop hole!!!!

p1_
04-05-2005, 08:09 PM
well if you think owning a VR4 is financial suicide, try buying a TVR, ave heard they are really unreliable... but then again... am really drunk and could be talking out my poop hole!!!!

I know a couple of owners and they all concurred this fact. I was hoping they had gotten that sorted out lately /yes

97_Legnum
04-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Wow I didn't know that... my brother had a 1995 TVR Griffith 500 years ago... I never seemed unreliable, but then he never drove it either... lol:rifle:

Trow
04-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Wow I didn't know that... my brother had a 1995 TVR Griffith 500 years ago... I never seemed unreliable, but then he never drove it either... lol:rifle:

500 years ago!!! heheheh he must be a old fella now :rolleyes4 or has a time machine fitted

97_Legnum
05-05-2005, 12:53 AM
500 years ago!!! heheheh he must be a old fella now :rolleyes4 or has a time machine fitted
Take that smartie.... lol:rifle: