PDA

View Full Version : pre & post facelift calipers

SGHOM
02-05-2005, 06:25 PM
as you can see from the pic, there is not a lot of difference between pre & post facelift calipers.
from the front, they are identical, from this angle, the rear, the only difference is the spacing of the mounting points !
mmm ?? why?? :rolleyes4 Is there some reason why Mitsubishi changed the mounting points for post 98 cars ?? & why ?? they dont seem to be able to brake any better ?? not with the standard set up anyway ??
anyone know the reason ?

& whilst I was at Marcus's place, I took the opportunity to take a couple of pics ! :embarasse :embarasse well !! why not ?? /yes /yes

cheers for the 'advice' Marcus !! :thumbsup: & nice cuppa Jane, thanks ! /yes

RED
02-05-2005, 06:29 PM
"cheers for the 'advice' Marcus !! & nice cuppa Jane, thanks ! "

You are most welcome to the cuppa and more than welcome to use the facilities again someday :thumbsup: /yes

Jimbo
02-05-2005, 08:09 PM
I can vouch for those "facilities" being simply the best too :thumbsup:

Glad you got sorted Derek - are you going to be ready for Japfest now?

SGHOM
02-05-2005, 08:15 PM
The abbey car park may be a bit busy next week !! :embarasse
not enough room on my drive, but having removed & re-fitted hubs twice now, It should not take too long.
Oh !! to have the space, the facilities, & the tools Marcus has !! /yes /yes It would make any job 10 times easier !!

Rally205
05-05-2005, 02:11 PM
You are more than welcome to use the "facilities" again Derek if it would be easier to do them here. Give me a shout if you want to pop down.

Marcus

bernmc
05-05-2005, 04:07 PM
oh go-on, pop down so I can invite myself to come along and have a squiz too :inquisiti

BraindG
05-05-2005, 04:24 PM
thats the thing isnt it, if youve got the tools life is so much easier. /jealous
makes me a bit weary of changing all my suspension with one trolly jack and a drive :inquisiti

psbarham
05-05-2005, 05:50 PM
thats the thing isnt it, if youve got the tools life is so much easier. /jealous
makes me a bit weary of changing all my suspension with one trolly jack and a drive :inquisiti
nah i did mine on the gravel drive with a trolley jack with no problems , mainly coz i couldn't be arsed to drive 10 miles each way to my work shop, that and the fact jack was only 6 mths old and was asleep in doors and the baby monitors havn't got that good a range . it'll be ok to do it on your drive as long as you put the trolley jack on a piece of wood or steel to stop it sinking

SGHOM
05-05-2005, 06:53 PM
oh go-on, pop down so I can invite myself to come along and have a squiz too :inquisiti
that sounds like a damned good offer from Marcus !! :thumbsup:
I either do my hubs on my drive, which is 9" wider than my car !! :embarasse
or in the pub car park, which is 50 yds wider than my drive, but a bit embaressing !! :embarasse :embarasse
only problem is, it's either this saturday, or next saturday/sunday. /yes no more time after that. ??

Nick Mann
05-05-2005, 07:35 PM
SO this saturday, morning in Rugby for the hub change, afternoon in Warwick for the mini meet?

And of course, for so many willing hands, pub lunch on Derek!! :evil2:

Rally205
05-05-2005, 07:38 PM
It's a date then! This Saturday is good for me. Everyone is welcome.

Let me know what time you want to come down Derek and I'll get Jane to put the kettle on. /yes

SGHOM
05-05-2005, 08:13 PM
sounds good to me Marcus !!
how does 10 ish sound ?? :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
05-05-2005, 08:55 PM
How long will it take? Is 2 and a half hours long enough?

RED
05-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Got a couple of jobs to do first so make it nearer 11. Should only take about an hour and a half again.

I take it you are thinking of the Warwick meet Nick?

Nick Mann
05-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Got a couple of jobs to do first so make it nearer 11. Should only take about an hour and a half again.

;)

Yep. Will now work on permission to leave earlier than planned on saturday morning!

bernmc
05-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Could you pm me the address Jane or Marcus, and I'll try to pop around for a hello - still got the in-laws's fence to do on Saturday, but I'm hoping to escape for a bit...

SGHOM
06-05-2005, 06:40 AM

11 ish it is then ! :thumbsup:

RED
06-05-2005, 06:18 PM
SO this saturday, morning in Rugby for the hub change, afternoon in Warwick for the mini meet?

And of course, for so many willing hands, pub lunch on Derek!! :evil2:

Don't panic chaps there's a yummy burger bar :sick2: :toilet: on the estate - potatoes, hotdogs, burgers, egg and chips etc etc

Mmmmm Yummy /lick lips smilie please /yes and I may put the kettle on :rolleyes4 /lol :shocked:

PS If you do have a burger don't tell them I put the loo or the sick smilies up please :rolleyes4