PDA

View Full Version : road to "THE IBIS"

Big Ian
02-05-2005, 10:22 PM
thought i'd show the route i'll be heading down for going to the Ibis hotel on the Friday (20th May)
we are hopeing to leave Dumbarton (W-Glasgow) about 10am,it look's like a 6 hour journey but we will be stopping for a few coffee break's :happy: so if anyone think's their may be a chance of meeting on the way (convoy?) then let us know and i'll PM you my moby number :thumbsup:

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/planner_places_redirect.jsp?showMap=true#map

:-ished: LESS THAN 3 WEEK'S TO GO!!....WOOOHOOOOO
a canny wait!

RED
03-05-2005, 12:06 AM
:-ished: LESS THAN 3 WEEK'S TO GO!!....WOOOHOOOOO
a canny wait!

:rolleyes4 Anyone would think you were excited /lol :sunny: :P

Big Ian
03-05-2005, 12:09 AM
:rolleyes4 Anyone would think you were excited /lol :sunny: :P

:D Anyone, would be correct :scholar:

pezza
03-05-2005, 12:11 AM
RED have you cleaned that engine bay yet? :happy: :thumbsup:

I shan't be lifting my bonnet for anyone mind :D :anxious:

RED
03-05-2005, 12:16 AM
RED have you cleaned that engine bay yet? :happy: :thumbsup:

I shan't be lifting my bonnet for anyone mind :D :anxious:

Yes Marcus has done me engine bay and has just said he will do it again before we go :thumbsup:

And if I show you mine will you show me yours - engine bay that is ;)

RED
03-05-2005, 12:18 AM
:D Anyone, would be correct :scholar:

Coolio :thumbsup: :drummer: :party: :jester: /wave

Nick Mann
03-05-2005, 09:47 AM
You are passing within a few miles of me, but I will still be at work!

If you are just starting down the M5 at around 6:00pm, then I'm up for a convoy, but I think you'll be well past me by then.

SGHOM
03-05-2005, 05:27 PM
unless I can escape work early, I may not be leaving sheffield until 6pm !! /help

Spirit
03-05-2005, 06:46 PM
You won't be anywhere near me Ian, but I hope you have a safe trip down. I doubt I will get to leave Plymouth before 6pm so looks like many of us won't be there until after 8pm

HJM
03-05-2005, 06:49 PM
We'll be there early Ian - we have taken Friday off :happy:

See you in the bar mate :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
03-05-2005, 07:00 PM
unless I can escape work early, I may not be leaving sheffield until 6pm !! /help

Give us a shout as you pass, then, Derek. Maybe we'll convoy. Unless we are very organised we won't get away much before 7:00 anyway!

RED
03-05-2005, 09:17 PM

:bigcry: :bigcry: :end:

Big Ian
03-05-2005, 10:44 PM

:thumbsup: OK....best wear a pink rose behind your ear, :inquisiti so as we know each other at the bar?:rolleyes4
i'm easy to spot...... :inquisiti i'll be the big scottish guy with his scottish wife /yes

Ohh.......you can wear one to Jane :joker: would'nt want Heath feeling silly :happy:

/lol :D

HJM
03-05-2005, 10:51 PM
:thumbsup: OK....best wear a pink rose behind your ear, :inquisiti so as we know each other at the bar?:rolleyes4
i'm easy to spot...... :inquisiti i'll be the big scottish guy with his scottish wife /yes

Ohh.......you can wear one to Jane :joker: would'nt want Heath feeling silly :happy:

/lol :D

/lol /lol Nice one Ian - I'll be sure to get him one /lol /lol

BraindG
04-05-2005, 10:19 AM
OK....best wear a pink rose behind your ear, :inquisiti so as we know each other at the bar
That might not be such a bad idea :)

Heres my story.
the last time i went to IBIS, i found there to be 1 vr4 in the carpark, with rumours the owner was in the bar, (already having drunk 4 carling on the way down on the train - long story) i went to the bar in the IBIS, ordered a pint, and looked around..

hmm, no-one around, perhaps, thinking about it i should have looked around before buying - aaanyways, looked around and couldn't see anyone. downed my pint and went to the next pub, across the car park.. again, stupidly i bought another pint, looked around and starting asking people if they were from clubr4.. soooooooo anyways, i downed that pint, and promptly lefts cos everyone was looking at me rather strangly... (weird drunk scotsman asking if people were from clubvr4 :rolleyes4 for all they knew, it could have been a sex club or something)

So there i was, 2 pints downed within a 10 minute period. I got back to IBIS, and people started arriving, and buying me drinks, and well lol.. hmm i made a bit of a **** of my self that night :smug: Evidence (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5192)

Lessons learnt?
1. dont drink on train on the way down
2. look around for club members before buying drinks
3. wear something so people can find you, instead of asking random people if they are from a club and looking for a good time :rolleyes4

Big Ian
14-05-2005, 06:46 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :end:

Jane & Marcus, are you guy's doing the "Ibis thang?"...you know youd better /yes as i owe Marcus a beer or 4 :happy:

/help i can't watch him get drunk during the Japfest time!...that would'nt be fair

RED
14-05-2005, 11:54 PM
Jane & Marcus, are you guy's doing the "Ibis thang?"...you know youd better /yes as i owe Marcus a beer or 4 :happy:

/help i can't watch him get drunk during the Japfest time!...that would'nt be fair

No :bigcry: Would love to but Em is still in a cot and so the logistics of getting someone to look after her are a bit limiting. Plus the fact I don't think you lot could cope with me half cut :rolleyes4 /lol :stop:

Spirit
15-05-2005, 03:25 AM
Plus the fact I don't think you lot could cope with me half cut :rolleyes4 /lol :stop:

Errr.....if we can cope with Barry then I think we could manage it :thumbsup: :happy: /yes

Sorry you won't make it Friday night Jane & Marcus :embarasse

SGHOM
16-05-2005, 07:54 PM
are there any shell service stations between me & combe ?? ie; M5 ?? I've just been searching
www.5minutesaway.co.uk
their dont appear to be any ?? :embarasse /help

Nick Mann
16-05-2005, 08:00 PM
There is one near J5 of the M5. Get off, head north on the A38, you'll see it within 2 miles.

Or stop in at mine for a cup of tea on the way down and we'll pass it on the way to the motorway!

SGHOM
16-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Or stop in at mine for a cup of tea on the way down and we'll pass it on the way to the motorway!
:thumbsup: sounds like a plan Nick !!
I'll be leaving sheffield around 4 ish. PM me your address & I'll let you know ETA !! /yes

Kieran
16-05-2005, 10:22 PM
:thumbsup: sounds like a plan Nick !!
I'll be leaving sheffield around 4 ish. PM me your address & I'll let you know ETA !! /yes

We shall be leaving Nottingham around 4:30ish..... I may have to add to the Tea order!! /yes :smug:

SGHOM
16-05-2005, 10:26 PM
yeah...... breaker one nine !! we got ourselves a convoy. :2thumbsup :guitarist :cowboy: :afro:

SGHOM
19-05-2005, 11:16 PM
should I bring my talkie walkies like last year ?? so we can play silly billy's on the M5 again ??
oh go on......................... let me ?? /yes :embarasse :embarasse

Jimbo
19-05-2005, 11:25 PM
I will be heading down the M6 and M5 around that time too - would be good to meet up, that's 4 to convoy rubber ducky!

By the way, there's a really convenient Shell garage at J13 of the M5 at Stroud....the one we would get off at to get to Combe :thumbsup:

That way we've got nice full tanks ready for the next day.

Kieran
19-05-2005, 11:35 PM
should I bring my talkie walkies like last year ?? so we can play silly billy's on the M5 again ??

Go on! Bring em! I wanna play smokey and the bandit!!! :happy:

Spirit
20-05-2005, 12:17 AM

Funny that...Shaz has charged ours up too :thumbsup: We have 3 so if we can get the same channel we can have some more fun on the way to Combe on Saturday morning :thumbsup:

What about yours Heath and Jane ?

HJM
20-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Funny that...Shaz has charged ours up too :thumbsup: We have 3 so if we can get the same channel we can have some more fun on the way to Combe on Saturday morning :thumbsup:

What about yours Heath and Jane ?

Yep - we can bring ours too - no problem :thumbsup:

SGHOM
20-05-2005, 12:19 AM
i can only find 3 ?? I think Zentac may still have one !! /grr :rolleyes4

Spirit
20-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Well we have three and I think HJM have 3 or 4 so we will have about 9 units for Saturday morning :thumbsup:

Also, we hope to be on the road from Plymouth by 5.30pm latest......so ETA at Ibis is around 7.30 to 7.45pm. See you all then - will need food when we get there too :thumbsup:

RED
20-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Have fun tonight guys :thumbsup: sorry can't be there but we'll see you around 1.30ish tomorrow :drummer:

SGHOM
24-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Well we have three and I think HJM have 3 or 4 so we will have about 9 units for Saturday morning :thumbsup:

came in useful didn't they !! :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4 :embarasse