PDA

View Full Version : The All New Evo

97_Legnum
03-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Apparently, the next Evo to be released soon is going to be 450bhp... When are Mitsubishi gonna revamp the VR4... I don't wanna have to trade in the wagon for an Evo

matsondawson
03-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Evo IX ? 290hp, 407Nm.. At least in NZ, maybe higher in Japan.

KiwiTT
03-05-2005, 11:11 PM
The EVO IX will also be available without AYC as a lessor version. WTF.

p1_
04-05-2005, 01:13 AM
The EVO IX will also be available without AYC as a lessor version. WTF.

I read that too - more like WTP (Whats The Point). I kinda understood the RS/GSR thing but they'll be releasing a 1.8tdi version next :inquisiti :rolleyes4

Evo 10 - with 450bhp???? Is this a windup mate?

i3ooyah
04-05-2005, 10:59 AM
evoIX will have the same power output but more torque & easier on fuel economy so hes prolly talking about the evoX, i hope thats not the case as then it'll be out of price reach for the average car enthusiast

97_Legnum
04-05-2005, 11:41 AM
I read that too - more like WTP (Whats The Point). I kinda understood the RS/GSR thing but they'll be releasing a 1.8tdi version next :inquisiti :rolleyes4

Evo 10 - with 450bhp???? Is this a windup mate?
No, it's not a wind up... I got it from a source who's job it is, is to watch what different car manufactures are bringing out... This is how it works...

Mitusbishi is trying to turn the company around... Apparently, they have been lossing a large maket share over the years and lossing millions of dollars in the process... The major things were build quality and bad design of most of there popular cars...

They want to prove that they can make a car tuely worthy of the compition... So they have leaked that the next evo is going to still be 2ltr turbo 4 wheel drive, but pumping out 450bhp.... ONLY, they are playing their cards very close to there chest on how this is going to be possible.

michaeli
04-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi Guys,

Basically they are using the MIVEC engine which increases their ability to sqeeze every drop of power out.... :happy:

I believe it will go full circle and they will bring back the Galant but as an Evo model with the 2.5 MIVEC engine and a turbo....

It would make sense, think about it... :scholar:

Colt Evo - 1.5ltr Turbo Mivec engine - nearly 200BHP :smug:

Evo X - 2ltr Turbo MIVEC engine - 280 to 450BHP :thumbsup:

Galant Evo - 2.5ltr Turbo or TT MIVEC engine 300 - 500BHP :evil2:

It would follow Nissans new Skline at 500BHP.... :thumbsup:

Mike

p1_
04-05-2005, 08:06 PM
No, it's not a wind up... I got it from a source who's job it is, is to watch what different car manufactures are bringing out... This is how it works...

Mitusbishi is trying to turn the company around... Apparently, they have been lossing a large maket share over the years and lossing millions of dollars in the process... The major things were build quality and bad design of most of there popular cars...

They want to prove that they can make a car tuely worthy of the compition... So they have leaked that the next evo is going to still be 2ltr turbo 4 wheel drive, but pumping out 450bhp.... ONLY, they are playing their cards very close to there chest on how this is going to be possible.

Thanks 97 Legnum - wasnt questioning your integrity there :scholar: just couldnt believe the numbers - had to sit down /yes :rolleyes4

Top information as usual. cheers

97_Legnum
04-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks 97 Legnum - wasnt questioning your integrity there :scholar: just couldnt believe the numbers - had to sit down /yes :rolleyes4

Top information as usual. cheers
No, I never took what you wrote like that at all mate. It's all good.... Like yourself, I sat there with my mouth wide open thinking WTF.... lol

97_Legnum
04-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Hi Guys,

Basically they are using the MIVEC engine which increases their ability to sqeeze every drop of power out.... :happy:

I believe it will go full circle and they will bring back the Galant but as an Evo model with the 2.5 MIVEC engine and a turbo....

It would make sense, think about it... :scholar:

Colt Evo - 1.5ltr Turbo Mivec engine - nearly 200BHP :smug:

Evo X - 2ltr Turbo MIVEC engine - 280 to 450BHP :thumbsup:

Galant Evo - 2.5ltr Turbo or TT MIVEC engine 300 - 500BHP :evil2:

It would follow Nissans new Skline at 500BHP.... :thumbsup:

Mike
Thanks for that, you explained it better than me... lol I build bridges, not cars... lol

When it comes to cars, I like to plug n play... As long as it can honk along at illgal speeds, I'm all happy... lol