PDA

View Full Version : Rock Sound Magazine

_simon_
03-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Do any of you UK folks read or know of Rock Sound Magazine?

If so can you answer a few questions for me?

Does the magazine usually come with a cover CD? ie is it a regular monthly thing or just now and then.

What sort of music does it carter for, is it mainly main stream rock? Would something heavyish seem out of place?

thanks

Brunty
03-05-2005, 08:52 PM
:drummer:

Can't help I'm afraid it's not a title I've ever heard of before. Try sending a pm to Isaac Sibson - I'm sure I've read a couple of posts where he's suggested he's serious about his music.

Good luck

Steve

Spirit
03-05-2005, 10:25 PM
I think this website may help you mate http://www.uksubscribe.com/product.asp?sku=1115

....and I quote

"rock sound brings you each month the best rock, metal, indie and punk music around, complete with a free Music With Attitude CD featuring the bands you’ll read about inside. That’s an album of over 70 minutes of top quality music free every month. "

:thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
04-05-2005, 08:44 PM
I used to buy it fairly regularly, and yes it comes with a free covermount CD every month. Bit like Kerrang with extra indie thrown in.
Got a bit fed up with it as always seemed to cover the in vogue bands in detail, with a few others thown in.
I prefer classic rock magazine (no CD usually) for the more classy stuff and terrorizer (CD every other month or 2) for the really heavy underground stuff (think thrash / death /black metal, hardcore etc etc) :guitarist :klingon: :evil2: :drummer: :skull:

_simon_
06-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks guys.

Looks like Rocksound is probably not suitable for me.

I used to read Terrorizer about 10 years ago when it was a reasonable price, now its one million dollars and we don't even get the cover CDs :(