PDA

View Full Version : New Tints Pics

ShadyNZer
04-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Just got some new legal Executive Chrome tints with medium reflection from Tints in Manukau... looks pretty good when the suns shining on it...
:thumbsup: reckon if i have any problems getting a warrant they'll write a letter to them or something, he said try not to go to On Road or VTNZ coz sometimes they get fussy but sometimes they say its all good...
just thought id post up. :thumbsup:

i3ooyah
04-05-2005, 10:18 PM
i waz thinking about mirror b4 i got my normal black tints, but didnt wanna just incase it didnt turn out how i wanted to but that looks real nice

ShadyNZer
05-05-2005, 06:34 AM
cheers, i just think they suit silver or white cars more than the black....still 35 % dark tho so pretty sweet

dickytim
05-05-2005, 06:52 AM
looks good dude

p1_
05-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Nice one mate - they look great.

btw do the saloons not come with factory tints in the rear then, like the legnums?

BraindG
05-05-2005, 10:47 AM
some do, others don't - my first galant had rear window, and rear passanger windows tinted.. my second were not.. don't know why, or what the difference was.. both cars were exactly the same, same year, spec and everything.. only things different were suspension, and the tinted windows.

Wodjno
05-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Very Nice Indeedy .. :thumbsup:

KiwiTT
05-05-2005, 10:24 PM
In NZ the law is wagons can have the rear doors and windows tinted, but saloons can not.

Pete M
05-05-2005, 10:50 PM
In NZ the law is wagons can have the rear doors and windows tinted, but saloons can not.
I've just had a look at http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/publications/vir-manual/general/5-vision-v2-2.pdf

and I can't see any differentiation between saloons and wagons, as they are both considered class MA. The picture shows both being allowed 35% VLT on the side windows.

ShadyNZer
06-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Cheers for the feedback..they said they were the only place that does legal mirror tints, dunno if he meant in just Auckland or the whole of NZ, cost me a lil bit too, worth it i reckon tho, been wanting tints for aaaaaaaaages
but yeah mine didnt have tints when i got it, neither did my previous VR4

KiwiTT
06-05-2005, 12:32 AM
The ones I got on mine were too dark for NZ and had to be removed.

97_Legnum
06-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Man that really looks hot, it goes so well with the silver... No that isn't be being gay towards another mans car... lol:thumbsup:

_simon_
06-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Pete M is right, there is no difference between wagons and cars that are registered for private use. I think the rules may also only apply to tint film applied to the windows so if you have OE tinted glass then that is ok.

KiwiTT, that must have been an expensive exersize to replace your glass. I would have argued that one, they sometimes make mistakes.

My girlfriends car failed it warrant last week as they said the tint on the front windscreen can only go down 100mm, but thats only for non-tranparent film, tint even 5% stuff, can go down to the bottom of your sun visors. I took the car back to get re-tested, told them nicely :) that I thought they'd made a mistake, and it passed.