PDA

View Full Version : VR4 Invasion in Warwick

Sulli
07-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Supposed to be a Jap meet, but VR4s managed to outnumber all the Scoobies, Evos, Supras and Skylines :smug:

Good to meet you all at last.

Derek - thanks for the use of the G-Tech, pleased with the figures, hope you enjoyed the ride :thumbsup: Had a good look at your motor before I left -very nice. Love the colour, and the wheels suit too, nice job.

Dave - like the set-up on your car with the PC etc - if I ever have the dosh I will have to bend your ear on how to do it.

Interlec - very nice motor, and glad you finally have the brakes sorted - they look mean under those rims, and i'm sure you'll appreciate them on track.

Nick - nice motor, good luck with identifying the mystery power mods ;)

Bern - looks like you got a good one from Japland, I had a good look at the paintwork and it looked pretty mint.

Funniest thing on the day - the mats (Marcus will know what i am talking about) :stop:

Pi$$ed off I forgot my digital camera though -had it ready to take and forgot when I left -did anyone else get any pics?

enigma
07-05-2005, 06:45 PM
I forgot my camera as well, but did pull out the fastest 0-60 of the day ;)

Also went on to a 1/4 mile of 14.5, which I do not believe in the slightest becuase I backed of at 60 and just pootled at 70...............Evidence for the gtechs accuracy? Its a cool tool to monitor upgrades, but do not put your faith on the numbers :rolleyes4

SGHOM
07-05-2005, 08:25 PM
some fantastic pics there guys !! cheers !! :thumbsup:
Dave forgot his, Nick's is knackered, mine took one photo then batteries went !! :embarasse
anyone else take any ??
/help

RED
07-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Sounds like you all had a good afternoon boys :thumbsup: Shame you didn't have a proper VR4 there though :curtain: /lol :love:

diddingtonwizard
07-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Have some pics but apparently the file is too big, so won't let me upload. If you can help I will put them on

SGHOM
07-05-2005, 10:09 PM
but did pull out the fastest 0-60 of the day ;)

yes !! :thumbsup: a very impressive 5.2 secs. /yes
I recorded a 6.1 secs, & a 1/4 mile of 14.4. not very impressive, BUT............ in my defence, I had two passengers, my tools, a full socket set, 4 wheels & tyres, including discs, calipers hubs etc...etc... !!! /yes I reckon I was hauling well over 2 tonnes !! :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

Nick Mann
07-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Have some pics but apparently the file is too big, so won't let me upload. If you can help I will put them on

You need to resize them to 620 pixels wide.

bernmc
07-05-2005, 11:02 PM
I took a few with the crappy phonecam. Need to do an infrared sync with my laptop bla bla and it's too late and I'm missing my beauty sleep! /sings: 2morroowwww...

pezza
08-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Yep it was a great day indeed.. Nice to see some new faces there too.. shame I missed Tigz car tho :(

Going out for runs in Nick's, Derek's, Dave and Sullis cars was interesting too..
you guys are all mad with those launches! :rolleyes4

Dave held the fastest time according to the G-Tech :-) but the most brutal launch was by Sulli's: impressive shifting everything from the front of the car to the back, including my internals!! Lovely sounding exhaust too!

It was great to see so many galants/leggies there too... Think we outnumbered the scoobz!

Hopefully make it there next month, in time for food tooo!!

Cheers

Pezz

enigma
08-05-2005, 12:51 PM
the most brutal launch was by Sulli's: impressive shifting everything from the front of the car to the back, including my internals!!

??eh

Nick Mann
08-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Sulli launched? You sure? :rolleyes4

The meet was a good one. I put the details on here thinking a couple of local cars may turn up and it turned into a full on mini-meet! Can't believe we have no pictures. :sad3: My first Super-VR4 in the flesh and no photos!

A few new faces - diddingtonwizard, Sulli, g8legnum and tig202 who must have travelled the furthest, as he had Kiwi plates!!

Thanks all for turning up - I enjoyed myself, hope you all did too.

Sulli
08-05-2005, 05:36 PM
You kind of persuaded me that your method was 'sympathetic' to the car :rolleyes4 so I gave it a go - still nowhere near a clutch drop at 5k rpm, but nonetheless not bad for an auto, certainly woke Derek up :zzz: /help :end:
There are a few pics on the MLR - can't believe I didn't bring my camera though, I had deleted all pics on it to bring, and left it on the friggin table :embarasse

g8legnum
08-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Even though I was a bit of an interloper - being the only none VR4 there, it was good to put faces to the names at last. Unfortunately I am with the majority in remembering my digital camera when we were five minutes from the meet. Ah well........ here's to next time.
BTW Big Dave, my wife wanted to know if your engine is a female, with those 'appendages' under the bonnet :inquisiti

enigma
08-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Cant believe you launched and only got 6.x?
Also cant believe it 'felt' harder than mine????!!!
Fair play though, mine seemed a little under the weather in 2nd, so maybe it was just a bit down in general? Need to get some NOS back on the beastie!

Sulli
08-05-2005, 06:20 PM
6.2 0-60 and 14.4 1/4 mile times (though just after I pulled off I had to swerve to avoid a car pulling out without indicating) - about right for the power it's running i guess. Laughing gas is cheating too :-policema ;)

enigma
08-05-2005, 06:22 PM
I'll give you £100 plus your fuel and entrance costs if you go to Santa Pod next weekend and run a 14.4!

:smug:

Sulli
08-05-2005, 06:28 PM
LOL at the challenge - your just jealous my cars shinier than yours ;)
Nowt to prove, and despite my balls being all present and correct at present, thus no need to rise to your macho challenge, said balls would be gone Sunday if I went to Santa Pod on the missus' birthday /grr

enigma
08-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Pod is on Saturday.........................;)

Wodjno
08-05-2005, 06:44 PM
I'll give you £100 plus your fuel and entrance costs if you go to Santa Pod next weekend and run a 14.4!

:smug:

Does that go for anyone .. ?? :inquisiti

enigma
08-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Anyone whos mods dont extend beyond an exhaust! :thumbsup:

Wodjno
08-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Anyone whos mods dont extend beyond an exhaust! :thumbsup: :sad3:

bernmc
08-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Can't believe we have no pictures. :sad3: My first Super-VR4 in the flesh and no photos!

Just fixed & added didingtonwizards pics to
this thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=72717#post72717) - at least someone had their wits about them on Sat!