PDA

View Full Version : lowered suspension ?? but only on one side !!

SGHOM
07-05-2005, 08:13 PM
I think I posted a while back about this, but a few months ago, i noticed my AYC light [ one of] coming on randomly ? :embarasse I checked the tyre pressures & they were ok, so I assumed that it was well overdue for a fluid change !!
next time I had a good look at the car, the left side seemed lower than the right ?? /yes :rolleyes4 A few other members noticed this also, but between us, we failed to come up with an answer as to why ?
On the way down to Warwick today, Dave was behind me............... as he will be for the foreseable future !!! :embarasse :embarasse ............ & he commented that my car is now very wonkey !! not good !! :embarasse
Anyway, whilst it was in Marcus's garage having the suspension changed, Dave spotted the problem........... the front nearside shock absorber had a bolt worked loose !! the bolt which holds the leg to the fork, & the strut had slipped down about 1" !! /help [ well spotted mate ! :thumbsup: ]
A bit of bashing & tightening by Marcus, & my car was now on the straight & narrow !!
I've no idea how it ended up like that :inquisiti but at least it was nothing major.
cheers for all your help guy's, & a BIG thankyou to Marcus for all the effort & facilities he's provided ! :thumbsup:
here's a pic of the offending strut.

RED
07-05-2005, 08:57 PM
See what you mean now :rolleyes4 No wonder you were sitting on the pi$$

Dan_G
07-05-2005, 09:57 PM
you have discovered an alternative method of lowering the car :rolleyes4

WildCards
11-07-2005, 03:32 PM
You can get back on the pies now then!