PDA

View Full Version : Engine cough

Paul Beazer
07-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Weirdness time!

Driving gently, and i mean gently at about 30mph in 3rd, suddenly revs drop briefly and car stutters once, i could feel the car slow up. WTF? Never done it before or since, its a manual BTW.
Any thoughs or ideas?

Dan_G
07-05-2005, 09:54 PM
one suggestion: it could be your fuel filter needs replacing.

koala
14-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Weirdness time!

Driving gently, and i mean gently at about 30mph in 3rd, suddenly revs drop briefly and car stutters once, i could feel the car slow up. WTF? Never done it before or since, its a manual BTW.
Any thoughs or ideas?

Isnt this strange

My GLS 2.0 galant estate does the same thing as well
driiving 30 miles n hour little throttle and she cant decide eother to go or not high rev is absoultely fine I couldnt find the soultion yet? few peeps said it would be down to ignition coils but hey 110 quid each not so good place to start anymoere ideas on this

V6Dan
14-10-2005, 12:24 PM
HT Leads. Same issue a while back on my Tomcat, changed the king lead, problem solved. I'd say its definately electrical though.

imcarm
14-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Hmmm, my 2001 V6 sport does this now and again with low revs - stutters while applying the gas in 1'st, 2'nd or 3'rd. I always assumed it was because she was cold - the rev counter is always way above 1k so it's not stalling. Odd..

Ta
Steve

Big Ian
15-10-2005, 09:08 AM
sound's abit like a nigglin problem i had before i sold my GLS....i found it to be.....wait for it, as i don't remember what it's called!! :rolleyes4 ..it work's in-line with the butterfly within the throttle body, on the back end (bulkhead side) small black adjuster with 2 small 8mm bolt's....i adjusted it "very small" movement at a time till i got rid of the stutter /yes took a few time's of adjustment to get spot on but it worked :thumbsup:

"CAUTION"
when/if you try this, when you try this try it away from other car's (busy road...etc) and wear your seat belt /yes as if you turn it to much the wrong way or past it's proper setting, then when you drive it can get to a certain point (rev's) and then "SH!T" it's like youve just hit the brake's and the car won't die but it will drop rev's sudden! i can take a few goes at adjusting it or you might be lucky and get it first time, another way of checking you have it cured is just bring the rev's up slowly and listen for any un wanted (missing sound) stutter's , i found reving it very slowly up to 3000 rev's was enough to test for stutter feel & sound /yes :happy: and another thing (just remembered)..i got my miss/stutter feel at about 2200 rev's in any gear /yes.

GOOD LUCK :thumbsup:

Big Ian
15-10-2005, 09:13 AM
more here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9035) with a picture of the part you need to adjust :rolleyes4