PDA

View Full Version : Guys i need help ...

Bal
09-05-2005, 05:10 PM
so i want a vr4, everyone is fully aware of this. but look at the figures below

Petrol over 1 year (12k miles)
£1675.03 - Galant GLS
£3068.18 - VR4

Servicing 1 year - just minor oil changes (obviously if a major comes along then it throws this all out - hardest to judge)
£80 - Galant GLS
£160-£200 - VR4

Mpg
28 - Galant GLS
17 - VR4

Tax
90 every 6 month - Galant GLS
Same - VR4

Service interval
9k miles - Galant GLS
4.5k miles - VR4

Big grin as you power on by - PRICELESS

so im nearly there .... im nearly convinced ....

but seriously. the MPG in these things. i totally understand that you get 17mpg around town but when your plodding at 70mph down the motorway do you seriously get just a poor MPG.

ahhh man .... i hate this i hate it i hate you all ... i hate mitsubishi for making a car so great yet consume so much resource.

why didnt they make a single turbo 2.0 litre version ....

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa

Jimbo
09-05-2005, 05:13 PM
You can expect to get 25-28 when cruising at 70-80 on a long journey.

It seems to come down in 10's after that - 15-18 in stop-start traffic and 5-8 on a track!

Big Ian
09-05-2005, 05:20 PM
why didnt they make a single turbo 2.0 litre version ....

:inquisiti.. :scholar: they did.....it's called an EVO :drummer:
or you could get your own turbo'd /yes

Bal
09-05-2005, 08:05 PM
evo ... evo ... evo i hear you say. i've already thought about that but i feel they are still a bit overpriced.

i have thought about turboing my car but have thought better of it. i dunno ....

bernmc
09-05-2005, 09:18 PM
I'm doing around 80-100 motorway miles a day and getting 25mpg overall. I tend to sit around 80ish, with the occasional blast to get by things. They are not cheap cars to run. You pay for all that power!

Spirit
09-05-2005, 09:33 PM
It's an often raised point, but to be honest the answer never changes.

If running costs are a major issue then simply DO NOT buy one. We are lucky that ours has always been a second car - if it was our daily runner then I simply think it wouldn't be for long !

Every persons circumstances are different, so you have to weigh up the fun versus the finances.........your call :thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
09-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Well said Spirit, totally agree on that front, if you have to ask how much.... as they say.
Personally I could have bought one and probably run one too, but the killer for me was the insurance, I really couldnt justify spending about £1k a year to run a car that really only gets used 3-4 times a week on local runs and maybe 1 longer journey a week. Cant go too far otherwise i'd fall off the the edge!
Still want one though! Mmmmm twin turbos........pantstainingtastic! :joker:

Sulli
09-05-2005, 09:54 PM
It's an often raised point, but to be honest the answer never changes.

If running costs are a major issue then simply DO NOT buy one. We are lucky that ours has always been a second car - if it was our daily runner then I simply think it wouldn't be for long !

Every persons circumstances are different, so you have to weigh up the fun versus the finances.........your call :thumbsup:

Completely agree. The VR4 is expensive to run, petrol wise (the rest isn't a worry if you are confident and handy enough to take on most of the service items).

I would love to be able to use it weekends only - keep the mileage and petrol costs down.

Hold on, I could use our Focus everyday - it looks good, is quick, handles great, and would get me 30mpg every day, as opposed to 16mpg with my daily commuting. In fact, why haven't I done this already, if I had I wouldn't be so skint?

Oh, I know, cause the VR4 is so much bloody fun, thats why :evil2: Why have it if you're not gonna drive it? The only thing in life that's fun and free, involves being naked, and that aint how I drive my car ;)

Bal
10-05-2005, 12:27 PM
patience is a virtue that i seem to have. having spent 2 nights thinking about this my plan is to sort myself out and get one. so the GLS is going up for sale in autotrader (this weekend she's going back to standard).

dunno if i should sell the rims separatly to stump up some more cash, or keep the wheels for the vr4 (yes they are also 5 stud fitment).

so im getting one. i dont care anymore. feck it all. feck it all indeed.

bernmc
10-05-2005, 12:50 PM
so im getting one. i dont care anymore. feck it all. feck it all indeed. The management have deemed that your attitude is now suitable to own a VR4. It is also deemed suitable to become a club MEMBER. Please complete the forms immediately, and post with fees!:leer:

Bal
10-05-2005, 12:58 PM
ahhh yes.

i'm suprised that noone has majorly slated me for this.

apologies i am crap. i'll admit i am crap yes i am crap. so feck it all.

girl ohhh girl ...