PDA

View Full Version : Need brake pads

Andre
10-05-2005, 04:58 AM
I need performance brake pads i have performance disc but i need brake pads ddoes anyone know where i car order online performance brake pads. Or does any one know what othe mitsubishi cars carry the same break pads ?

HJM
10-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Well you could try............................................... ...............

joining and find loads of such info in the members section :thumbsup:

You won't regret it - technical info here is very comprehensive and will save you money and wasted time (all for £20 :rolleyes4 as Nick Mann would say "Bobby Bargain")

EdmundVR4
10-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey Andre, Some models of Mitsubishi Pajero uses same front brake pads as the VR4. Also, Mitsubishi Eclipse (Turbo) & Evo IV use same front pads.
EBC Green Stuff part# DP2954
EBC Red Stuff part# DP3954
Not saying EBC is the best, but as good as stock if not better & easily available. I got mine from http://www.brakesrus.com & more recently from Pep Boys while I was in the USA. (US$59.99)
I may try Hawk or Axxis pads next. (I don't have part #'s for these)
Let me know what you get.
Edmund
PS HJM how can we pay for membership from the caribbean ???

Zeke
10-05-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm from the caribbean. You can pay by paypal.

EdmundVR4
11-05-2005, 01:11 AM
Paypal is not available from Trinidad. I don't know about the other caribbean islands!

Andre
11-05-2005, 04:37 AM
Paypal os not available in barbados

Andre
11-05-2005, 04:45 AM
How does the red stuff work ? i had green stuff the V4 edition and the copper in those pads wrp my disc .

Smokinmasta2
11-05-2005, 08:34 AM
DO NOT RED STUFF - they do not last on heavy cars!!
If you are going for EBC then get the RED STUFF CERAMIC.
Otherwise i would suggest Ferrado DS2500 - both pull really well, DS2500
may last a lttle longer.
I'm currently testing (think peeps want to see how they last on mine!) a 10 groove 3G (Brembo) and RS Ceramic combo.
I finding them a BIG improvement over the sh*t Mitsi setup............ :) :)
But as said, join the club and there are both setups availible to members.
...............so you more than make up your joining fee with the discount!!!

Smokin..........................

EdmundVR4
11-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Andre, Warping rotors seems to be a problem with most non Brembo Mitsubishi cars. I've had problems with all of my VR4's. (two E84A's & one EC5A) I think we just need bigger & better rotors & calipers...the cars are heavy & underbraked from the factory. The same brake set up was used on the Evo IV which is at least 300 lbs lighter than our cars & my Evo IV buddy also had warping rotor problems. I have only used Green Stuff pads...don't know about the Red Stuff but they are recommended for heavier cars. I have an autocross buddy with a Honda Civic SIR & he says Green Stuff are the best pads he has ever used...best modification he did on his car, but then again his car only weighs about 2600 lbs.

Zeke
11-05-2005, 06:13 PM
I have the National Racing rotors and Ferodo 2500 setup. Spirit sent me those from the UK. Best mod for my VR4 yet.

Spirit
11-05-2005, 09:41 PM
I have the National Racing rotors and Ferodo 2500 setup. Spirit sent me those from the UK. Best mod for my VR4 yet.

Glad you are happy with them mate :thumbsup:

Zeke
11-05-2005, 11:55 PM
word