PDA

View Full Version : Co2 intercooler spray !!

SGHOM
10-05-2005, 05:00 PM
It's this years must have accessory !! :thumbsup: & it's mine !! all mine !! /yes :embarasse :embarasse
I think I'll put the bottle in the N/S footwell ?? [ too far to the boot ] & have the arm button at the side of my NOS button ?
I think I'll get a couple of 'supercooled' runs at the pod from one fill. & it's only a quid to refill it !! [ or was it 2 ?? ] :embarasse

michaeli
10-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Oooooooooooooohhhh.... Nice :thumbsup:

I was thinking about investing in water spray like the evo's (once i've got the car of course!!) /yes /yes /yes

Is this cheaper? more expensive? more effective? :inquisiti

Thanks Mike :smug:

SGHOM
10-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Is this cheaper? more expensive? more effective? :inquisiti

Thanks Mike :smug:
yes........no....... & dunno yet !! :rolleyes4

SGHOM
10-05-2005, 05:26 PM
yes........no....... & dunno yet !! :rolleyes4

The All New CO2 Intercooler System. This system is capable of dropping your inlet temperature by up to 50 degrees C!. As well giving you those extra horses (as much as 30BHP + in some cases!) it also provides a safer means of increasing your turbo boost without running into that dreaded detonation.

quote curtousy of wizard of NOS................... as is the pic, my kit arrives tomorrow.

pezza
10-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Haha the gadgets/systems just dont stop in the quest to become the...errr..
fastest and most powerful Leggie in the UK? :rolleyes4

bernmc
10-05-2005, 05:49 PM
You have a) too much cash, and b) too much time on your hands, Derek! Must be working the street corners every night... or are you a secret lottery winner (in which case, you are not only a handsome man, but a powerful one too!;))

SGHOM
10-05-2005, 05:57 PM
You have a) too much cash, and b) too much time on your hands, Derek!
I do not have any money !! the bottle & solenoid are second hand. the most expensive part was the phone call !! :rolleyes4 the gap between the asking price, & the price I wanted to pay was huge !! but I got my way ! :smug:
I have no time either, the race is on to be ready for the 20th ! /help

michaeli
10-05-2005, 06:49 PM
How much?? I want one I want one I want one!!!!! :evil2:

Nick Mann
10-05-2005, 07:28 PM
it also provides a safer means of increasing your turbo boost without running into that dreaded detonation.

But it won't solve leaning out, will it? Strewth, Derek! You are going to have so many modifications on the car, that it will take months to get the power curve right on the Dyno!

"Now, I need one map for motorway cruising, one map for round town, one map for when the nitrous is in use and one for when the the CO2 is also required." :rolleyes4

Where's the 'Beat BDA at all costs' button going to be installed??!! :drummer:

SGHOM
10-05-2005, 07:37 PM
the dyno day will be one week before japshow @ the pod. by which time, all my 'other' planned mods will be complete !! ;) & .......as the car rarely see's the normal road, I'm sure I can get it fully mapped for race use. /yes

and there's more to come !! /yes

see below !! :smug:
. BANG !!
:lipsrseal :bigcry: :anxious: :uhoh2: /dunce :veryangry /wall :sad3:

tig202
11-05-2005, 01:14 AM
Ive tracked a retailer in Oz :inquisiti

http://www.alldayperformance.com.au/category144_1.htm

I was considering to do this in NZ but time did not let me explore that avenue.
You can even get a nitros look purge kit /yes

Kieran
11-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Jesus.... I kind of know what the 'Cold War' was like now.... The SGHOM vs BDA arms race is escalating!!! :rolleyes4

Me want to play too!!!! :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

tig202
11-05-2005, 01:35 AM
A Co2 air and fuel cooler is also availible and can be used on n/a cars ..... and turboed :evil2:

tig202
11-05-2005, 02:15 AM
There is a better explination of what the co2 'add ons' do here

http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sc&cid=1

SGHOM
12-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Just collected my kit from Ryan, & he's filled the bottle with NOS !!! :thumbsup: /yes
but more importantly........................ come on ?? own up ?? /help

who is it ?? COME ON !! :evil2: you know who you are ??

which member has ordered a NOS kit without telling the rest of us ?? :inquisiti :rolleyes4 :embarasse

I can find out you know ?? :leer:

Smokinmasta2
12-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Would love one............but sadly not me...............however my 'intercooler spray' is currently no go now ive seen yours!!
...........git!!

Smokin........................

psbarham
12-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Just collected my kit from Ryan, & he's filled the bottle with NOS !!! :thumbsup: /yes
but more importantly........................ come on ?? own up ?? /help

who is it ?? COME ON !! :evil2: you know who you are ??

which member has ordered a NOS kit without telling the rest of us ?? :inquisiti :rolleyes4 :embarasse

I can find out you know ?? :leer:
have a word with glen ,he would be no.1 suspect in my book, especially after reading THIS (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8763) post

TTV6VR4
12-05-2005, 11:21 PM
If you spray the intercooler it takes the temp to -200 degrees. Keeps everything nice and cool

Wodjno
13-05-2005, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlec
Just collected my kit from Ryan, & he's filled the bottle with NOS !!!
but more importantly........................ come on ?? own up ??

who is it ?? COME ON !! you know who you are ??

which member has ordered a NOS kit without telling the rest of us ??

I can find out you know ??

have a word with glen ,he would be no.1 suspect in my book, especially after reading THIS (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8763) post

No No No .. It ain't me Sir .. :inquisiti

SGHOM
13-05-2005, 06:14 PM
I think I'll start with the easy bit !! fitting the bottle. /yes cant be too difficult ?? :embarasse
this should be a fun job with no instructions !! :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4 /help

zentac
13-05-2005, 06:24 PM
just be warned, some drag strips wont let you run with bottles in the cabin. One guy at pod had to strip his out before he was allowed to run (its was in Banzi)

SGHOM
13-05-2005, 06:30 PM
just be warned, some drag strips wont let you run with bottles in the cabin. One guy at pod had to strip his out before he was allowed to run (its was in Banzi)
I know !! :thumbsup:
but somehow, Dave managed to run the pod with a home made, converted, HUGE fire extinquisher bottle in his !! /yes :rolleyes4

SGHOM
13-05-2005, 07:24 PM
just done a mock up with a few bits of pipe, & it all seems logical now............... I think ?? :embarasse
at the top, the 'tee' pieces, [4 of them] I presume, can be mounted somewhere accessible, ie; near top of intercooler or even on the bodywork somewhere ??
the bottom of the pic are the jets [4 also] now...... I'm guessing that the little bracket on them, is to fix securely, to direct the NOS/Co2 directly at the hottest part of the intercooler ?? am I correct ??

Rally205
13-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Looks good to me. I would fix the little brackets onto the front crossmember behind the bumper.

bernmc
13-05-2005, 07:50 PM
I've got 200 square meters of driveway ( I know because I've just had a quote for resurfacing it - made me go :o) if you need somewhere to work and some skilled (ahem) assistance... ;)

SGHOM
13-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Looks good to me. I would fix the little brackets onto the front crossmember behind the bumper.
sounds a good idea to me !! :thumbsup: I was thinking of removing the bumper, & mounting the jets actually in it ! you'll just see the 10mm of nozzle protruding below ?? I cannot see anywhere else they can be fitted ?? :rolleyes4

/edit
I think the red dots is where I'll mount the jets. even cooling across the intercooler, or, if I'm just bolting them to the bumper, I can adjust the angle as neccessary. the natural upslope of that part of the bumper will aslo help !!
AND !!................ it means I dont have to remove the bumper !! :thumbsup:

SGHOM
14-05-2005, 11:56 AM
four holes in my bumper !! no turning back now !! :embarasse

Smokinmasta2
14-05-2005, 12:10 PM
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dont do things by half do ya!!!???

Smokin.................

SGHOM
14-05-2005, 12:38 PM
who needs a plumber eh ?? not moi !! :smug:

SGHOM
14-05-2005, 01:32 PM
All you need then, apart from solenoid [ done ] is a big red button !!
how cool/sad is that ?? /yes :embarasse
/edit ; when It's not in use, ie; not at the pod, the jets can/will be turned around to create the most awsome purge of Co2 aimed directly at anyone who gets in my way !! :-policema :-policema :embarasse :embarasse

i'm going to the pub now !! :smug:

Kieran
16-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Derek is quickly turning into the Phantom Legnum Meddler of Old London Town, or something.... :rolleyes4 /yes

RED
17-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Just make sure you don't get the gas going up your air intake!!!!

Marcus

SGHOM
17-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Just make sure you don't get the gas going up your air intake!!!!

Marcus
the jets are quite close to the intercooler, & at speed... probably the only time i'll be using it... I dont see a problem.
a quick squirt before i set off then a couple of times whilst running ?? I dunno ? is that the best way to do it ?? :rolleyes4

wirdy
17-05-2005, 11:13 PM
Empty the bottle and make an ice sculpture in the shape of an intercooler?

Smokinmasta2
17-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Empty the bottle and make an ice sculpture in the shape of an intercooler?

Have to agree, the Impreza boys fill their top mounted 'Interwarmers' up with ice for pod runs!! ;) ;) ;)

Smokin..............

SGHOM
17-05-2005, 11:42 PM
something like that was considered !! and may be still. :rolleyes4
a kitchen utensil thingy ?? what do you call 'em ?? :rolleyes4
rectangular mesh, which folds together to grip food ?? & clips together ? :embarasse
you could put 20/30 ice cubes between the thingy, & clip it to the front of the intercooler !!

all right :rolleyes4 ........... I can hear you giggling !! :embarasse :embarasse ask me if I'm bothered ?? /grr :embarasse

SGHOM
19-05-2005, 07:58 PM
just thought I'd make sure it all worked before I wired & plumbed it all through the bulkhead into engine bay !!

and it does..............GOOD STYLE !! :thumbsup: /yes :smug:

I just need someone to press the button, whilst i stand at the front ?? :embarasse

SGHOM
19-05-2005, 08:35 PM
coolio !!

Smokinmasta2
19-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Flash git....grumble grumble grumble. Sry just jealous.............

Are you taking your grille for the racing???

Smokin..........

SGHOM
19-05-2005, 08:54 PM
and now it's ready for Japfest !! /yes :embarasse :embarasse

wirdy
20-05-2005, 12:49 AM
It's a totally crazy mod but I love it Derek.

I can just see you at the traffic lights now.

Nitrous purged psssshhhhh!!
CO2 purge.....psssssshhhhh!!

GO!!!!!!

/mad :thumbsup:

SGHOM
20-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Why is it mad ?? cheaper than water injection, & hopefully just as effective !!
the kit should have been £420, but I got it for £300. :thumbsup: including a bottle full of NOS ! :rolleyes4

enigma
20-05-2005, 09:07 AM
HOW MUCH??!

£80 of parts at the most!

I think your jets are too far away and dont cover enough of the intercooler, but apart from that it looks very cool :thumbsup:

SGHOM
20-05-2005, 09:09 AM
I think your jets are too far away and dont cover enough of the intercooler,:
I agree !! too narrow a spray pattern. but it's trial & error at the mo.
there's always the option of more jets !

zentac
20-05-2005, 10:33 AM
To be honest with you they way you have it set up its going to make no difference at all. You need one of these really....

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSNS/16035NOS.jpg

As for water injection, you can get anaquamist kit for £240 which would have much better results.

SGHOM
20-05-2005, 11:20 AM
ooh Richard !! kick a man whilst he's down why dont you !! :embarasse
I'm only playing at performance modding !! my car is more 'bling' than 'zing' !! /yes If I was really serious, my engine would be out by now !
as for my 'bubbles' ?? what on earth are they going to do to help performance ?? NOWT !! :rolleyes4
It's just all good playtime fun !!
I'm going to scare the cr@p out of a few young kiddies with the Co2 though !! :smug: /yes /yes :drummer: :evil2:

/edit; & resize your picture ! I've enough trouble scrolling up & down, without having to go sideways as well !! :embarasse

Kieran
20-05-2005, 11:46 AM
It's a totally crazy mod but I love it Derek.

I can just see you at the traffic lights now.

Nitrous purged psssshhhhh!!
CO2 purge.....psssssshhhhh!!

GO!!!!!!

/mad :thumbsup:

That twice!! :evil2: