PDA

View Full Version : Tein HA Coilovers

Steven
11-05-2005, 09:05 AM
What does everyone think of these? picked a set up near new for $850NZD is this a good buy? /help

_simon_
11-05-2005, 01:16 PM
They're about $2500 new. Are those the ones that where on trademe recently?

Steven
11-05-2005, 01:41 PM
They're about $2500 new. Are those the ones that where on trademe recently?
Yeah they are, pretty gutted though as tonight started looking into the certification whether i need to certify them or not and found out i need to set them to a height and they certify them to that height +/- 5%... wats the point in having them /grr /wall

Gly
11-05-2005, 08:37 PM
you dont have to certify them... just dont go to a vtnz or on rad testing station...
ive had adjustables in for over 1 year no cert, no probs,

also I3ooyaa dont have a cert also no probs.

Kenneth
11-05-2005, 09:16 PM
you dont have to certify them... just dont go to a vtnz or on rad testing station...
ive had adjustables in for over 1 year no cert, no probs,

also I3ooyaa dont have a cert also no probs.

me too :thumbsup:

although I havent had to WOF the VR-4 yet, got them through on my galant. VR-4 is less that 5 years old, so 1 year between WOFs yehaaa :smug:

dickytim
12-05-2005, 06:37 AM
nice choice, until you write your car off and the insurance company says "too bad, so sad, get lost"

Kenneth
12-05-2005, 06:55 AM
nice choice, until you write your car off and the insurance company says "too bad, so sad, get lost"

They could do that if your suspension had something to do with the accident, but if not you could make them pay up. Might take some time and a trip to court, but hey.

The idea is that you get your car towed to your house, remove all mods, then get the assesor to look at it :P.

"Had to remove the struts and stuff so I could tow it, honest!"

EDIT: btw, you should be able to declare them without cert also... if you declare them then you are sweet.

nobbymogs
21-05-2005, 07:59 PM
i have these on my lancer evo 2
very good shocks

ShadyNZer
21-05-2005, 11:57 PM
i just got some HKS adjusties, can u still get a warrant if u dont get them certed?? bloody $400 aye...dude i bought them off said he rang VTNZ and some other places (south is.) and they said they dont need to be certed, when i got em i rang 2 VTNZs, mag and turbo, hyper tyres and the shock shop and they all said they gotta be certed....so yeah can u get a warrant if not certed??

Gly
22-05-2005, 01:22 AM
i just got some HKS adjusties, can u still get a warrant if u dont get them certed?? bloody $400 aye...dude i bought them off said he rang VTNZ and some other places (south is.) and they said they dont need to be certed, when i got em i rang 2 VTNZs, mag and turbo, hyper tyres and the shock shop and they all said they gotta be certed....so yeah can u get a warrant if not certed??

yes you can get a wof without a cert, but its not legal.
just dont go to a vtnz or onroad to get your WOFs

dickytim
22-05-2005, 07:09 AM
"but its not legal"

That is exactly why insurance will not pay out.

There is a contract you enter into with insurance, if you break it your insurance is nul and void, as simple as that.