PDA

View Full Version : "easy job"

Big Ian
11-05-2005, 10:25 PM
:inquisiti thought i'd change my thermostat tonight.....on a 2.0 ltr it should only take about 30-45 min's inc:anti freeze and water :scholar: "easy"......
:sick: unless!...? :inquisiti

i took out the drain plug from the bottom of the radiator then i undone the 10mm bolt that support's a wire harness to the thermo's-housing, then i undone the 2 12mm bolt's that hold the housing together "easy peasy"......then it started going wrong!!
1st FeK up... your local motor factor give's you the wrong item!! /wall ...didn't notice though untill i had taken the fitted one out! :embarasse

so from their i checked my thermostat that i just taken out and it seem's to work fine with hot water in a basin :happy: ...so i thought "stuff it i'll put it back in for now",put's it in,sat the housing back in place and put the 2 12mm bolt's back in (hand tight)...
2nd FeK up...slowly tighten the bolt's and ""witt the FFFFuu..shi2...one give's in and snap's in the housing!! :evil3:
so after 90 min's,or so i had the snapped bit out and a little tip to you all who do this is,"RE-PLACE the standard bolt's with stainless one's" like i have now :smug:

so much for me and my "easy job"... :inquisiti ive also got a full service and some Black Diamond disc's N pad's to fit this weekend ......O well i'd better get ready for more FeK up's? :rolleyes4

ANTHONY
11-05-2005, 11:28 PM
looks like your in 4 a loooooong weekend......... best of luck :thumbsup:

Big Ian
12-05-2005, 10:25 PM
done my service tonight and........... :thumbsup: "not a hitch" :scholar: