PDA

View Full Version : Exhausted

The Vee
13-05-2005, 08:03 AM
Took the Mrs on a shopping trip to Meadowhall yesterday and must have walked miles - very tiring. Meanwhile (the real reason for going) just down the road, the car was having a nice stainless dual exit exhaust fitted. And the result? most impressive. They spent most of the day on it and never had a problem with me looking under the car while they were doing it. Seems to be very well made and sounds fantastic. Asked them not to make it noisy and the result is a very subtle, deep note. When driving you only hear it inside when accelerating, but when "cruising" in any gear it is quiet. Even the Mrs was impressed!! So, thoroughly recommended, thank you Interlec.

Big Ian
13-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Andy, you seem to have forgot something?
something in the way of!
:thumbsup: "PICTURE"
C'mon show us /yes

The Vee
13-05-2005, 10:30 AM
you're right - I'll try 'n get it sorted today :thumbsup:

zentac
13-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Not convinced, they didnt do a very good job on mine, it looks superb but its performace was sh*t

Wodjno
13-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Not convinced, they didnt do a very good job on mine, it looks superb but its performace was sh*t

Hope Andy doesn't mind , but he popped round to show me hisNew Zorst and i think it's "MEGA" :thumbsup: :smug: /yes

Here it is ..
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

The Vee
13-05-2005, 04:50 PM
ROFLMAO.
YOU PLONKA WODJ :thumbsup:

pezza
13-05-2005, 05:03 PM
ROFLMAO.
YOU PLONKA WODJ :thumbsup:

Hmm you said duels? Is the other pipe detachable? :D

What does it sound like Andy? dodge viper? ac cobra? :rolleyes4

The Vee
13-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Hmm you said duels? Is the other pipe detachable? :D

What does it sound like Andy? dodge viper? ac cobra? :rolleyes4

Tis duals but unfortunately Wodj's missus only has one linnen basket shaped like a back box :embarasse . Funny how she seemed to think we were like a pair of kids :rolleyes4 :huh2: :shocked:
proper pix soon.

HJM
13-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Well done Andy :thumbsup: That's quite a big mod for you :inquisiti

I'm booked into Powerflow at Yeovil this Thursday for a back box (hope the result is like yours - can't have it too loud for trackdays :rolleyes4 )

What is it about this Japfest do - done more work on the car in the last two weeks than in the previous year :drummer:

The Vee
13-05-2005, 06:23 PM
proper pix!

HJM Know just what you mean. Got the whole interior out at the mo for cleaning and fitting more sound proofing. Fed up with all the road noise the galant seems to have :drummer:

psbarham
13-05-2005, 06:46 PM
does that now mean they have a pattern for the v6 ? and more importantly HOW MUCH?

The Vee
13-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Not sure if they actually make a pattern, but now having done one, suspect they may be slightly quicker. But they do listen to what you want and you can choose tailpipes , back boxes , duals, singles etc. This was all originally set up by Interlec for club members and offers a substantial saving over many. Membership would be paid several times over for any non members :drummer: :thumbsup: Book thru Interlec, I'll PM you more info PSB

psbarham
13-05-2005, 07:24 PM
I'll PM you more info PSB
don't worry mate , you only live down the road so i'll be over tonight with a hacksaw and a set of adjustables ;) :evil2:

The Vee
13-05-2005, 07:33 PM
don't worry mate , you only live down the road so i'll be over tonight with a hacksaw and a set of adjustables ;) :evil2:

You gonna be wearing that rubber suit again?

..............>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
It's plugged into the mains :thumbsup: :rolleyes4

psbarham
13-05-2005, 07:35 PM

..............>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
It's plugged into the mains :thumbsup: :rolleyes4
thats a shocking way to treat visitors

bernmc
13-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Ye gods. SOmething kinky going on between you two eh?

"Well He-lloooo big boy... nice suit ;)"

Big Ian
13-05-2005, 08:22 PM
:thumbsup: Lookin good Andy

have they added an extra box or is it a straight (with bend's :rolleyes4 ) feed from the one box on the original side?

The Vee
13-05-2005, 08:50 PM
:thumbsup: Lookin good Andy

have they added an extra box or is it a straight (with bend's :rolleyes4 ) feed from the one box on the original side?

Yep, fed from box on one side. quite impreesed with gas flow, seems about even :thumbsup:

Physician
13-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Nice Andy ........ and appropriate for the V6-24 - rather than the twins each side for the VR4's. Yours looks similar to the Mondeo ST's.

I suspect that Zentac is quite correct regarding performance. I'm now convinced that my performance at lower revs is considerably compromised. Just why this should happen, I'm not sure being a non-techie but I'm not overly concerned with a second either way from 0-60.

At the end of the day a s/s exhaust cat back for £450 is excellent value and all credit to Derek for making the arrangements.

Spirit
13-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Looks wicked Andy, well done mate :thumbsup:

The Vee
15-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Cheers Guys, But a Mondeo ST /help :rolleyes4

Kieran
16-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Dammit - More temptation!! :embarasse

pezza
16-05-2005, 01:57 PM
Nice backend :leer:

Wossit sound like Andy? No sound clip for us sickos? /help

Are You also getting that resonance and boom inside the car mid rev range?

Is that dynamat (sp?) stuff still available? :inquisiti

pezza
23-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Andy yer zorst sounds and loox superb...

Nice note and tone when you tore down the slip road onto the track...

You must be very pleased with it :happy: