PDA

View Full Version : The POD today

enigma
14-05-2005, 04:48 PM
What a cool day! There were less than 100 cars there, plenty of space and you could run as often as you liked! Rich ran 6 times before 11am!!! /yes :thumbsup:

Anyway, some good results as well!

Rich (zentac) 13.472

See video (http://www.babybda.co.uk/images/Videos/Rich13_472.wmv)

Nick ~14.3 which is cracking for his 'standard' car in full road trim!

I ran a 14.3 with Richs spare wheels and tools in the car and a 14.1 in 'road trim' ie full interior, full tank of petrol and not a sniff of Cool Blue or nitrous to be seen! Awesome!

I have some gtech/apexi/real times to post but I will do those elsewhere.

zentac
14-05-2005, 04:56 PM
I am happy with that time for now.... I have the fastest and most powerfull FTO in the UK ;)

http://www.mitsubishi-fto.net/qmile/slips/richard_batty.jpg

SGHOM
14-05-2005, 05:01 PM
2.159 to 60ft ?? getting better, but you still need more traction !! /yes
1.6 1.8 is the target figure to run 12's :thumbsup:

zentac
14-05-2005, 05:02 PM
2.159 to 60ft ?? getting better, but you still need more traction !! /yes
1.6 1.8 is the target figure to run 12's :thumbsup:

Launches like that are impossible in a FWD car, but if you and Dave can reduce your times by over a second by addind Nos, I dont see why I cant ;)

SGHOM
14-05-2005, 05:05 PM
so it's you then ?? :evil2: /yes /yes

Just collected my kit from Ryan, & he's filled the bottle with NOS !!!
but more importantly........................ come on ?? own up ??

who is it ?? COME ON !! you know who you are ??

which member has ordered a NOS kit without telling the rest of us ??

I can find out you know ??

Wodjno
14-05-2005, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=bigdaveakers]
Nick ~14.3 which is cracking for his 'standard' car in full road trim!
[/QUOTE ]

Jeeeez .. Thats an awesome time .. :rolleyes4 /yes

From a standard car you say .?? :inquisiti

Or a Modded Car in Standard trim . :inquisiti

Nick i reckon from the Gtech figures you posted and the results from the Pod..
You should start searching in your engine bay for either a Manual boost controller or a Chip of some kind .. /yes And it ain't a McCains :rolleyes4

Nick Mann
14-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Jeeeez .. Thats an awesome time .. :rolleyes4 /yes

From a standard car you say .?? :inquisiti

Or a Modded Car in Standard trim . :inquisiti

Nick i reckon from the Gtech figures you posted and the results from the Pod..
You should start searching in your engine bay for either a Manual boost controller or a Chip of some kind .. /yes And it ain't a McCains :rolleyes4

I believed it to be standard power-wise when I bought it, but with those figures I don't think it can be? That was road trim - i.e. tools in the boot, spare wheel, fire extinguisher, etc. I got a 14.5 with the stereo and air-con running!

Had a quick look for a boost controller, didn't turn anything up. (BDA, Marcus and Derek couldn't find it either!) I am thinking I must have an aftermarket chip or something, but don't know what yet.

Have been smiling all day though, should be competitive at the pod for the non-nitroused VR4 competition!

I do need to spend some time working out what makes my times so good?

zentac
14-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Have been smiling all day though, should be competitive at the pod for the non-nitroused VR4 competition!

Not if I get to enter.... what was the comment you made today

im beating him, im beating him, 3rd gear...... sh*t there he goes again !

Wodjno
15-05-2005, 12:30 AM
I do need to spend some time working out what makes my times so good?
I reckon you got some kind of CHIP in there Nick /yes I ran a 14.5 at the POD last year and that was running with roughly 12-13psi of boost.. :rolleyes4
So grab yourself a boost gauge and get it connected .. :thumbsup: And if it shows that your running 6 to 7 psi :inquisiti

Then i should start looking for some sort of "Light Weight Space Age Technology Chassis" :huh2: :huh: :shocked: /yes

Spirit
15-05-2005, 03:29 AM
Agree with the guys.....14.3 is impressive Nick :thumbsup:

Maybe a Unichip or something I guess ? Could whip the kickpanel off and see if the ECU is standard or if it has a piggyback of some sort ?

enigma
15-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Agree with the guys.....14.3 is impressive Nick :thumbsup:

Maybe a Unichip or something I guess ? Could whip the kickpanel off and see if the ECU is standard or if it has a piggyback of some sort ?

Had the kick panel off last week at the Warwick meet, and no non standard wiring was found.......therefore no piggyback! Still maybe an updated ECU though. Either that or Nicks 260BHP is being put straight on the road with a super duper frictionless drivetrain!

Nick Mann
15-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Richard, you know you can't enter - you'll have nitrous by then! :rolleyes4 And as everyone keeps saying, whilst your roller skate is very nice and very quick, it ain't a VR4!! But I do wish I'd have had a bit more power in 3rd gear!

I think it must be the ECU. But do I need to dismantle the car to get it out? We could see it after removing the kick-panel, but I couldn't see how to get it out?

enigma
15-05-2005, 10:06 PM
But I do wish I'd have had a bit more power in 3rd gear!

Third is the killer on the strip........you spend 5 seconds in 1st and 2nd, then an agonising 7 or so in 3rd. Nitrous helps this a little :smug:

Wodjno
15-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Don't know if anyone else noticed and i can't say i have noticed it B4 , :inquisiti But look what it says on the 5th and 6th Line down from the top of his Slip. :inquisiti :rolleyes4 :huh2: :thinking: :lipsrseal /wave

zentac
16-05-2005, 07:04 AM
yeah they have just started doing this at POD but Ive not seen it imposed yet. Other strips make you wear them regardless of top speed.

enigma
16-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Just been looking at your slip Rich.......exactly the same top speed down to the 1/100 of an mph, and 0.7 seconds behind all the way from 330ft to the finish. Quite interesting!

zentac
16-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Just been looking at your slip Rich.......exactly the same top speed down to the 1/100 of an mph, and 0.7 seconds behind all the way from 330ft to the finish. Quite interesting!

As Ive been saying all along the launch is everything! and where Im loosing all my time.

enigma
16-05-2005, 04:33 PM
But you were only 0.3 behind at 60ft? :p

Sulli
16-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Great times there Nick.
Tell me, how does that compare to your G-Tech figures?
Sorry I couldn't make it - but MOT in the morning and missus birthday, so no chance really - tempting though it was to sneak a 14.4 in ;)

enigma
16-05-2005, 04:53 PM
The times were not a million miles out, but the mph were. Both were optimistic though.

zentac
16-05-2005, 06:22 PM
But you were only 0.3 behind at 60ft? :p So its my time to 330ft that is letting me down, which is probably 1st and 2nd gear.