PDA

View Full Version : getting my bubbles to work !!

SGHOM
16-05-2005, 10:10 PM
as I'm only getting 50% of overfuelling through my twin pipes, my flamers are pathetic............ err........... non existant. :embarasse
I'm thinking of spraying some propellant direct into the exhaust to simulate the extra fuel I need, & standing back & lighting the blue touch paper !! /help :rolleyes4
Am I mad ?? ..... dont answer that !! :embarasse I think a good shot of WD40, & fire up the flamers to see what happens !!

I'll let you know the results........ If I live ! :evil2: :evil2:

bernmc
16-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Dropped on the head in your formative years I believe.

SGHOM
16-05-2005, 11:32 PM
i'm trying to recreate the formation of the universe !! the big bang !! /yes :embarasse :embarasse

wirdy
16-05-2005, 11:56 PM
There's a kit that uses butane cartridges for blowtorches etc. Saw some at the Donny show.
You get 6-10ft flames :thumbsup:

HJM
17-05-2005, 06:57 AM
There's a kit that uses butane cartridges for blowtorches etc. Saw some at the Donny show.
You get 6-10ft flames :thumbsup:

That'll be the kit for Derek - no doubt at least two kits per tailpipe :rolleyes4

-LegnumVR4-
17-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Er... what the hell are u UK guys on over there? :rolleyes4 :inquisiti :happy:

Brunty
17-05-2005, 01:33 PM

....a good shot of WD40....

Always gets you in the mood /yes

wirdy
17-05-2005, 01:52 PM

Laughing gas (nitrous oxide) :rolleyes4 .....need I say more?

BraindG
17-05-2005, 03:00 PM
i think its the change in temprature.. hot weather does weird things to us... :inquisiti

Kieran
17-05-2005, 03:09 PM
i think its the change in temprature.. hot weather does weird things to us... :inquisiti

I'VE BOUGHT A STUPIDLY OLD GALANT!!! YIPEE!!! :joker: :joker: :inquisiti

:embarasse /Ahem, I think barry is right... warm weather does do funny things to us brits!! :rolleyes4 /yes /lol /help

SGHOM
17-05-2005, 05:53 PM
I wonder if a couple of these could be adapted ?? :rolleyes4

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4122&item=6179097158&rd=1&tc=photo

HJM
17-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Now Yer "Cookin' on Gas" :thumbsup:

Ok I'll get my coat and follow Derek out of the room :joker:

SGHOM
17-05-2005, 06:33 PM
you may all mock, but I dont care !! /grr
I'm off out now to find butane canisters/kits !! it will be mounted in my car at the side of the intercooler spray bottle, & then piped to the rear. then, split into 2 parts, & drilled & tapped into my silencers, just behind the spark plug !!
If that dont get me flames at the touch of a button............ plan Z :embarasse :embarasse

SGHOM
19-05-2005, 05:59 PM
fit's in nicely does that !! :thumbsup:
now...... decision time ? do I take all the pipework to the front of the car and fit a shut off tap/valve, so I can use it whilst driving !! /yes
or just run the pipes to the back boxes, & plumb/ drill spray nozzles into them, just behind the spark plugs ??

whichever way..................... :devil: :rifle: :evil2: :evil2:

enigma
19-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Car boom! :evil2:

Spirit
19-05-2005, 09:37 PM
/mental reminder.......park away from Derek at Japfest /yes :rolleyes4 :evil2:

Jimbo
19-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Oh good grief /lol

I half expect Derek to arrive at Japfest wearing a Burberry baseball cap! /lol /lol

Kenneth
19-05-2005, 11:15 PM
You should get a couple of those rc jet engines... you can run them off just about anything that burns, and you get flames,noise and some nice extra thrust :D

I don't remember what the exact thrust output was, but it used approx 1Litre for 10 minutes of use and I remember being impressed with the thrust.

SGHOM
19-05-2005, 11:19 PM
a fine/moderate mist of propane/butane will do nicely thankyou !! :thumbsup:
just as long as my jets, mounted and pointing rearwards, are a few inches before my igniters, then I think my unspent fuel, with a little assistance, should work fine !! /yes :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

wirdy
20-05-2005, 12:59 AM
I think you need to bin the regulator Derek.
You'll need full pressure to get decent flames.

I'd recommend a gas solenoid valve that can be pulsed on and off with your finger on a dashboard switch. I would think a pneumatics supplier would have one suitable.

It's a nice little gas bottle.

jbmitchell
20-05-2005, 07:56 AM
Strange, I expected this to be about mint aeros ...

Big Ian
20-05-2005, 08:12 AM
/mental reminder.......park away from Derek at Japfest /yes :rolleyes4 :evil2:
/help
has someone got a... :inquisiti flame resist suit that i can borrow for sitting next to Derek on one of his trip's round japfest? /yes

SGHOM
20-05-2005, 09:04 AM
you'll be pleased to know Ian, my 'bubbles' will not be making their debut at japfest ! japshow.... yes !! /yes :embarasse :embarasse

ako
25-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Here's one way to do things which Ive seen done before.. Rough, but works a treat.

Its simple really, all it involves is a relay and a switch.

Switch: Activated at 0 throttle.

Relay: Goes to one of your coils... And diverts to the coil you have activating the spark plug in your exhaust. Relay switched by, funnily enough, the switch above.

Jist of it all: Flames only happen when shifting gears/backing off (makes them actually look authentic and not like a 2F2F reject), and looks like a great huge welding torch out the back. Flames are fuelled by the unburnt fuel from whatever cylinder you have being de sparked. More flames: Kill off another cylinder.

Bit safer in my books than carrying propane around and injecting it into your exhaust!

SGHOM
25-06-2005, 03:19 PM
seem to be working fine at the moment !! :thumbsup: /yes /yes

wirdy
26-06-2005, 01:00 AM
Is that with gas Derek? or just petrol?

ako
26-06-2005, 01:56 AM
Oh thats brilliant. Well done :D

Have to get the video of rhys popping a 3 foot flame whilst playing follow the leader round some hills online methinks :evil2:

SGHOM
26-06-2005, 08:01 AM
Is that with gas Derek? or just petrol?
just petrol............. no gas !! :thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
27-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Dont you find replacing your rear bumper every time you light up a bit expensive???

SGHOM
27-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Dont you find replacing your rear bumper every time you light up a bit expensive???
If I had to replace the bumper.... which I dont !! it would be worth every penny !! :thumbsup: If I had any pennies, that is. :embarasse :embarasse

mitzylongboy
18-07-2005, 06:06 PM
i know i'm new to all this but i thought those kits only worked on n/a engines?

Jimbo
18-07-2005, 07:14 PM
More to do with how rich your fuel mixture is, I would say.....or in Derek and Nigel's case, how many gallons of unburnt fuel you can get dripping out the exhaust /lol

ANTHONY
18-07-2005, 08:26 PM
if you are gonna use propane whatabout rigging up a bbq in the back... you could then sell some hotdogs

ANTHONY
18-07-2005, 08:30 PM
we'r all dooomed i tell ya dooomed

sal
29-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Here's one way to do things which Ive seen done before.. Rough, but works a treat.

Its simple really, all it involves is a relay and a switch.

Switch: Activated at 0 throttle.

Relay: Goes to one of your coils... And diverts to the coil you have activating the spark plug in your exhaust. Relay switched by, funnily enough, the switch above.

Jist of it all: Flames only happen when shifting gears/backing off (makes them actually look authentic and not like a 2F2F reject), and looks like a great huge welding torch out the back. Flames are fuelled by the unburnt fuel from whatever cylinder you have being de sparked. More flames: Kill off another cylinder.

Bit safer in my books than carrying propane around and injecting it into your exhaust!

how would u kill the coil from a coil pack? and wouldnt the exhaust be hot enough (mebbe at the turbine level) to ignite the unburnt fuel without the need for a sparkplug?