PDA

View Full Version : cambelt costs

kornstar
17-05-2005, 04:45 AM
i went to the local mitsi dealer and service centre in hamz and asked about prices on a cambelt replacement, labour only because i have the parts, and they said around $330, does this sound right?

i also enquired about prices on full service and they said around $180 possibly more?

Gly
17-05-2005, 05:35 AM
yeh 330 sounds right, i got quoted 300-400 labour only to get mine done, and another 300ish for parts....

what do you get with a full service???

kornstar
17-05-2005, 05:48 AM
after reading some posts in the dealers section ive realised i need to have alook at the warrenty side of things, as the car still has around 18mnth warranty ill need to find the apropriate service centre but im sure the hamilton mitsi dealer will be ok, that was a B service for around 180, more if i wanted AYC done etc...

dickytim
17-05-2005, 05:54 AM
did that include doing the water pump and tensioner ?

These items are a must when doing the cam belt on the VR4.

$180 sounds about right for a service, this would probably not include plugs ($25each) plus 1-1.5 hrs alone if you work on a rate of $60 an hour for labour (reasonable for a dealer service) also $60+ for the oil (Castrol RS synthetic for example) $30 for a oil filter, and sump washer, also if you are doing the belts (recomended if you are having the cam belt done) $40 more.

For a FULL service including plugs you would be looking at more like,

$180 labour
$60-80 Oil
$30 oil filter
$150 plugs
$90 (extra labour for plugs)
$40 belts

BTW don't flame me saying that "I can get it done for half the price" this is what you would normally pay for a dealership service, if all these items are required.

And I can get it done for 1/4 :P

Just saw your post now, B service is a glorified oil change, just a little more indepth, resetting the idle etc, checking emissions, checking the front row of plugs etc.

kornstar
17-05-2005, 09:25 AM
it already has new plugs on it,:thumbsup: and im not sure if that includes the water pump but already have the tensioner.
anychance for hookups dickytim!! just jokes.
i spose i have to be a full member on here to get all the info on the do's and donts's on the vr4 in terms of servicing?
ill go get the visa:happy: .
anything else i shoud get looked at?