PDA

View Full Version : Any help appreciated

evlgsr
18-05-2005, 10:28 AM
hi guys

My names is christian,
I live in melbourne Vic

I am currently trying to find out info on galant VR4 engines
I am looking at the V6 twin turbo model and have the understanding that there are a couple of different models.

2.0 twin tubo
2.5 litre twin turbo

also these motors had a swap of design (gearbox left to right)

Can anyone help me with this information as ia m looking at an engine swap into my lancer.

Piks of both motors would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys

Christian

Nick Mann
18-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Pretty much everyone here with a turbo's engine has the 2.5 V6. It is the 6A13TT. I think the 2.0 is the 6A12TT, but don't quote me on that.

I am sure that if you look in members cars, or in the gallery, you will find many pictures of the 6A13TT.

The 6A13 has the gearbox on the left side of the car (right as you look stood in front of it!) but not sure about the 6A12. The 6A13 seems to be back to front from most mitsubishis, so could be different from the 6A12, I don't know.

Have a look round the site, do some searches and come back with questions you can't find answers to.

What do you want to know for?

The Vee
18-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Yep the 6A12 does indeed sit the other way round. ie gearbox on drivers side if you're looking at a RHD car.

evlgsr
18-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Pretty much everyone here with a turbo's engine has the 2.5 V6. It is the 6A13TT. I think the 2.0 is the 6A12TT, but don't quote me on that.

I am sure that if you look in members cars, or in the gallery, you will find many pictures of the 6A13TT.

The 6A13 has the gearbox on the left side of the car (right as you look stood in front of it!) but not sure about the 6A12. The 6A13 seems to be back to front from most mitsubishis, so could be different from the 6A12, I don't know.

Have a look round the site, do some searches and come back with questions you can't find answers to.

What do you want to know for?

I'm putting this motor in my lancer gsr.
I was told there was a 2.5 litre but not the 6A13TT but i was pretty sure they only come in 2 litre form.
6A12TT is the 2litre from memory. Kinda had my heart set on a 2.5 though so ill have to see what i can do
Also do you know if the evo gearboxs bolt up to these motors?

The Vee
18-05-2005, 12:14 PM
If memory serves me correctly, I think there was a 2.5 in a 4wd 7g galant. Not sure what engine it was and don't think it was a turbo. I'll see if I can dig out some info but thet were a scarce old beast ( in UK anyway)

evlgsr
18-05-2005, 12:23 PM
If memory serves me correctly, I think there was a 2.5 in a 4wd 7g galant. Not sure what engine it was and don't think it was a turbo. I'll see if I can dig out some info but thet were a scarce old beast ( in UK anyway)

Thanks heaps guys for all your help
Much appreciated.

Keep in touch

Christian