PDA

View Full Version : Missing Japfest

enigma
19-05-2005, 10:25 AM
OK, today is the due date for Baby BDA - still no signs that he is going to check himself out though. I have been saying for the last few weeks that if there are no signs of arrival that I will get myself down to Japfest and have a jolly good day out. Now with less than 48 hours remaining I have had a change of heart. I just cant bring myself to drive 140 miles away from Helen when things could start at any moment without warning. It just simply wouldn't be fair for me to leave at 4am on Saturday and not return until late. It would be even more unfair of me to have to rush back in a knackered state and then be drowsy through Helens labour for the next x hours. So I am afraid I am going to have to give this weekend a miss. Its as much as I can do to leave Helen on her own while I go to work at the moment, let alone 'stranding' her in favour of my car. I think I have come across all responsible or something.

Sorry guys

BraindG
19-05-2005, 11:40 AM
good descision Dave! fingers crossed baby bda arrives shortly :thumbsup:

Simon
19-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Sensible :thumbsup:

Good Luck Helen....... :happy:

Jimbo
19-05-2005, 11:51 AM
I think I have come across all responsible or something.

Hehe, don't worry I assure you it'll wear off! /lol

You'll be missed on Saturday for sure, but your priorities are most definitely straight, I wouldn't give it a second thought :thumbsup:

ritch_w
19-05-2005, 12:54 PM
your doing the right thing Dave :thumbsup: you really dont want to miss the birth of baby BDA - japfest will still be there next year!

BTW my mates wife had no4 yesterday, he had to make a mad dash to the maternaty hospital with his missus, abandon his car in the ambulance bay, starsky & hutch style, 30 mins later baby boy pops oot, and the car is still idling in the ambulance bay!! :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

Big Ian
19-05-2005, 12:58 PM
/yes no-one can argue with your decision Dave
best wishes to you both and we hope you'v not long to wait now :thumbsup:

ritch_w
19-05-2005, 01:09 PM
some tips for Helen to help her on her way;

loads of castor oil (or should it be castrol???)
a hot curry
s3x??

or get her to (carefully) mow the lawn - worked for my missus on our 1st ( i went mental when i found out!!)

BraindG
19-05-2005, 02:13 PM
raspberry (or strawberry) leave tea/pills - i bought some 2 days before fay was born, betty drunk about 10 cups, and she was born.. Perhaps a coincidence, but its an old wifies tale...

enigma
19-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Raspberry leaf tea has been in action for weeks, We have been out for a Chinese, had curry last night and Helen has eaten 5 pineapples in the last week........still nothing! I suppose he will check out when he is good and ready. Perhaps what he needs is a few hot laps round Coombe?

Brunty
19-05-2005, 04:04 PM
... and Helen has eaten 5 pineapples in the last week........still nothing!

My Brother's wife is due soon, it sounded painful when she mentioned she'd got plenty of pineapples incase the baby was delayed....I'm with you now.

Very best wishes Dave and Helen.

Polabear
19-05-2005, 04:40 PM
The right and only decision to make Dave.... :thumbsup: and you know what I mean about that after what we talked about on MSN.. good man yourself... /yes

Missbitchy
19-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Sorry to hear you BOTH won't be with us,we hope everything goes well for you when the time comes.

Babys come when their ready. I had so many drugs when they showed me Conor he could have been a water melon all I said "oh lovely " and passed out!!!!

But to this day I can't remember any pain !!!!

Cant bring my self to eat water melons though !!!!!!!!!!

Thinking of you both :love: enjoy you last few hours of being a couple :tiny: :baby:

/wave

Shaz Pete & Conor :thumbsup:

Quad Al
19-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Respect for standing by your Lady,
All the very best to you all (3 of you!).
Don't worry about Japfest, We'll tell you all about it later. :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
19-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Vicky says..............."about bluddy time you saw sense!!!!" /grr

"Hope it goes well for all of you. Send our love to Helen and baby BDA" :smitten:

RED
19-05-2005, 10:06 PM
A fine decision Mr Akers :thumbsup: although you will be missed Helen and :baby: baby BDA must come first and oh boy from a woman's point of view you have just scored a bullseye in the caring man catagorie /yes

Hope you don't have to wait to long for the happy event - Em was 5 days overdue and then still had to be "persuaded" to come out but wow what a feeling when she did :smug: /yes

Take care and love to you both

Jane, Marcus and Em :happy: