PDA

View Full Version : thinking of buying this..? need help

ShadyNZer
20-05-2005, 09:17 AM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=27590115

3" exhaust, whaddya reckon?? good buy? whats some things i should check for cos i might go check it out....im pretty keen, just need a lil push i think...
hopefully one of yas dont take the buy now :thumbsup:

cheers

ShadyNZer
21-05-2005, 11:53 PM
nobody :(

dickytim
22-05-2005, 01:07 AM
looks good and $400 for a full exhaust is not bad, doesn't look to include the engine pipes, look for holes obviously, and a reason why the guy is selling it. ie is it too loud etc.

-LegnumVR4-
22-05-2005, 07:32 AM
With the stock frontpipe and cat the noise level should be fine. Should have a nice deep rumble. When i did a test with a barrel type muffler the noise level was really loud in the cabin, really droning. That was without a factory frontpipe and cat.

Also ask if it 3" straight thru the muffler, some drop the sizing down heaps in the muffler to dull the noise, this also has an effect on power. My muffler has this, looking at changing it.

Rhys

Pete M
24-05-2005, 11:56 PM
I think an exhaust any louder than stock is asking for trouble. At the moment the police are jumping on any performance cars that look like they might be 'boy racer' material. The first thing they will see and hear is the exhaust. Watch their eyes light up and pull you over. For the possible performance gain, it's not worth it. Let the idiots have their loud droning exhausts, stay cool and quiet and don't get hassled.

dickytim
25-05-2005, 06:45 AM
that is a perception that I hear, I drive my car, with no tail pipe (rear box, rear muffler) around East Tamaki, most weekends, the car is not overly loud just a good rumble realy, the cops couldn't car a less, with the exhaust laws how they are they are wasting their time trying to fine you, The cops drive beside me, as soon as they see a skyline or WRX the chase them down, VR4's are the ultimate sleeper, they don't expect BS from you, especially a wagon.

zentac
25-05-2005, 07:31 AM
Personally I wouldnt bother, isnt there anyone over there that makes custom made complete stainless systems?

ShadyNZer
25-05-2005, 08:29 PM
yeah but theyre bout $900 - $1200 i think, for only 4 hundy, sounds pretty good

-LegnumVR4-
26-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Go for it, if u have the stock front pipe and cat still on u'll be fine for noise, if it has that Jasma plate stamped on it ur fine.

ShadyNZer
26-05-2005, 09:17 PM
yeah ive told him ill buy it...
i dont know what bits youre talking about lol...whats the jasma plate look like so i know to look for it??

-LegnumVR4-
27-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Its just a small plate about 60mm long by 20mm bottom of the muffler. Has the word Jasma or something to that effect stamped on it, quite bling looking. It's a standard that Japan have for exhaust systems. I would think Apexi would have it.

ShadyNZer
27-05-2005, 12:24 PM
oh ok, cheers ill keep an eye out for it tomorrow....

ShadyNZer
28-05-2005, 06:19 AM
hmmm got the exhaust, hasnt got that jasma thingy on it...is it a biggie if it hasnt?? ahhh well hopefully get it fitted on monday should be sweet, everything looks straight on it so yerrr....wheres the decat pipe go if i was to put it on??

Edit: theres a lil plate underneath on the muffler that has numbers on it but doesnt have jasma, it has the apexi logo...that it???

ShadyNZer
30-05-2005, 04:38 AM
sweet got it fitted today for $70 from pit stop in manukau, sounds all good :thumbsup:

kornstar
30-05-2005, 04:40 AM
any change in performance or was this just a sound thing?

ShadyNZer
30-05-2005, 08:01 AM
the sounds a lil more gruntier, can def hear the difference...as for performance havent really noticed anything much...

ShadyNZer
30-05-2005, 09:37 AM
which part of the exhaust does the decat pipe go into? just wondering...still got mine sitting here forgot to take it to pit stop with me...