PDA

View Full Version : Moving to india ...

Bal
20-05-2005, 01:44 PM
looks like i might be emigrating ... lol. if work can sort me out a job in our india office i want to go.

if i do i guess im exporting my car. now this is gonna be funny.

need to find out what crap petrol they use over there. what you reckon??

lol

enigma
20-05-2005, 02:03 PM
looks like i might be emigrating ... lol. if work can sort me out a job in our india office i want to go.

if i do i guess im exporting my car. now this is gonna be funny.

need to find out what crap petrol they use over there. what you reckon??

lol

I reckon you should stay here /yes

Is the norm not for people to move the other way for the better wages? We have a few Indians that work in our office and do very nicely thank you very much for their families back home.

I guess the cost of living is favourable, but only if you get a UK salary!

As for petrol /help

Bal
21-05-2005, 09:17 AM
it's not a perminent thing. just to help out our india office cos they arent doing to well.

Nick VR4
21-05-2005, 12:02 PM
it's not a perminent thing. just to help out our india office cos they arent doing to well.

Would it be worth all the hassle of getting your car over there and then back again if your not staying out there

I did a quick search on Google and the highest octane I could find was 91 and they class that as High :inquisiti

I-S
21-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Nick - the same is true of hte USA though (91 highest), but it's actually a slightly different rating to RON. I don't know the details, but 91 on that scale is about 97 RON... something to do with taking account of other hydrocarbons, etc...

psbarham
21-05-2005, 06:56 PM
i remeber reading somewheremany years ago about the strange import rules they have in india , it basically ensures that if you live in india you only buy things that are made in india , it means that they tax anything imported into the country too death . the example i read about was that in the mid '90s a 320 bmw cost over £100000 and yes that is the right amount of zeros :embarasse . of course this may not apply to items personally imported but if it does it looks like you'll be driving a morris oxford or the fine beast that is a montego :inquisiti . the other funny fact i found out about india was that disc brakes were illegal , because in a country with a sh!t load of old cars all fitted with drum brakes , anything with disc brakes that can stop twicwe as fast as anything else would cause quite a few problems :rolleyes4

Bal
22-05-2005, 04:04 PM
uh so i guess the car wont go with me if i go.

Paul Beazer
25-05-2005, 10:00 PM
the other funny fact i found out about india was that disc brakes were illegal , because in a country with a sh!t load of old cars all fitted with drum brakes , anything with disc brakes that can stop twicwe as fast as anything else would cause quite a few problems :rolleyes4
Anyone converted from dicks to drums then?? Perhaps Brembo do some 4 pot drums??? :rolleyes4

strangebat
25-05-2005, 10:19 PM
I have a mate who works all over the world installing deisel generators, and if the deisel in India is anything to go by then I wouldn't use the petrol to power a scooter, they change the filters on their gennys every week :anxious:

Kieran
25-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Anyone converted from dicks to drums then??...

Now there's a typo and a half, Paul!............................

Paul Beazer
27-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Now there's a typo and a half, Paul!............................

Oops, still hope it gave someone a chuckle!!

Trow
29-05-2005, 01:45 AM
Oops, still hope it gave someone a chuckle!!
Heheheh it made me laugh. :thumbsup: