PDA

View Full Version : Japfest Update

Simon
20-05-2005, 10:53 PM
i can confirm that everyone "so far" has arrived safely :thumbsup: and they are now drinking the bar dry! :rolleyes4 Sore heads in morning!?! /yes

BraindG
21-05-2005, 09:48 PM
weeee :D - as i type, the hardcore of the bunch are back at the IBIS hotel bar drinking! :evil2:

zedy1
21-05-2005, 09:50 PM
im back home too :scholar:

Quad Al
21-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Back home also. Cheers Zedy For the support. Pm you very soon.
Top day out, some good track time, some good laughs and some dented pride!
WTF :evil2:
See you all soon.

BraindG
21-05-2005, 10:58 PM
yeah, sorry about losing you guy at the start, we had a 50/50 chance of taking the right way to the m4... obviously we blew it.. oops, im officially sacked.

We ended up going along the M4, hit the M5 and headed north... two stops were required, one for fuel, change fay.. and secondly a P-Stop and feed fay stop..

I was super suprised to actually bump into you guys on the way up... but you gave Fay her first 120mph experience :p

Kieran
22-05-2005, 04:38 PM
i can confirm that everyone "so far" has arrived safely :thumbsup: and they are now drinking the bar dry! :rolleyes4 Sore heads in morning!?! /yes

We were fine, Guv!! :drummer: Fresh as daisies we were, the next morning! Eh Derek?! :embarasse /help

Physician
22-05-2005, 04:50 PM
................... Eh Derek?! :embarasse /help

Sounds ominous lol !

ANTHONY
22-05-2005, 05:30 PM
we got home safe sat nite................... thanks for a great 1st meet will defently be back for more :thumbsup:

SGHOM
22-05-2005, 05:40 PM
me home too !! just !! :embarasse :embarasse

522 miles later !! /yes

Spirit
22-05-2005, 05:40 PM
We got home around 8.00pm last night, having made a food/petrol stop at Bristol.....and bumped into a couple of UJCC guys there too.

Weather was awful on the way back too - torrential rain again :embarasse

Anyhow, unpacked the car but was too knackered to post - and fell asleep on the sofa by 9.30 :rolleyes4

Got up at 5.30am this morning, jetwashed the car and headed off for another car show........and guess what.....bloody raining again........pah !!!!!! What a weekend.....bloody knackered, bloody skint, bloody loved it :thumbsup:

SGHOM
22-05-2005, 05:42 PM
.....bloody knackered, bloody skint, bloody loved it :thumbsup:
ditto !! :thumbsup:

HJM
22-05-2005, 06:23 PM
.....bloody knackered, bloody skint, bloody loved it :thumbsup:

Now that truly is CVR4 summed up - we should get some T Shirts made with that on :rolleyes4

Smokinmasta2
22-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Now that truly is CVR4 summed up - we should get some T Shirts made with that on :rolleyes4

Sounds good to me.................!!!
Anyone get any video of our track action??
Also is there anywhere that took official pics??
Good to meet you all at last, a great bunch you are!!

Smokin.............

Spirit
22-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Anyone get any video of our track action??

Don't you worry about that my man - it's all in hand....... :thumbsup:

Jimbo
22-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Bonsai Boy got some trackside footage as well. I think he and Paul were at Quarry for the first session and Camp for the second.....that right Graham?

Smokinmasta2
22-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Cool m8, cant wait to see!!

Smokin...........

PAUL
22-05-2005, 07:26 PM
James I have some footage am useless with the computer :embarasse
so will give the tape to Simon and he said he will post it on the site.

Smokinmasta2
22-05-2005, 07:27 PM

Have you got any of your in-car foootage from our sessions m8??

Smokin..............

Kieran
22-05-2005, 07:38 PM

Seconded!! :thumbsup:

ANTHONY
22-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Seconded!! :thumbsup:
thirded :rolleyes4

Jimbo
22-05-2005, 07:48 PM
James I have some footage am useless with the computer :embarasse
so will give the tape to Simon and he said he will post it on the site.

Excellent mate, be really good to see. Graham said he had some of the last action day from Sept last year too, which would be great to see.....ahhh, memories :)

SGHOM
22-05-2005, 07:50 PM
or a present from the Scotts !!
thanks Alex & K !! :thumbsup:

Bazlightyear
22-05-2005, 09:05 PM
I've got a 206 MB QuickTime in-car clip of the second session, including my slight mishap. It's the complete sessionwhich lasts for about 16 mins thats why it's so big, but I'm not sure how to download it.

Any idea's

Barry

Smokinmasta2
22-05-2005, 09:22 PM
I've got a 206 MB QuickTime in-car clip of the second session, including my slight mishap, but I'm not sure how to download it.

Any idea's

Barry
.mov file are always too big for the quality IMHO anyway!
I would suggest converting it to either .wmv or mpeg format first (which should make it smaller?) User XP movies make (for ease of use) to cut out the bits you dont want (with no action etc?).

The Admin chaps are sorting out some video space as we speak??

Smokin.............

enigma
22-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Richards quicktime stuff is always small and awesome! :p

Smokinmasta2
22-05-2005, 10:05 PM

:joker: are you saying Richard has a small one................. :) :)

Smokin............

Physician
23-05-2005, 12:08 AM

Thanks Dave ...... I actually think they are crap that small but it's a compromise to allow an easy upload and download for the viewer. I watch them full 17 inch screen on my comp and it's SO much better obviously.

Anyway, if server space is needed I can accomodate anyone.

Smokin ............. depends on what (or whom) you are comparing it with. I'm told it's more than adequate when uploaded ! :smug: :smug:

Smokinmasta2
23-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Thanks Dave ...... I actually think they are crap that small but it's a compromise to allow an easy upload and download for the viewer. I watch them full 17 inch screen on my comp and it's SO much better obviously.

Anyway, if server space is needed I can accomodate anyone.

Smokin ............. depends on what (or whom) you are comparing it with. I'm told it's more than adequate when uploaded ! :smug: :smug:

LOL - perhaps it's just the ones i've seen!! Mine takes .mov and looks cr*p - 30 secs about 15mb, good frame (well normal PAL 25fps!) but poor res!!

Seen a lot of peeps lately who have .wmv and .avi (dont know what cameras mind) and they look awsome for the size!!
As i said, just my opinion is all - even it's wrong!! ;) ;)

Smokin........