PDA

View Full Version : Best Coilover Setup - Some Questions and some info.

jasevr4
23-05-2005, 06:02 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm just looking at options for Coilovers at the moment for a Legnum..

Ultimately, I want to run an "EDFC" because I'm sick of manually adjusting coilovers on my current car, not to mention this is much more accurate. This way while I'm driving round the streets it can be smooth, and on race days and "spirited runs" it can be nice and hard. And by "it", I mean my suspension of course. /yes heh

The Tein website mentions that you will need to get rid of the sound deadening under the bonnet where the EDFC will sit so you can fit it under the bonnet (Damn Mitsubishis, theyre such a tight fit!), and in the rear, you will need to cut out the interior to fit it in...

http://www.tein.co.jp/appli/mitsubishi/ec5w-hap-rr.jpg

IMO they did a fair hack job on that one; I don't think it actually needs to be cut that much!

Now by way of actual coilovers itself, what would you suggest is the best option?

The Tein options are:

GT Wagon Damper
- Seem to be what Tein are really pushing for mini-vans and wagons
- Spring Rates - Ft: 8.0k/250mm, Rr: 5.0k/225mm
- Ride Height Adjustability Range - Ft:-75 to +10mm, Rr:-55 to +10mm

Super Wagon Damper
- Not much info around!

HA Damper
- No longer sold for EC5W, but for EC5A (once again, Tein are really pushing GT Wagon Damper)
- Spring Rates - Ft: 10.0k/200mm, Rr: 7.0k/250mm
- Ride Height Adjustability Range - Ft:-78 to -8mm, Rr:-49 to +4mm

Does anyone know any other brand coilovers that work with the EDFC? Has anyone had any experience with the above coilovers? Are there any others that you would like to suggest?

/help :thumbsup:

dickytim
23-05-2005, 06:32 AM
that picture looks like the cover over the seat belt has been put out of the way, it doesn't really look like it has been hacked up.

jasevr4
23-05-2005, 06:37 AM
my bad

jasevr4
25-05-2005, 03:58 AM
so I take it not many people here run coilovers?

zentac
25-05-2005, 07:33 AM
I use to run Tein HA`s on my last FTO I now run JIC Magic on my current FTO and IMHO they are better and far most adjustable, but Ive not seen the new Tein range.