PDA

View Full Version : FS Legnum VR4

WildCards
26-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Anyone know anything about this:

http://www.wslhosting.co.uk/dts/display.asp?bid=50

or the company, they're in Bradford. Car looks too good to be true.

Ta

pezza
26-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Hmm does look the part... lowered suspension and alloys with that colour.. Looks like a serious tool...

How far away is that from you... worth a look see how much history it has etc..

Kieran
26-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Oooh.... I really do rather like that..... :inquisiti £5750...... Mmmmmm......

(You can see where this is going!!! /grr /grr /help )

woody2384
26-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Had a look at that car about 4 weeks ago. I think 'Immaculate Condition' is a little bit far fetched but it did look like it would clean up fairly well. I didn't have a detailed look at it as it was sandwitched between 2 other cars and had a flat battery so couldn't be moved.

The guys at the garage seemed pretty sound and I think you could get it for a lot less than £5795. Without any haggling at all, they offered it to me at £5500.

Kieran
26-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Did you see what the mileage was? :inquisiti Service History? Auction Grade? :inquisiti

woody2384
26-05-2005, 10:41 PM
I didn't bother asking about service history or mileage. I decided pretty quickly that it wasn't the car for me. I think you generally know within 30 seconds of seeing the car if it’s the one for you. At the time I viewed, the dashboard was part way out and the sales guy mentioned that it was due to be resubmitted for an SVA due to it failing the first time. Again with the auction grade I didn't ask but would be very surprised if it was above 3.5.

It was difficult to get a really good look at the car due to poor access and I couldn't get an idea if it was a sweet runner as they couldn't start it.

I'm no expert on VR4 mechanicals. As mentioned in an earlier post, the VR4 that I bought turned out to have duff AYC which I've been quoted £3903 to fix. My comments are based entirely on a 15 minute cosmetic look at the car.

WildCards
27-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Kieran, the pictures do make it look the part and the price is tasty too. Woody thanks for the info.

Is there any way you can tell if the AYC is working or not when you view/test drive the car?

Cheers

Steve

woody2384
27-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Can't help with the AYC although I do believe you should be able to hear the pump working when driving hard and obviously the lights on the dash should light up in the 3 stages. With mine, I thought I just wasn't pushing the car hard enough as I'm a pretty cautious driver after a big accident a few years ago. My bars light up on start-up but that’s it. I’m sure some of the fellas on here can tell you exactly what to look for.

With regards to the car, I think the garage did them no favours in presenting the car as they did. I saw it around 4 or 5 weeks ago just after it had arrived. I think an afternoon with the wax would do wonders with it. The irony of it is, the other half of the garage is a hand wash car wash and valeting business :rolleyes4 . I saw the words immaculate condition in the description and to me that means a totally unmarked car with not a single dent, scratch or scuff.