PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Speed Restrictor

matt woodford
26-05-2005, 07:36 PM
I have just bought a Legnum and It's got the Japanese Speed Restrictor. Is there an easy way to deactivate this? Will Remapping the chip help?

Vector
26-05-2005, 07:40 PM
I have just bought a Legnum and It's got the Japanese Speed Restrictor. Is there an easy way to deactivate this? Will Remapping the chip help?

me2 ... "help us obi wan kenobi's, your our only hope)

wirdy
26-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Do a search on "delimiter" /yes

Plenty of info.

westy
27-05-2005, 10:25 PM
when you buy a speedo converter [kmh to mph] it also de-limits.just done mine tonight :thumbsup: :happy:

wirdy
27-05-2005, 10:35 PM
when you buy a speedo converter [kmh to mph] it also de-limits.just done mine tonight :thumbsup: :happy:

Yep most do, but some of them don't so beware. Mine had a converter fitted that didn't delimit. Had to fit a separate delimiter-(that also converted kph to mph) - but I just had to disable that by snipping a link on the PCB. I've searched all under the dash but have never found the speedo convertor - it must be inside the clocks somewhere, so I've left well alone as it works fine.

westy
27-05-2005, 10:52 PM
yeah four wires connect to the speedo head,so the converter is in the dash,but one wire goes to the ecu which de limits .spotted.m62 purple estate playing,sorry officer :joker: wont happen again :embarasse :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

Bazlightyear
27-05-2005, 11:35 PM
When I bought mine I found that the converter reads about 10% slow and the delimiter wasn't connected. I followed the article in here somewhere which requires taking the centre console and speedo out, which is quite easy, and connecting the wire into the ECU. It took about 1 1/2 hours altogether.

Barry

dts
24-06-2007, 10:31 AM
When I bought mine I found that the converter reads about 10% slow and the delimiter wasn't connected. I followed the article in here somewhere which requires taking the centre console and speedo out, which is quite easy, and connecting the wire into the ECU. It took about 1 1/2 hours altogether.

Barry

hi - any chance of a link to the thread with the info on

i have tried 'converter' and 'limiter' without much luck

cheers

peter thomson
24-06-2007, 10:37 AM

cheers

Hi and welcome to the club. You will have to pay the £20 membership fee to see the info in the articles section.

wirdy
24-06-2007, 10:38 AM

cheers

See post #3 above :inquisiti

stuartturbo
24-06-2007, 01:17 PM
most convertors probally dont delimit but the limit is now at 180mph rather than the previos 180kph