PDA

View Full Version : Scottish VR4's ???

Big Ian
27-05-2005, 01:35 PM
i'm looking for one /yes with intent to buy ( :leer: Derek it's your fault!)
apart from the Legnum in Calder motor company http://www.caldermotor.co.uk/frameset.htm does anyone know of a garage in Scotland who has a VR4 or Legnum for sale.......around £5K-8K price tag

BraindG
27-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Ian, however if the price is right, a train trip to england might be in order?

ritch_w
27-05-2005, 02:10 PM
a few more £K and you can have mine :thumbsup:

pezza
27-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Y0ou sound very serious now Ian :-) :drummer: :thumbsup:

Dont say we didnt warn you :-)

Hahah just jokin... :D

Are you gonna sell the astra and keep the GLS??

Big Ian
27-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Ian, however if the price is right, a train trip to england might be in order?

:thumbsup: YIP, i'm not rule'n that (trip) out /yes
i'll give myself a few week's of looking "up here" first, but down south would be my best bet for a "fresh car"

Ritch,
i'd love to have the cash to buy your's, but i'll be looking for one from a garage/trade within my price limit :embarasse ??

Pezza,
that depend's on the price of the VR4 i see and want :rolleyes4 £5-6K and i'll keep the GLS?? (maybe), anything above £6k and i'll have to trade it :embarasse
there's alway's an option of :inquisiti "private trade" (swap GLS +£) for one, but as VR4 are getting cheaper, so is my GLS and i'm not giving that away for next to nothing.
(a guy in work just sold his father's R reg GLS for £3050, i feel he was lucky to get that for it)

also i'm listening to the "wise word's" of another member......."it don't matter the year, these car's are pretty much bullet proof "
and after asking folk at japfest.....he's right (no it wasn't Barry)

pezza
27-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Kool!!...

Well then I wud say get a cheaper one and keep the GLS ... you can sell it geeez.. :anxious:

Hmm this new thread by ritch about insuring / running a second car... what will you do?

ritch_w
27-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Hmm this new thread by ritch about insuring / running a second car... what will you do?

christ knows derek!!!
2nd car may be to much £££ - but looking into it - still would like to keep it

selling would be the easy option - if VRs were easy to sell !!!

Smokinmasta2
27-05-2005, 05:06 PM
i'm looking for one /yes with intent to buy ( :leer: Derek it's your fault!)
apart from the Legnum in Calder motor company http://www.caldermotor.co.uk/frameset.htm does anyone know of a garage in Scotland who has a VR4 or Legnum for sale.......around £5K-8K price tag

A trip to East Anglia in order Ian.............£5500 for mine!!1

John

Quad Al
27-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Ian this is in the NW autotrader last week,
Dec98, Trigger Mauve Type R 280bhp mot, FMSH, 50k service done . 55,000 miles,
Stock except for exhaust £6995 ono.
Sounds good me thinks /yes
Preston.
I live in Preston ,
Give us a PM if you want me to have a looksie, It is the same as mine near as dammit. :thumbsup:

Big Ian
27-05-2005, 10:17 PM
cheer's guy's, :thumbsup: i'll keep it all in mind
i'm going to phone "calder motor company" tomorrow, they say they can get any car for anybody...... :inquisiti we'll see, they also have a nice looking Legnum for £9K which they have had a while now :rolleyes4

Big Ian
27-05-2005, 10:23 PM
this is the Legy at calder's

SGHOM
27-05-2005, 11:04 PM
leather & no TC ?? not a good combination fot track use. /help
I thought you were after a saloon Ian ?? more expensive/exclusive than the 'proper' VR4's :embarasse but nice none the same !! /yes

& by the way Ian.... when you drove mine, It was running as bad as it ever has. /yes thankfully, Zentac to the rescue, & I'm back on boost. :thumbsup:

ANTHONY
27-05-2005, 11:09 PM
It is the same as mine near as dammit. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE] i hope not after last week............sorry quadal

Nick Mann
27-05-2005, 11:56 PM
this is the Legy at calder's

A UK car too!

Very nice.

Big Ian
28-05-2005, 12:31 AM
:rolleyes4 i was only showing the Legnum as an example of what they "get a hold of"..but if they want to drop the price and do me a deal...well :inquisiti ......you never know?.....but i do like the saloon better /yes

i'm going to ask if they have any more VR4's or what the chance's are of them getting me one within my price bracket /yes ,they have a good name for please'n peep's with what Jap car you want for the cash you have /yes ...so ive been told, by a few folk now!
a local guy to me bought a W reg scooby for less than £800 than any book price from them and that was after they sorted a trade-in price for his camry V6, it's in average condition but the running gear is "sound" he say's they have a "drop bracket" fitted in to the window price, it may be £250 or it may be over a grand, just depend's how you talk to them :leer:

Big Ian
28-05-2005, 12:37 AM
leather & no TC ?? not a good combination fot track use. /help

& by the way Ian.... when you drove mine, It was running as bad as it ever has. /yes thankfully, Zentac to the rescue, & I'm back on boost. :thumbsup:

hey Derek it's 2 turbo's and a whole lot more than i have just now :rolleyes4"never mind not having TC"........so since your car is running well again, are you coming up here to give me another shot :inquisiti

SGHOM
28-05-2005, 12:42 AM
are you coming up here to give me another shot :inquisiti
if someone organises a dumfries meet again this summer, I'm sure one or two of us may oblige !! :thumbsup: /yes /yes

Big Ian
28-05-2005, 08:36 AM
if someone organises a dumfries meet again this summer, I'm sure one or two of us may oblige !! :thumbsup: /yes /yes

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: OK...........but i may have my own by then?? :rolleyes4

Big Ian
28-05-2005, 11:12 AM
just phoned them and.....1st the legnum is sold, and they don't have any other VR4's.
for them to get one (on order) i have to go see them tell them exact what i want and then pay "an approx amount of cash that will be about half the price of the car" and then wait to see what they find, once they have found the right car then they do the rest,shipping,speedo,tyre's, underseal, SVA and any other paper work he couldn't do me a price but if i want to take this route then ive to go and sit N talk to them?

(you may see me soon "down south" looking!)

EDIT/ they don't take trade-in's against a "fresh import"...so the guy i know with the scooby was either talkin shi2e or he bought a used (import) from them

ritch_w
28-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Ian - i think you would be better to see & drive something before handing over a wad of cash - If Calder ask for a few £K and cant agree on a final figure they could screw you over... just me being paranoid??? :inquisiti

theres tons out there - just gotta look :thumbsup:

Keighley have a few reasonably priced, dunno if there any good though

i'm sure you've scanned auto trader already-
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=MITSUBISHI&model=ANY&variant=VR4&keywords=&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=KA21+6DT&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

SGHOM
28-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Have you seen this one Ian ??
not far away from me ! :thumbsup:

http://www.wslhosting.co.uk/dts/

Big Ian
28-05-2005, 01:41 PM
yeah i don't like the way "Calders" wanted to do a deal?.. :inquisiti ive lost interest in doing a deal with them

ive looked through Auto trader 2 and yes Keighley have a few or more i like the look of the white manual box legnum, but weve read a bit to much (on the down side) about the service they do or don't offer?? but as time goes on i won't rule them out
also a company called "A1" have a couple, a but more cash though than Keighley...i'll have to get some time sorted and see about heading south and maybe some kind CVR4 member could help me pick the best O the bunch ?? :rolleyes4

Big Ian
28-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Have you seen this one Ian ??
not far away from me ! :thumbsup:

http://www.wslhosting.co.uk/dts/

first come first served /yes ...i think a few other's will beat me to it, it's got a post all to it's self that one /yes http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8991
look's good though?

bobb
30-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Ian,

i am planning to sell my legnum vr4 shortly. I imported the car with 1200 kms on the clock in eaarly 2002. first reg'd in Japan 29/12/01. It is a type V i.e. no AYC. I bought this intentionally as the last vr4 I had was a great car, apart from AYC problems and the subsequent expense. It was a '98 type S with lots of mods. This one is an absolutely standard car with 33,000 miles now in the clock - 51 reg when my plate is removed. - metallic black, tiptronic - 286 bhp. It has honestly never had a day off the road other than servicing. needs a couple of stone chips and a scratched rear bumper touched up. Looking for around 10k for the car. I'm in Aberdeen, are you interested?

Rgds

bobb

Big Ian
30-05-2005, 08:57 AM
sorry bobb, it's a bit to much £ for me :embarasse another member has a "mint" saloon around the same price as your's which i'd ave had, but ive got a budget/plan and i want to keep to it /yes :happy:

good luck with selling it :thumbsup: