PDA

View Full Version : ehh, ive broke it!

Big Ian
28-05-2005, 09:57 AM
after adding the "wood look trim" i thought..Hmmm, need's somit else?
so i pulled off the 3 heater control switche's.......(i could have said i pulled off the 3 knob's! but i didn't :scholar: ).......then went ahead and sprayed them silver (lookin good :thumbsup: ) once i put them back in place i thought "O go on then try them" :rolleyes4,blower speed: check :happy: , air direction: check :happy: , hot and cold air: :inquisiti ehh nop!..ive got cold "ALL THE WAY"
so either it's not seated proper or ive broke something? so after taking the switch back off and finding i can move the temp to hot with the aid of a screw driver......emm i think ive broke something to assist with the switch meeting the inner working's.. :embarasse

:rolleyes4 any idea's????

Big Ian
28-05-2005, 11:42 AM
look's good though.....ehh? now i'll ave to strip it and check the damage :embarasse

Paul Beazer
28-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Sorry to hijack Ian, do you find the checkplate floormats get slippery when wet (fnaar!)??

Big Ian
28-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Sorry to hijack Ian, do you find the checkplate floormats get slippery when wet (fnaar!)??

yeah /yes they can be a right pain!, but ive got the hang of driving with my feet of the ground (mat) :rolleyes4

and more on my broken switch
after closer inspection i found that a small cog had gone AWOL!......so in my quest to find it i had to......."rip the freekin dash out!"
:evil2:

Big Ian
28-05-2005, 01:28 PM
and look what i found hiding way under all the wire's and relay's :smug:

SGHOM
28-05-2005, 01:35 PM
and look what i found hiding way under all the wire's and relay's :smug:
a gold bracelet !! wow !! :rolleyes4 :embarasse :embarasse

Big Ian
28-05-2005, 01:48 PM
a gold bracelet !! wow !! :rolleyes4 :embarasse :embarasse

/wall ......PMSL :thumbsup:

zedy1
28-05-2005, 08:58 PM
the wood trim looks good mate

ANTHONY
28-05-2005, 10:12 PM
so if any body want to know how to remove the dash.....................your the man ian :thumbsup:

Big Ian
29-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Tony it's very easy to remove the centre dash /yes and i do think there's a "how to" within the member's area :happy: (Kieran wrote one with pic's)...just put it all back together and all is working fine again :thumbsup: ... (ive changed the colour of the switche's again, from bright silver to the same shade as my car :smug: )..., i wish i had smaller hand's sometime's though, putting the cable's for the heater control's is a bug'r :leer: to clip back inplace.

ZEDY, thank's again for the part's, yer a good man :thumbsup: