PDA

View Full Version : play'n up?

Big Ian
29-05-2005, 09:09 PM
driving today in my G and all was well till i pulled over outside my mother's and :inquisiti the rev's dropped and the engine died?? started it and it was hunting slightly, then when i was leaving i started it,didn't touch the gas pedal and it died then when i started it again it was fine :rolleyes4 , then driving home every time i dipped the clutch at stop's and traffic light's the rev's would drop down to under 300rpm and it would hunt up and down slightly??
once home i took a few off the different plug's around the throttle body and cleaned them, started the car and all was fine,took it out and...... :embarasse it was like the rev limiter was kicking in but the rev's only got to 2500-2800 rpm in any gear it would do this??
ive now adjusted the (don't know the name of it!) black body with a spring inside of it, sit's to the right hand side on the rear of the throttle?injection chamber :rolleyes4
well i noticed it had room for adjusting, so i undone the 2x 8mm bolt's moved the black housing thing slightly , done up the bolt's and...................... :thumbsup: it's a goer again, running fine start's N stop's and doesn't die?? but i do think ive lost some power??
any idea's to what ive adjusted and if it was the right thing to do?? :rolleyes4

Jacque say's "it's playing up as it know's it might be off soon"

ANTHONY
29-05-2005, 09:48 PM
sounds like you'v got a bit of a herbie there.....keep it quite your looking for another. go out tomorrow and give her a good polish :rolleyes4

Big Ian
30-05-2005, 09:01 AM
go out tomorrow and give her a good polish :rolleyes4

the weather is very nice today /yes so once ive clean'd and polish'd i'll up-date my picture's for you, Tony :thumbsup:

ritch_w
30-05-2005, 09:31 AM
idle controll valve sticking????

dunno where it is on the G - but a clean with wd40 or carb cleaner should sort it :thumbsup:

I-S
30-05-2005, 09:48 AM
I'd like to know, because I think mine needs doing. It's ok in normal use (unless it's particularly cold/damp), but whenever I turn on the aircon it dips to 500rpm when at a standstill. It tries to get back up but can't seem to manage 750 (as it should).

The Vee
30-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Think you may have adjusted your throttle pot. This could have caused the problems you describe(if it's faulty), but by moving it the ecu is now getting a false reading, so could cause a slight drop in power.

Big Ian
30-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Andy, :inquisiti is this the part you are on about?, as it's the same sensor i adjusted.

also i got this part and the crankshaft sensor.....(don't need it but thought i'd av-it :leer: )...forĀ£3 :smug:the pair from a breaker's :thumbsup:

DUNLY
30-05-2005, 02:39 PM
IAN, Still got that problem??? have you noticed the engine warning light coming on at all, even for a few seconds when u have been driving? does the car sort of stutter now and then???

Big Ian
30-05-2005, 03:48 PM
IAN, Still got that problem??? have you noticed the engine warning light coming on at all, even for a few seconds when u have been driving? does the car sort of stutter now and then???

no warning light's and it was more of a total shut down with power but not cutting the engine dead?? :inquisiti it felt like air starvation /yes
ive not replaced any part's yet , i'll see how it goes tonight?? to busy cleaning it today....."do i realy want to sell it??? :rolleyes4 "

DUNLY
30-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Na u dont want to sell it, u want to keep it. and u no u do.
its just ma galant was doing the same thing, it turned out to be the ticker motor, then a month after that got sorted, the engine would stutter, warning light would come on and off. so phoned up Bridgend, went to take it up to Kilwinning, sitting on the bypass at 70 and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz total shutdown, took 20 mins to get it restarted and lost a **** load of power, struggled severely the last 6 mile but the trusty G got us there. Turned out to be the cam sensor, since the cam sensor got replaced, got the power back (infact think theres a little more).

so just beware if you see that warning light even it just flashes on and off for a sec.

what years the galant?? Y?