PDA

View Full Version : Lurch... kinda

konman
31-05-2005, 03:53 AM
right lets test you experts. in tip mode giving it the beans in second, start to lift off the gas, probably bring the pedal back no more than a couple of cms, the car lurches, sort of a heavy engine brake sort of thing. now if i do the same thing, give it the beans in second and simplet lift right off the gas is acts normally. is this somesort of gear box issue, or is it an engine issue. i pulled into the garage at work, poped the bobnet trying to see something obvious but the obvious thing with these cars is you cant see anything. gave it a rev to see if any pipes had come off and what i did notice, the recirc was very loud, like an aftermarket bov. couldnt see if a pipe had come off but could it be something as silly as that... i dunno, i really lost here, any suggestions would be greatfully received. /help

Kenneth
31-05-2005, 03:59 AM
you have an aftermarket BOV? (or removed it)

If your BOV doesn't open you can get a bit of surging of you lift of the gas, then come back on slightly.

konman
31-05-2005, 04:06 AM
no aftermarket bov, thats why its a bit puzzeling as to why its so loud. and the surge is more like a brake rather than an acceleration

Kieran
31-05-2005, 08:11 AM
and what i did notice, the recirc was very loud, like an aftermarket bov.

Hmmm..... The stock recirculation valve should be quiet.... Might be worth seeing if the piston in it has siezed or if the casing is split.

konman
01-06-2005, 03:44 AM
geeeez what a dick i feel, turns out the whole drama was due to one of the hoses coming off the intercooler... i was packing myself... christ these cars try you dont they... blimey.