PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody

Kevin Jones
11-08-2003, 02:07 AM
Hello everybody,
I've been moochin' on here for a few weeks now, seen some good / funny stuff. Thought I'd say hello. I bought
a '97 INSERT INTO post VALUES ( the slow ones) S-type from A1 performance up in Newcastle about 5 weeks ago, quite pleased with it. The wife
thought it looked like a Mondeo, but I think she appreciates the difference now. Anyway I probably wont post much for 2 reasons 1. 'cause I haven't got much to say and 2. 'cause... erm...well...

BraindG
11-08-2003, 06:06 AM
welcome aboard :) - im sure we will be hearing from you, cant keep quiet for ever :)

Spirit
11-08-2003, 06:33 AM
Hi Kevin and welcome to the Club mate

Darren
11-08-2003, 08:59 AM
Hey Kevin, I bought the Legnum which came in at the same time. Tell me, have you had any problems with the way they fitted the rear fog lamp ? on mine the piggy backed it onto the traction control switch. This promply blew the 10amp fuse which covers the traction control, rear light assembly, internal night mode lamps and headlamp beeping alert. If you or anyone else has seen this before, how did you solve it ?

I've considered just whacking in a 15 amp fuse and hoping for the best but would appreciate a more elegant solution if you have one.

Cheers, Da

Brind
11-08-2003, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the club Kevin I'm sure you won't be able to keep quiet for long, as there is always something to ask or comment on.
Mondeo! :nono: :D

Darren, making a new circuit for the rear fog shouldn't be too difficult, just use the existing switch and get the power from either a different circuit ie lighting or make a new fused circuit coming off of the battery.
Just upgrading the fuse would probably be okay but only if the cable can handle the load.. the cables used on jap cars tend to be a bit on the cheap and that'll do side, hence the size of the pathetic neutral cable coming off the battery.

Brind
11-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Hang on??

To use your rear fog you must turn off your traction control system then?:Ponder:

Ignore what I said and get a new switch and make a new fused circuit directly from the battery, you'll have no problems at all then.

Darren
12-08-2003, 06:48 AM
that's what I was going to try , I'm just a bit of a novice when comes to this kind of thing so I was looking to cut corners. :P