caishanvr4
31-05-2005, 11:30 PM
GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 GS D3 OR TOYO PROXES T1 R :undecided

Not much dif in £££

What would you choose, im ordering tmrw. I know its late but would like some
/help in choosing.

Spirit
31-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Never tried the Toyo's so can't comment on them.....but just love the F1's.

I am on my third set now and they just give incredible confidence in the dry and the wet - and the road noise is VERY good too :thumbsup:

All round top performer....and many on here agree.

Kenneth
31-05-2005, 11:33 PM
GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 GS D3 OR TOYO PROXES T1 R :undecided

Not much dif in £££

What would you choose, im ordering tmrw. I know its late but would like some
/help in choosing.

Personally I would go for the Toyos. Why? Because I have a friend whose driving I very very greatly respect who swears by the toyo T1-Ss.
Secondly, the T1-R is a new tyre which should reflect advances in tyre compounds and construction.

bernmc
31-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Only thing I've read against the F1's is that the sidewalls are a bit soft, so can result in the tyre rolling with high speed cornering. Haven't had them myself, so I wouldn't know. Never had Toyo's on any of my cars. If you find your tyres on mytyre, they've usually got links to reviews...

Smokinmasta2
01-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Toyos are very good - F1's are highly rated on here though.
Had some Toyo's on my FTO when i got it - loads of grip come rain or shine.

Need someone to try something differant on the VR4 or else we will never know as members on here tend to keep to what they know (or others tell them is good - the whole point really!!), so go on try out the Toyo's and see what they're like for the VR4!!
I would deff like to find out so i can go back to them!!
I have Mich Pilots on at the mo, and after giving them a good ragging at Japfest, they have certainly got better??????? Perhaps that's what they needed??

Smokin............

Spirit
01-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Heres a link that KiwiTT posted up once:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

May help :thumbsup:

BraindG
01-06-2005, 12:51 AM
I have Mich Pilots on at the mo, and after giving them a good ragging at Japfest, they have certainly got better??????? Perhaps that's what they needed??

hmmm, you kidding, or serious?
i had them on my first vr4.. the first ragging i gave the car up in scotland, and i completly killed the sidewalls on them.. although i do have 16".. but they were wasted.. needed replacing.. :rolleyes4

Kenneth
01-06-2005, 01:28 AM
T1-R Pdf

I remembered I had it on my PC at work :thumbsup:

NevGroom
01-06-2005, 08:12 AM
I have Mich Pilots too - Excellent tyre in both wet and dry plus a lot less road noise. BUT, the 'tramlining' has got to be the worst (and at times the most frightening) I have ever experienced.

Darren
01-06-2005, 08:15 AM
I've had both on my car. The Toyo's are much better in the dry and the Goodyears are slightly better in the wet. However mine (17/235's) trammed like mad. On the whole though if driving hard the Toyo were better and the car felt more planted / sharper. The comment regarding the tyre walls on the Goodyear would hold with what I've felt since putting them on I think the cars feels a bit more wooly than before. The're really not bad, but they aren't the ultimate tyre for our cars IMO.
I recon I'll be going back to the Toyo simply because I drive the car much harder when it's dry. In the wet, I expect to slide around and it's disconcerting when the Goodyear don't let you much.

-LegnumVR4-
01-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Eagle F1's are what i have sitting on the Legnum. Heaps of grip and pushes the car even further at the limits.

caishanvr4
01-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Thanks for all your input guys, i will be picking up the tyres at around 3 oclock so whatever one has the most votes i will be parting with the hard earned £££, however please keep your inputs coming in, much appretiated :thumbsup:

jalford
08-06-2005, 05:31 PM
:drummer:

What did you go for in the end?

How do you rate them?

KiwiTT
08-06-2005, 10:34 PM
I may be sounding like a cracked record.

The F1s really held the road when I was really pushing them on the "Wellsford Run". They never missed a beat. Being on now for 6 months and still grip like mad.

Had Toyo's before but, I suspect those tyres were old.

I will be buying the F1s again

Pete M
08-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Another vote for the F1 GS D3. I went from standard size 205/55-16 to 225/50-16 (same rolling radius) . Super sticky, look great, reasonable wear rate. Around NZD250 per tyre.

Kenneth
08-06-2005, 11:29 PM
lol, we know how much you like those tyres!

The toyos before the T1-S were apparently not that great. Mate of mine was given a set to test and he went back to them and said they were crap. This was some years ago though.

The T1-S is a very good tyre though (apparently, never used them myself)

The reason I would go with the T1-R (and at this stage I will do when I need to replace my tyres) is because it is a new tyre based on a previously very good tyre. (in other words it should be better)

Tyres are the single most important pice of technology on your car. As with most technology these days, advances in tyre compounds and construction are comming in leaps and bounds. Tyre companies are touting new performance tyres with better grip in the wet and dry combined with increased mileage from the tyre.

In my opinion, if you have the option of getting new performance technology at the same price as the old, go for the new.

RED
08-06-2005, 11:49 PM
I've got Toyo T1-S on my VR4 - dogs danglies as far as I'm concerned /yes

caishanvr4
10-06-2005, 02:23 AM
I went for these in the end. £420.00 balanced and fitted to my new rims :happy:
GY F1 GS D3 :thumbsup:

97_Legnum
16-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Another vote for the F1 GS D3. I went from standard size 205/55-16 to 225/50-16 (same rolling radius) . Super sticky, look great, reasonable wear rate. Around NZD250 per tyre.
I just got those exact same tire, I too went from 205/55/16 to 225/50/16's. I wanna run them in before the Hammy / Tauranga run. I paid $198.00 for each tire and $45.00 for a wheel alignment. Money well spent I think... :evil2:

strangebat
16-06-2005, 10:26 PM
I've had toyo t1-rs on for a couple of months now, and can't fault them, the confidence they give is superb (especially on the twisty roads up here). I got mine for £65 a corner from Camskill got them fitted locally for a tenner :thumbsup: