Chad
01-06-2005, 07:00 PM
ah at last I can share some pics of my baby!!! Wish I still had her :embarasse

michaeli
01-06-2005, 07:00 PM
OMG!!!! Did you buy it off of Ebay??

Chad
01-06-2005, 07:02 PM
sold her about a year ago and have regreted it ever since!!!

michaeli
01-06-2005, 07:03 PM
It says you live in Oxfordshire... Did you sell it to a guy in Manchester??

Chad
01-06-2005, 07:06 PM
This might sound strange but i sold it to a scottish bloke who lived around the Kentish area who i think might have been a dealer who said he would drive it for a bit and then ship it up to scotland and stick it an auction!!!!!!!!

michaeli
01-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Ahhh OK...

I'll tell the story then...

I bought this car from a guy in Manchester who bought it from dealer in Scotland....

I absolutely love this car!!! I had to sell it though to get married, I was absolutely gutted, so to see it again has made my heart go a flutter....

It was an absolutely fantastic car and gave me the VR4 Bug, BIG STYLE...

I've now got the VR4 type S..... Thanks for the memories though.. as soon as the wife comes home, I'm going to show it to her.... (Ahem... so to speak)

What a car... Can't believe it...

Thanks again,

Mike

Chad
01-06-2005, 07:18 PM
WOW!!!! Can't belive it!!! I found out what happend to it at last :happy:
Did you mend the small dent on the front??? :embarasse Loved that car, I too sold it because I was getting married (and kids!) Have you got any pics of it, did you do anything to it?? Sorry. so many questions!!!! :embarasse

michaeli
01-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I've got some pics of it somewhere, I didn't have anything done to it other than an ECU Refurb and full service (cost £1K)...

The dent was still there and I was going to buy the front bit of trim and bend the bonnet back into shape, but never got around to it....

My god it shifted like an EVO, raw power!!! :evil2: the VR4 I have now is more refined but a little faster...

Still love the look of the 7G Galant though... FANTASTIC!!! :thumbsup:

How did the bump on the front happen??

Chad
01-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Were the lifters quite? I tried everthing to sort them!!! I had a bit more power out of it than you had. I had a unichip and water injection on it which had a dyno proved 307 BHP. Went like s*** of a shovel with those small mods.
AH the dent :embarasse :embarasse Umm........ sort of lost control of it arsing about and stuck it in a hedge :embarasse (don't tell the wife that though, she still thinks someone hit me!!!!!)

michaeli
01-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeh I saw the graph with water injection @ 307BHP...

It must have been running about 270 when I had it then... The lifters were still a bit noisey but an oil change or 3 and plenty of engine flush kept it quiet...

My new VR4 is running over 300 and is the 2.5 not 2ltr...

Are you going to get another one?? I know I couldn't wait....

Chad
01-06-2005, 07:48 PM
More mems :happy: and what happens if you don't avoid pot holes!!!
I would love to get another but kids are bloody expensive and my wife's a bad driver /help
If I get one it will have to be a second car and I have van as well so a bit to much at moment!! Would love to have a 7g again, not to keen on 8 :embarasse Sorry!!

Kieran
01-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Wow... It's a small world isn't it? As soon as I saw that Reg. Number, I thought, "Blimey, I wonder if Mike's seen it!!"

Chad
01-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Whats happened to her now???

michaeli
01-06-2005, 09:13 PM
I sold her to a guy off of Ebay, he seemed very enthusiastic but I've not heard from him since...

I'll dig out his email adress and ask him...

and yes...It is a small world Kieren :thumbsup:

ah the memories.....

Chad
01-06-2005, 09:18 PM
at the time I think that it was the only 7G VR4 in UK! I've been chatting to kitefighter and he has one do you know of any more? They are rare as :thumbsup:

WildCards
02-06-2005, 11:04 AM
I've got those wheels of my Scenic! I not surprised you dented one, they aren't good quality. But what do expect from Team Dynamics.

michaeli
02-06-2005, 04:51 PM
I've got those wheels of my Scenic! I not surprised you dented one, they aren't good quality. But what do expect from Team Dynamics.

They are quite nice looking though...

There is another one that I know of in Scotland and another somewhere in the midlands, a member of CVR4 has one in Trinadad and Tobago as well...

They are very rare and considering they are a similar size to an evo with a twin turbo 2ltr V6 in, they have alot of potential.... :evil2:

Although, it's a different beast to the 8G's, the 8G's are more powerful, more refined and are more of an executive sports car than an in your face sports car... /yes

Both fantastic and both eat 'scooby snacks' on a regular basis!!! So i'd be happy with either.... /yes

Long Live Mitsubishi!!!! :happy: :drummer: :evil2:

Chad
03-06-2005, 06:50 PM
I think I took mine (then yours :rolleyes4 ) to the max about changing the internals. I to used to love eating Scooby snacks and M3's which used to surprise the hell out of them :smug: . That sort of power didn't come without problems though. Could not stop those bloody noisy tappy things :evil2: and was very thirsty and hungry on tires! The worst thing was having the prop disconnect itself from the transfer box at about 140!! I've never heard such a noise and never s*** myself so much in my life! After that I put the limiter back on so it wouldn't go faster than 112!! I've seen race cars been flipped when props go and I valued my life way to much for that :joker:

I'm glad you haven't got the car any more telling you that!!! There was about 4 holes in the transmission tunnel due to the prop banging the bottom of the car :embarasse

Did it still have the exhaust on it??

I made that :smug: :smug:

Chad
03-06-2005, 06:55 PM

These were from "wheel mania" and yes they were bad quality. The only correct ones i could find to fit the e84a!!

Brunty
03-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Nice pictures, lovely looking car and a pleasant little tale of the life and times of one cherished old VR4. The sort of car who's owners probably all have fond memories of it.

Nice one.

Steve

Chad
03-06-2005, 07:04 PM
:thumbsup:

kitefighter
15-07-2005, 04:15 AM
Hello there!

I was just reading your threads and being a fellow (and still current) E84A in the UK it's been very interesting.

I'd agree that it drinks fuel (and 98 Ron + octane boost at that) so much, you're on first names with every shell optimax garage in your area. But there's no such thing as a free lunch and if you want VR-4 performance, then you pay at the pumps.

I've had some scary high speed moments I'll admit but the fault is mine as I've never taken the car and me on a track with a professional instructer to discover the limits.

I've hit about 149mph on the clock (out of this country officer) but it's scary because you wonder what would happen if a component failed and the car is getting old.

I keep promising to upgrade the exhaust, but there's a chap from Australia on this site who has tuned his E84A to the level at which it must be the fastest VR-4 in the world and he advises I do a lot more... (it's a rich mans's world etc).

Anyway, the biggest fault with mine is that I feel it's too heavy. It might be lighter than the successor models but there's a reason that Mitsubishi developed the Lancer and not the Galant as their rally evolution car and that's because it's nimble.

Evos are getting more affordable now so my next car might well be one. But I'd miss the E84A terribly afterwards, especially because it's so discreet and handsome.

Was yours a manual?

mitzylongboy
19-07-2005, 04:16 PM
interesting thing about the picture is the engine is the opposite way round to my 7G galant. i have been trying to work out if i could bore out a legnum 2.5 to 3.0 like the gto/3000gt. i noticed though these two engines are opposite to each other thus stopping the ability to swap a leggie engine for a 3.0 tt or n/a gto/3000gt engine BUT your car could! by the way KITEFIGHTER they did use the galant for rallying before the lancer for a number of years. it's also very interesting the top speed you have reached so far. do you think it would go much faster? is it a manual or tiptronic? it's just that the day i bought my galant auto i finished the last 5 motorway miles sitting at 140 mph with about another 5-10+ mph to go ( i had about 2500 revs to the red line in top but auto's never really get to the redline in top do they? ).

pezza
19-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Hmm missed this thread first time round... and I must say that car looks awesome. :thumbsup:

307brake? /help :evil2:

The 8G gives you a clue that you could be playing with fire but the previous gen.... you would assume so much as until you got /pan 'ed

Nice lookin beast eh? (Esp with oversized intercooler :thumbsup: )

How much do these go for nowadays? /Hmmm

Are they a lot lighter than the 8G?