PDA

View Full Version : Bay of Plenty vs British Lions

Brunty
03-06-2005, 07:49 PM
C'mon then fellas let's get some predictions in:

I reckon it'll be a steep learning curve for the Lions - I think they'll struggle up to and during the first test, things will start to work out for them thereafter. The series will be hard fought and definately closely competed.

Bay of Plenty should win this one - I've no idea what the score will be but think that'll be in the hands of the NZ side.

Steve

ShadyNZer
04-06-2005, 12:44 AM
got tickets to go to this too but have to work tonight :( yeah i think they lions will scrape a win too.

i3ooyah
04-06-2005, 02:00 AM
bay of plenty isnt the best of sides but when there the underdogs they seam to lift there game.

i pick the lions by 12

Physician
04-06-2005, 05:55 AM
Well, if the recent pre-tester against Argentina is anything to go by, the Lions have a big uphill struggle ahead.

There will be some heroic matches against Club sides but I fear the tests will be a rout by the glorious Kiwi All Blacks .......... time will tell. Looking forward to some great matches.

If only Brunty had been picked for the squad ........... :rolleyes4

Brunty
04-06-2005, 11:51 AM
If only Brunty had been picked for the squad ........... :rolleyes4

Too slow for the backs, too squeamish for the forwards and too beautiful to step in for Lawrence Dallaglio I'm afraid!

NAUSED
05-06-2005, 04:31 AM
Bay of Plenty should be proud of how they played coming from 19 points down.

NevGroom
05-06-2005, 09:48 AM

Was a good start to the tour - Thing that is important is that performances must improve from match to match and any weaknesses identified, worked on and erased. A lot of the weaknesses displayed against Argentina evident in the first half (cowboy, exhibition stuff). O'Gara knocked that little lot on the head in the second-half kicking for position and gradually wearing BoP down.

A spirited BoP performance nevertheless. Biggest news item was the loss of Dallaglio, He would have been a major feature for the Lions in the Tests and will be sorely missed.

Can't see the AB's romping the series though, they have nowhere near the preparation time the Lions have - Will be a very close affair, I still stand by the Lions winning 2-1 (AB's will win in the South)

Nev