PDA

View Full Version : new exhaust

SGHOM
04-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks to the very nice people at www.exhaustsuk.com. & to the peeps on here who've used their services !! :happy: i'm now getting new back boxes for my chav mobile !! :smug: :embarasse
6 flanges have been made, & two new silencers are being fitted on tuesday, purely to make my car louder !! MUCH LOUDER But for track days, I'll need to keep within the 98 Dcb limit, hence the flanges.
2, nice, shiny, straight through boxes !! bolt on/bolt off !! /yes :thumbsup:

tig202
04-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Thats a nice website they have there m8 :thumbsup:
Looking forward to some piccys of your new setup /yes

Kieran
05-06-2005, 03:13 AM
.... i'm now getting new back boxes for my chav mobile !! :smug: :embarasse...
/lol /lol /lol

Chav Mobile indeed! Burberry respray next, D? :inquisiti :evil2:

Will the new, VERY LOUD exhaust be road legal?!

bernmc
05-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Funny thing, the first thing I thought when I heard your exhaust was 'gee that's way too quiet - must be a shy, retiring type of guy' :D

SGHOM
05-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Will the new, VERY LOUD exhaust be road legal?!

who cares !! ;) :p :smug:

SGHOM
08-06-2005, 05:57 PM
OK !!
not everything went to plan !! :rolleyes4 a slight breakdown in comunication, as Pete [ who I dealt with ] is now on holiday, so Matt took the car in. I did explain the convo I had with Pete, but i think it was lost in translation ! /yes

but.. the outcome is......... I'm more than pleased with the set up !! let me explain.;

the original plan was to replace the 2 silencers with louder one's. but instead they have replaced the whole system from the cat back with..............[ up to the silencers] err well......... a hollow tube !! 3" wide !! :rolleyes4 /yes
Is it loud I hear you ask ?? PARDON ?? ...... I said PARDON ?? /help :smug:
His explanation was new silencers would not have made it that much louder, as they're straight through anyway.
So...... I have the same silencers on, still with my spark plugs in, which now..... finally...are making an attempt to flame !! bonus. :thumbsup: so i think i may jetison the idea of butane. just need to get out on the road with someone running behind to see if it is flaming ! any volunteers ?? :embarasse

Matt also chucked in £30 of exhaustuk stickers for good measure. So the total net cost of the job ?? a whole ten pounds !! :thumbsup: :drummer:

SGHOM
09-06-2005, 08:13 PM
just thought I'd put a little 'bumpy-to-the-touch sticker on my sill. well 4 actually !! /yes :embarasse

Brunty
09-06-2005, 10:12 PM
So the total net cost of the job ?? a whole ten pounds !!

Ten pounds for a couple of lengths of drain pipe :inquisiti

:thumbsup: