PDA

View Full Version : induction kits.....

SGHOM
11-08-2003, 09:30 PM
need some advice from you experts regarding induction kits, seems to me that quite a few of you have them fitted, I need to know; 1] do they improve performance, or are they just for show. 2 ] do they affect your insurance. 3] do they make a noise !! daft question, but they are de-restricting the flow of to the engine. 4] how much are they & are they simple to fit. 5 ]which is the best one to get. if I get positive answers......... I WANT ONE !:D :D

Brind
11-08-2003, 09:41 PM
They improve performance.

They make quite alot of noise, different materials produce different sounds.

They look good, so you could say for show but they work also.

They can make a difference to your insurance, depends on your insurance company, Adrian Flux doesn't charge anymore for one but others do.

They allow more air into the engine which is why increases of up to 15bhp can be seen in some conditions.

Most of us have the HKS Super Powerflow but none of us has a decent cold air feed yet, so we aren't getting maximum benefit from them.

There are plenty to choose from, so scout round see what you like. :)

SGHOM
11-08-2003, 09:54 PM
decent cold air feed ? now that one has passed straight overhead :confused: sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm from the Mae West school of thought !! whichever is the most suitable, then I'll have it fitted. [ remember Mae West ?? " have him washed, & brought to my room "] can you recomend a supplier/ fitter ?

Brind
11-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Cold air feed as in tube to direct cold towards the filter.
The problem with our cars is that it is very hard to do anything due to the limited space and layout, a simple hose would be simple if we could hook one easy enough.:INSERT INTO post VALUES (

You buy them wherever, someone else may have a good idea of a decent supplier.
You can fit one yourself in less than half hour.:)

SGHOM
11-08-2003, 10:08 PM
thanks 4 the advice mate, I'll look into that.... so you dont remember Mae West then ???

Brind
11-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Sister of Fred West the guy who bricked people up in the walls of his house? could be a long shot..:D

SGHOM
11-08-2003, 10:15 PM
eeh by gum !!! youngsters these days :D if you think Jordan is a slag, ....... she ain't got nothing Mae !!! what am I saying !!! I'm only 45 :D :D It's what my dad told me..... honest !!;)

Spirit
11-08-2003, 10:15 PM
Interlec - if you decide to get one and can wait a week or two I can get you a decent price on a HKS Super Power Flow - just PM me if you decide to get one. If you want one quick then speak to Sumopower - excellent service.

As Brind says, many of us have them but the cold air feed is an issue - until we can resolve this we are not getting the max from them - but they are good for show and a simple DIY job.

You also get to hear the standard recirculating dump valve in the VR4 a little more with one fitted:D

Pete

Brind
11-08-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by spirit979

You also get to hear the standard recirculating dump valve in the VR4 a little more with one fitted:D

Pete
A little waaapishhh sound simlier to a dump valve but without scaring old people.

I'm 24.. :)

Spirit
11-08-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Brind
......without scaring old people.

And your point is ??? :D :D :D :D :D

Brind
11-08-2003, 10:44 PM
It's not quite as loud?? :D

BraindG
11-08-2003, 10:46 PM
bleh, you dont know how many times ive scared the crap out of people with my dumpvalve :D

there was this one time i see two chicks on the left pavement.. i thought.. ehehe perfect target.. so went up to about 4k dropped pedal and ptshhhh... little did i know there were two little kids infront of them.. they screamed, and im sure i could hear them start crying.. oops
:devil1:

Spirit
11-08-2003, 10:53 PM
You bad bad man Barry http://216.40.249.192/s/contrib/icw/006.gif :D

SGHOM
11-08-2003, 11:04 PM
load of b****cks !!!! if its true, I'm buying one tomorrow:: :D

Brind
11-08-2003, 11:12 PM
LOL!

Isn't funny how they get all defensive and have to give you that EVIL looks can kill stare.

I remember once, ages ago now, it was chucking it down with rain for days, on this particular day I had a couple of mates and lady company in the car.. saw this huge puddle at the side of the pavement and to be surprise there was this women and a couple of kids just walking passed it.. you know I had to and my mates could see what I was going to do so I did.. drove straight through it.. superb shot! they were drowned the poor sods.. how we laughed!!! well us blokes did anyhow, that was the first time I experienced THE LOOK.:nono:

SGHOM
11-08-2003, 11:25 PM
had a BMW 7 series once, 5 ltr V12 with huge tyures !!! did a U turn on a side road with pretty grass verges !!!!!!:D guy came out & asked if I'd seen a lorry on this road recently !! " no !! sorry mate, not seen owt !! " he was fuming :D 335/55/18. oil tanker size !!:D :D

BraindG
11-08-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Brind

I remember once, ages ago now, it was chucking it down with rain for days, on this particular day I had a couple of mates and lady company in the car.. saw this huge puddle at the side of the pavement and to be surprise there was this women and a couple of kids just walking passed it.. you know I had to and my mates could see what I was going to do so I did.. drove straight through it.. superb shot! they were drowned the poor sods.. how we laughed!!! well us blokes did anyhow, that was the first time I experienced THE LOOK.:nono:

hahahah.. nice one !!!.. sorry but that i like.. :D