PDA

View Full Version : 1997 UK VR4 for sale

malc
07-06-2005, 06:30 PM
I've had this lovely car for three years now - time to move on.

Twin turbo, 2498cc, 24v, DOHC injected V6, with roller rocker arms, twin intercoolers and oil cooler.
276bhp worth of evil performance through Tiptronic gearbox with adaptable shift timing and auto & manual modes. Max 150mph, 0-60 in 6 secs.

4WD chassis similar to Evo with PAS, AYC (Automatic Yaw Control) to control understeer and wheelspin, 17” 5-spoke alloys and Contimemtal Conti Sport tyres.

4 door saloon in metallic black, with velour trim, climate control, CD / radio, electric folding mirrors, remote central locking, alarm-immobiliser, 4 x electric windows, GPS Gatso / laser speed trap locator, towbar.

Official Mitsubishi Red Zebra import with ongoing warranty and full UK Mitsi service history. 1997 (P reg), one caring UK owner. 5 months tax / MOT. 74,000 miles. GBP 7250. Pix available here... http://photobucket.com/albums/a61/malhughes/

What the press say about the VR4...

Autocar
“it stands shoulder to shoulder with the Evo, Subaru Impreza Turbo and Nissan Skyline GTR as an all-wheel-drive road rocket that’s as fun to drive as it is safe. And, as a comfortable, practical all-rounder, it trumps even them”

Jeremy Clarkson
“utterly magnificent”

“the Galant gives you a taste of high octane , high living without the heartburn. It is, in short, superb”

Car Magazine
“this is how a performance 4x4 should drive. Another Mitsubishi to go mad in”

Brunty
07-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Sounds good, what are you moving on/up to?

You'll need to upload the pictures as an attachment if it's on your hard-drive otherwise we won't be able to see it. Good luck.

bernmc
07-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Preaching to the converted here m8 :D. Sort your pics out, and have a read through the UK for sale forums to see what price you're likely to achieve...

You should've joined the club - then you wouldn't be allowed to sell ;)

Kieran
07-06-2005, 07:52 PM
.....74,000 miles. First to see will buy. GBP 7250....

Mmm...... I'm going to sound really snotty now and I don't mean too, but you may find the price is a tad high for a 1997 with about 74,000 on the clock. There's abother chap on here who can't shift a 2001 legnum for £9k! :inquisiti

But good luck, she certainly sounds like she's been well looked after - You say it's twin intercooled and has an oil cooler too.... I presume you have had these fitted whilst you've had her?

Big Ian
07-06-2005, 09:00 PM
:inquisiti is this your FOR SALE VR4 ? (it's just...the add's sound alike) luvlee lookin motor :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18230&item=4549164203&rd=1

malc
08-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Well spotted Ian :scholar:
Yup thats the one.
Well, I dont know how to attach pics ATM so maybe that link to ebay will save me having to do it!

I also take on board the point Kieran made about the price.
At the end of the day, there arent many buyers around for this type of car and neither are there many cars, so I guess its a case of hoping a willing buyer and a willing seller (me!!) are around at the same time! hehe
I had a lot of bids through ebay, but in the case of that particular auction, my reserve was higher than the highest bid.
If there is no response through the forum, I wil have another go through ebay.
There may be differant buyers around then and there could be a different result.

I think the FMSH and ongoing factory warranty counts for a lot when buying a car of this complexity. Its nice to have the comfort of knowing that if anything is wrong or goes wrong it can be fixed without breaking the bank. It makes it a relatively risk-free buy.

What am I moving up to? :rolleyes4
Mmmm... good question. I'm having difficulty finding something I want.
I have previously had an Audi S4, Alpina B10, Skyline, Scooby P1 and I didnt keep any of them as long as the VR4. The combination of performance and comfort is a hard act to follow. :thumbsup:
But after 3 years... I just HAVE to change!!
No doubt when she finally leaves my drive for the last time... I will pick up autotrader and see whats about at that moment.

bernmc
08-06-2005, 09:36 AM
Oo. ANother P1 to Vr4 owner! Why'd you sell the P1 eh - I only sold mine because the wife wanted a house. Women!

malc
08-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Why did I part with the P1?

I was tempted by a bright yellow :drummer: S4 with a lot of ABT kit on it. 18" ABT split rims, lowered, chipped to 310hp, full leather, TV, Satnav.
Ive been very lucky.

I was lucky in more ways than one... it had so much camber on the rear suspension (coz of the lowering), that it wore out the inner edge of the rear tyres in 7000 miles. I kept looking at the tyres when i washed the car etc, and they always looked fine - never saw the wear on the inside shoulder.
Then one day went to Harrogate kit car show and parked on a grassy slope. As I walkd away from the car I turned round to take a look at it and coz I was headed downhill, I saw underneath the car and saw the wear on the tyres for the first time. I thought it was an optical illusion at first!
It had worn through all the rubber, two layers of steel brace and two layers of rayon. I dont know how much of the carcass was actually left but on the way to the show we had taken quite a few corners at very high speed.
When i saw the wear I thought back to those corners and it really scared me...
We limped home very slowly. :rolleyes4